Gohawks

Kawhi Leonard 2018-19 Season Thread

4 hours ago, justincns said:

Am I crazy to think he finishes top 5 this year being in the East and on a contract year?

maybe top 5 per game but i doubt get more than 60 games from him

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 12:33 PM, DezedandConfused said:

Can't wait for the Spurs game on Jan 3rd, he gonna drop 50

or he is gonna be sidelined.

He's definitely worth it guys. Wish i went him instead of Towns. Enjoy it. 

Once he catches his footing it'll be amazing 

• Thanks 1

Kawhi looked great last night. Especially with it being his first real game back in quite some time. The biggest thing that stood out to me was when he took/tried to draw  contact around the rim going in for a layup etc. Typically, he has made those shots and gotten an "And 1", but last night it just wasn't happening. That'll come back in time though I'm sure once he logs a few more games. Otherwise, Leonard looks extremely promising. 

Edited by bank
Spelling error

Got him at 13 in my 14 team draft. Was very happy and completely down to take the risk. Potential top 5 player if healthy. 

• Like 1

A little rust but this is his year to prove he is still the elite two way in the league, that and also a contract so he’s gonna ball out. Got him in 3 12 teams league, a lot of people are skeptical with him so I was able to pair him with Lebron in one league and Dame in two other leagues! The Klaw is gonna ball out!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ejaggit said:

Dude, Towns is the most consistent, reliable player in fantasy. ALWAYS finishes top 3, plays 82 games. Chill

22 hours ago, ejaggit said:

I'm sure you can float a trade offering Towns for Kawhi anytime in your league, and the other GM would consider that a steal for them... Both players are gonna be fine, but KAT has the better injury history and probably overall better value especially if Jimmy gets moved.

19 hours ago, ak427 said:

Got him at 13 in my 14 team draft. Was very happy and completely down to take the risk. Potential top 5 player if healthy. 

And I got him at 14 in my 10 team. It's amazing how much bias owners put into media reports. I think the whole SA drama deflated his stock. But he looked like himself in the preseason, so I was glad to capitalize on that perceived risk, like you said. 

• Like 1

might take him a few weeks to find himself and his role in this new offense. but the coach knows he's a top 5 player in the league so one would think he'd take advantage of that. lowry also kinda seems like a ballhog. correct me if I am wrong. 

Lowry isn't a ballhog. The Raps are just taking what the Celts are giving them which are open threes. They just couldn't convert them right now. Leonard just doesn't have as much opportunity to iso compared to his time with the Spurs in this Raps offense.

3 hours ago, pdids911 said:

might take him a few weeks to find himself and his role in this new offense. but the coach knows he's a top 5 player in the league so one would think he'd take advantage of that. lowry also kinda seems like a ballhog. correct me if I am wrong. 

He's not a ballhog but he's known for years that this team depends on him to make plays down the stretch, and he'll do anything to get the win. This was especially the case when Casey was coach, as he didn't run a lot of sets and used a lot of iso plays. Nurse is a bit more of a tactician.

Kyle is definitely not a pass-first type PG if that's what you're hoping for though – none of our PGs are actually. They're shot creators who use their penetration to find the open man.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SirMixalot said:

He's not a ballhog but he's known for years that this team depends on him to make plays down the stretch, and he'll do anything to get the win. This was especially the case when Casey was coach, as he didn't run a lot of sets and used a lot of iso plays. Nurse is a bit more of a tactician.

Kyle is definitely not a pass-first type PG if that's what you're hoping for though – none of our PGs are actually. They're shot creators who use their penetration to find the open man.

Much like Spurs with Tony and what they want to do with DJM. Kawhi shouldn't have that much of a problem adjusting to PG, it's the small-ball lineups like what they used against Celtics that he would adjust to (this was supposed to be his thing with the Spurs last year, with LMA at 5, Gay at 4, DJM at 1. Length for daaaays).

If you were redrafting today, do you take Kawhi in the KD/KAT tier of guys? Because he's basically reaffirmed that he's healthy and that makes him a top 5 fantasy player. 

6 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

If you were redrafting today, do you take Kawhi in the KD/KAT tier of guys? Because he's basically reaffirmed that he's healthy and that makes him a top 5 fantasy player. 

So just to make sure that I am understanding the question correctly. Are you asking if we would take a top 5 fantasy player within the top 5? 

• Haha 1