Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

6/18 GAME DAY THREAD

I hope all the Pivetta backers get to watch his game tonight. 

Go Trevor Bauer sure to get double digit K's.

7 minutes ago, weakkneeswilly said:

I hope all the Pivetta backers get to watch his game tonight. 

Why? Good or bad?

6 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

Why? Good or bad?

We are going to review Pivetta's next 4-5 games. Right here. I dropped but that's just me. 

Great K/9 

Edited by weakkneeswilly

Go Mikolas.  Go Barria.

#Mondays

When does everyone think ESPN, yahoo, etc. will treat the locking time today? It could be 5:05 or 7:05. I’m inclined to guess 5:05, but honestly not a clue.

Mods, if this topic is the wrong place, I apologize and could you move it to the right place for me? Didn’t know where this question fit best honestly.

3 minutes ago, wh3931110 said:

When does everyone think ESPN, yahoo, etc. will treat the locking time today? It could be 5:05 or 7:05. I’m inclined to guess 5:05, but honestly not a clue.

Mods, if this topic is the wrong place, I apologize and could you move it to the right place for me? Didn’t know where this question fit best honestly.

Probably could go in the Daily Thread, as it’s of interest to most. I’d guess it’ll be 5:05.

9 minutes ago, wh3931110 said:

What is a "locking time?"  No really it was a very weird header so I opened the thread and still have no idea what a "locking time" is.

35 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

What is a "locking time?"  No really it was a very weird header so I opened the thread and still have no idea what a "locking time" is.

Its when your lineup locks for the day or week... since it’s Monday it applies to both. Anyone with insight into how the league services are likely to treat the lock times?

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Probably could go in the Daily Thread, as it’s of interest to most. I’d guess it’ll be 5:05.

I would probably +1 this.  I would assume they are treating the 5:05 just like any other game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wh3931110 said:

Its when your lineup locks for the day or week... since it’s Monday it applies to both. Anyone with insight into how the league services are likely to treat the lock times?

Oh okay.  That is that odd "weekly league" stuff.  I keep forgetting there are still leagues like that.  Thanks.

Daily leagues aka probably 99% of all leagues since all public leagues are also daily which skews stuff heavily daily's way, an individual player "locks" pretty much right at the official starting game time.  At least on Yahoo where I have switched players in and out a minute before the official start time more that one, heh.

Thus the need to check your app up until game time in case there are any last minute -- and I mean last minute -- line-up changes.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

3 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Oh okay.  That is that odd "weekly league" stuff.  I keep forgetting there are still leagues like that.  Thanks.

Daily leagues aka probably 99% of all leagues since all public leagues are also daily which skews stuff heavily daily's way, an individual player "locks appox 5 minutes at most before his game starts for that day/night.  Sometimes it seems he just "locks" at the official game time start period.  At least on Yahoo. 

Thus the need to check your app up until game time in case there are any last minute -- and I mean last minute -- line-up changes.

Well even for daily, it is more than just locking players for an individual game.  Once the first game starts, I can no longer add players off the WW for that day.  

13 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

Well even for daily, it is more than just locking players for an individual game.  Once the first game starts, I can no longer add players off the WW for that day.  

Again on Yahoo:

Depends on the format selected.  I can add players just fine if it is dropping one whose game hasn't stated yet (west coast say) or one on the bench. 

Regards the bench swaps:  Once a player is locked on the bench for the day Yahoo is happy to sub him out for another person on the bench as long as the new player also was already locked in and therefore can't be moved up to the active roster.  That's logical because it would basically be a cheating loophole otherwise.

But you can move a player picked up and still not locked via the bench to the active roster if he replaces a player on the bench not locked of course.

If you think you may want to replace a player with someone else  (pitcher streaming say for the next day) you can move that possible drop player to the bench and wait until both are locked then change them up.

That's for replace the same day private leagues. 

But most leagues are "replace the next day" which is the more common flavor since it is Yahoo's default actually and is in all public leagues as well.  The replace the same day a commish in a private league would have had to select before the season started.  But in this default "next day mode" mode you can drop and pick up anyone locked or unlocked period because the roster itself doesn't reflect the change until the next day.

I play in both.  The same day one helps some but also is a pain in that once you want to replace a player for the next day and you have no active player to drop you are stuck waiting until 3 am eastern (midnight pacific) to swap those players.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

For daily/weekly h2h leagues, which week will the stats from the suspended game go on? The week from which the game got suspended or this week? (I know I've been playing fantasy for 15 years now but I can never remember how this is treated)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pbjfb said:

For daily/weekly h2h leagues, which week will the stats from the suspended game go on? The week from which the game got suspended or this week? (I know I've been playing fantasy for 15 years now but I can never remember how this is treated)

espn will put the stats onto the current week not the week where the game was suspended

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, nygiantsfan913 said:

espn will put the stats onto the current week not the week where the game was suspended

Did they say this somewhere? I agree that I think this is the case but when I look at my app it only shows the 7:05 start time for today for the nationals and Yankees players 

3 hours ago, wh3931110 said:

Did they say this somewhere? I agree that I think this is the case but when I look at my app it only shows the 7:05 start time for today for the nationals and Yankees players 

i went onto chat when the game was suspended and thats the answer they gave me

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, nygiantsfan913 said:

I believe CBS and Yahoo just disregard the stats for the 2nd half of the suspended game.  1st half stats counted back in the 5/15 matchup period.    see rules here in section5.

Oddly enough they're showing on my scoreboard already but I think they'll erase them at some point this week.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, ragrag said:

I believe CBS and Yahoo just disregard the stats for the 2nd half of the suspended game.  1st half stats counted back in the 5/15 matchup period.    see rules here in section5.

Oddly enough they're showing on my scoreboard already but I think they'll erase them at some point this week.

yea it's odd the suspended game score is now showing in yahoo leagues.

Soto just ANNIHILATED a ball

this kid is a star

• Like 1