NYR Fan 116894

Michael Thomas 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, Taipan said:

So idiotic. I can understand if he this in a blowout, but to do it in a game of such magnitude showed premeditation and a lack of judgment. Still, great game from an absolute stud.

It was a good homage to former Saints WR Joe Horn. I wouldn't make a big deal of it.

This thread went from "what a bum his season is over GTFO overrated, bust" to "BEST WR IN THE LEAGUE XDXDXD LEAGUE WINNER HE IZ SO GEWD".

RW forums confuse me.

• Like 2

I won’t say anything about where he’s rated or ranked because he’s been a let down the past few games, but he come through for me this week.  Exactly the kind a game I need from him to try to sell for a rb.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No offense or Marcus Peters fans out there but he made Peters look like a child out there. Nothing more classic than Peters on the sideline yelling/explaining why he was caught off guard on the last td catch.

Saints will most likely sign a wr soon (Aiken, Marshall, Dez)....Doesnt impact MT13 one bit since he is an elite wr, i just hope for saints they dont get dez. He is gonna want targets and be a big mouth, not the chemistry they need.

46 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Saints will most likely sign a wr soon (Aiken, Marshall, Dez)....Doesnt impact MT13 one bit since he is an elite wr, i just hope for saints they dont get dez. He is gonna want targets and be a big mouth, not the chemistry they need.

That won’t affect brees at all if they got dez and he started asking for more targets. Bree’s would tell him to go fly a kite 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

That won’t affect brees at all if they got dez and he started asking for more targets. Bree’s would tell him to go fly a kite 

Yeah, won’t affect Payton either. He sent AD packing quick, and he’s a future HOF

4 hours ago, Zekepeak86 said:

And peyton will do exactly what he did to AP if Dez mouths off. Peyton doesn't stand for that kind of crap. 

Dez signing can only be bad news for Michael Thomas.  It's certainly not going to improve his numbers.

16 hours ago, iabass8 said:

And peyton will do exactly what he did to AP if Dez mouths off. Peyton doesn't stand for that kind of crap. 

Yup I give Dez 2 to 3 weeks before he’s gone. He better learn to shut his mouth if he want to stay in New Orleans this year

5 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Dez signing can only be bad news for Michael Thomas.  It's certainly not going to improve his numbers.

this a might be a mild overreaction!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

this a might be a mild overreaction!

If you think this is going to help Michael Thomas, I'd love to know how.

Just now, Bastardo! said:

If you think this is going to help Michael Thomas, I'd love to know how.

1. He's semi washed. You don't know what he has left.

2. Brees targets MT relentlessly since he's their best receiver

3. Dez is just getting there.  It will take him a couple of week to make an impact as a third receiver

4. His presence more directly hurts Tre'Quan Smith than anyone.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

zG4l7m7.gif

3 minutes ago, SonataArctica said:

Knuckleheads don’t work in this offense. See Adrian Peterson. Dez Bryant is a knucklehead if I ever saw one.

C.J. Spiller is appalled at the snub here ...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

zG4l7m7.gif

If you think Sean Payton doesn't want to prove how smart he is by refurbishing Dez Bryant, then you don't know Sean Payton.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

If you think Sean Payton doesn't want to prove how smart he is by refurbishing Dez Bryant, then you don't know Sean Payton.

Yeah, like Peterson last year.

11 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

1. He's semi washed. You don't know what he has left.

2. Brees targets MT relentlessly since he's their best receiver

3. Dez is just getting there.  It will take him a couple of week to make an impact as a third receiver

4. His presence more directly hurts Tre'Quan Smith than anyone.

As a Thomas/Kamara owner, I hope you're right, but Dez Bryant is built to be a goal-line option, and now the other options have more competition.  Unless he gets cut, which is admittedly a possibility, Dez is going to get some short yardage touchdowns, some of which would otherwise go to Thomas, Kamara, Ingram . . .

2 minutes ago, FSJSteel said:

Yeah, like Peterson last year.

I'm willing to admit that he might flame out like Peterson, but there's no guarantee of that.

31 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

hahahahahahahahaha

8 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Michael Thomas is one of the best receivers in the game. Dez was the #1 option for a mediocre team and still could not cut it. He's learning a new playbook, learning his role in a offense that features a lot of Kamara and Thomas.

Ok we get that you like Bryant and Bryant may mature into an adequate tertiary option later in the season, but he will in no way surpass Thomas. If anything, those rare games when Thomas has a down game due to coverage, wont happen now that Bryant will be on the field soaking up coverage. Thomas will be even better.