SpecialFNK

Jonathan Loaisiga 2018 Outlook

8 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Tanaka is going to be out a month.  Loaisiga will likely be sent back down when Tanaka returns.

Severino

Tanaka

CC

Gray

German

german has been decent as well

Loaisigia hasnt pitched more than like 46 innings in a season

id imagine they have him on a strict innings limit. so i too expect him to get 4 or 5 starts here and then go back down when Tanaka is ready

3 hours ago, Lebanasty said:

If this is truly the case thanks, and I think I'll pass. There's an opportunity cost in filling a roster spot, hard to justify one for a guy who wont see much action.

The innings restriction is something to keep in mind but there isn't any real indication they will significantly limit him to the point where his fantasy value is totally diminished. This guy is a true talent and I'd take a risk dropping a backup meh SP for a young Yankees prospect who has the potential to put up a decent 2018 if they keep him in the rotation. I'd drop any pitchers who don't have a sub 4.00 ERA and play for a team that isn't going to make the playoffs for him. 

2 hours ago, thecomebackkid907 said:

The innings restriction is something to keep in mind but there isn't any real indication they will significantly limit him to the point where his fantasy value is totally diminished. This guy is a true talent and I'd take a risk dropping a backup meh SP for a young Yankees prospect who has the potential to put up a decent 2018 if they keep him in the rotation. I'd drop any pitchers who don't have a sub 4.00 ERA and play for a team that isn't going to make the playoffs for him. 

hes pitched one game. take it easy with the "true talent" posts. you're all over this guy. I'm a yankee fan and i hope you're right because i plucked him off waivers but we need to see more before we declare him the next best thing

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

hes pitched one game. take it easy with the "true talent" posts. you're all over this guy. I'm a yankee fan and i hope you're right because i plucked him off waivers but we need to see more before we declare him the next best thing

As a fellow yankee fan, I'm quite disappointed. He has all the tools to be an immediate impact and he's been touted for a little while now if you follow any of our minor league players. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, S1mcity said:

As a fellow yankee fan, I'm quite disappointed. He has all the tools to be an immediate impact and he's been touted for a little while now if you follow any of our minor league players. 

I agree. I think he has top of the rotation upside and for the Yankees to get him for nothing could be quite the steal. But I also think this year might not be the year for his fantasy breakout given what I outlined earlier. I added in a few leagues with first come/first serve waivers but I think blowing a #1 waiver or a significant portion of your FAAB could prove to be a mistake.

On 6/16/2018 at 5:14 PM, Dirty Little Birdie said:

It's pretty clear this guy has the tools to develop into one of the best pitchers in the league. I never said we should declare him the next best thing, all I said was the guy is talented. Anyone that can throw a changeup like that deserves some hype. 

Edited by thecomebackkid907
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, thecomebackkid907 said:

It's pretty clear this guy has the tools to develop into one of the best pitchers in the league. 

Dude he's like the #20 Yankees prospect. If you say stuff like this here guys will call you out every time. I keep up on pitching prospects and never heard of him before he got the call.

I read that he has some wicked control/command ...isn't thisl a strong indicater of success at the major league level....plus his k/b was good I nmonors so what is the concern on him at MLB

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, rrrrich46 said:

Dude he's like the #20 Yankees prospect. If you say stuff like this here guys will call you out every time. I keep up on pitching prospects and never heard of him before he got the call.

It's not all about prospect rankings. The Yankees are high on him internally... they put him on the 40-man this winter to avoid the possibility of losing him in the Rule 5 draft. No small compliment given his injury history. 

All you have to do is look at the guys he leapfrogged to get this opportunity to know how much the Yankees love him. Most notably Justus Sheffield who's a top 25-30 prospect in MiLB.

Edited by absknicks
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, absknicks said:

It's not all about prospect rankings. The Yankees are high on him internally... they put him on the 40-man this winter to avoid the possibility of losing him in the Rule 5 draft. No small compliment given his injury history. 

All you have to do is look at the guys he leapfrogged to get this opportunity to know how much the Yankees love him. Most notably Justus Sheffield who's a top 25-30 prospect in MiLB.

The kid may have great stuff, and yes if he's on the 40 man then the Yanks like him. My point was more regarding the (IMO) over-effusive praise. I picked him up, interested to see how he fares.

1 minute ago, rrrrich46 said:

The kid may have great stuff, and yes if he's on the 40 man then the Yanks like him. My point was more regarding the (IMO) over-effusive praise. I picked him up, interested to see how he fares.

I hear you. I picked him up in my 15-teamer as well but don't expect him to hold much value in redrafts this season. He's capable of getting on a nice run but between the innings cap (my guess is it'll be between 90-110 innings between all levels) and the fact that he still has so little experience above the High-A level he's probably more of an intriguing dynasty hold than a redraft difference maker at this point. 

19 minutes ago, absknicks said:

I hear you. I picked him up in my 15-teamer as well but don't expect him to hold much value in redrafts this season. He's capable of getting on a nice run but between the innings cap (my guess is it'll be between 90-110 innings between all levels) and the fact that he still has so little experience above the High-A level he's probably more of an intriguing dynasty hold than a redraft difference maker at this point. 

Or there is so little info on him - as long as you don't expect more than 5x5 - he could be very usrful

41 minutes ago, ghostdragon said:

anyone starting him vs the Mariners this week? 

im gonna roll the dice

On 6/17/2018 at 6:21 PM, rrrrich46 said:

Their farm system is loaded, you can't be that surprised. When he jumps guys like Sheffield, it's not by accident. 

Don’t understand never having heard of him if you follow the farm.  He’s been spectacular for a while.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Anyone watching tonight? Is he having control issues? 

Yes. Out of game already.

1 minute ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Anyone watching tonight? Is he having control issues? 

Very much so. Went 2-0 on just about every batter and probably should have given up even more than the 3 runs he did. Many of his pitches weren't even close.

Once this guy stops walking batters...he is going to be solid.

Needs to learn the mental side of the game.  Like controlling his emotions, breathing, and focusing.

• Like 2

The raw stuff looks very promising , however the lack of track record whatsoever of significant innings in the minors is a major red flag . The guy will be treated w kids gloves all year and I think he’s more of an interesting long term guy for dynasty leagues 

Little bit of a risky play going against Boston next week.  He truly has 3 plus pitches but keep in mind he has never thrown more than 5 IP in the minors/MLB.  

ETA @PHI might work out as he's facing wildly inconsistent Vincente Velasquez.

Edited by STLSU
ETA

5 hours ago, STLSU said:

Little bit of a risky play going against Boston next week.  He truly has 3 plus pitches but keep in mind he has never thrown more than 5 IP in the minors/MLB.  

ETA @PHI might work out as he's facing wildly inconsistent Vincente Velasquez.

The Phillies lead the Majors in BB%. They're a very patient team so he he'll need beter control than he did yesterday to make it through 5.

• Like 1