J.T. Marlin

Dak Prescott 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

5 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Good luck with Dak - the mediocre at best reality QB who actually had 25% of his weeks in single digit fantasy points last year (including 1 negative week) - and now playing without 2 of his top 3 options. 

Hurns, Gallup, Beasley, Tavon, no TE, run first offense - yeah, lots of upside with that group.

Dak was the #4 fantasy QB until he lost Zeke in week 10.  Same run first offense with a similar rag tag bunch of bums at WR.  

Yeah if Dak had average production so far and people were expecting a leap forward, I might be a bit skeptical.  But Dak was a top 10 QB his rookie year, (#6 actually), and as @Experienced Rookie pointed out, he was the #4 QB until Zeke was suspended.  Even with Dak's "poor" year last year, he still finished as the #10 overall QB.  Another year in the league, should give him some more experience.  We're not talking about Marcus Mariota or Derek Carr - QBs who stunk last year that have high hopes in 2018.  We're talking about a guy who has finished top 10 at his position 2 straight years, has another year of development, and is currently being drafted as QB #17.  

6 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

I don’t see the fantasy potential for a guy who just lost Dez, Witten, isn’t that good in real life, and plays in a run first offense with a rag tag group of receivers

Dez and Witten combined for like 1300 yards last season and Dak was still a good fantasy QB.  I don't see the problem here.  He's the 22nd QB off the board.

55 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Dez and Witten combined for like 1300 yards last season and Dak was still a good fantasy QB.  I don't see the problem here.  He's the 22nd QB off the board.

1. I’m not anti-Prescott (for fantasy, he does suck in reality) 

2. I owned him in a 2QB league 

3. If you’re not in a 2QB league, I really don’t see the upside. 

22nd off the board - that’s fine. I just feel like there’s more “upside” elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

1. I’m not anti-Prescott (for fantasy, he does suck in reality) 

2. I owned him in a 2QB league 

3. If you’re not in a 2QB league, I really don’t see the upside. 

22nd off the board - that’s fine. I just feel like there’s more “upside” elsewhere. 

He's finished as a QB1 each of the past 2 years. Being severely undervalued right now.

Well i waited and passed on Luck.  Then a slew of QBs went.  Dak was the only QB left.  Please don’t suck...

10 minutes ago, KCJONES said:

Well i waited and passed on Luck.  Then a slew of QBs went.  Dak was the only QB left.  Please don’t suck...

Cool story bro B)

Dak is way underrated this year.  He had a real good 2016 season and if you look at his splits he had 20 TDs (yes 20!) the first 8 games of 2017 and 8 TDs his last 8 games (Zeke suspended and Tyron Smith injured).  I'm pretty sure the second half of last season is the outlier here for the obvious reasons of Zeke and Smith being injured.  Considering where he is being drafted, he is way undervalued.

Edited by simanium

15 minutes ago, simanium said:

Dak is way underrated this year.  He had a real good 2016 season and if you look at his splits he had 20 TDs (yes 20!) the first 8 games of 2017 and 8 TDs his last 8 games (Zeke suspended and Tyron Smith injured).  I'm pretty sure the second half of last season is the outlier here for the obvious reasons of Zeke and Smith being injured.  Considering where he is being drafted, he is way undervalued.

Biggest problem w/Dak is the crap team around him. If he's not "good enough to magically elevate his teammates" - which would be an MVP standard - the only other player worth a damn on the offense is Zeke. There's nothing special going on here as far as coaching, needless to say. This team sucks.

Outlook is bleak imo.

20 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Biggest problem w/Dak is the crap team around him. If he's not "good enough to magically elevate his teammates" - which would be an MVP standard - the only other player worth a damn on the offense is Zeke. There's nothing special going on here as far as coaching, needless to say. This team sucks.

Outlook is bleak imo.

His success is tied to having an elite o-line and elite RB. If teams have to pay attention to Zeke and can't get pressure, he'll do fine. 

Healthy offensive line, Zeke and the ability to be able to spread the ball around are the things that make Dak successful. He has all those things right now going to the season minus Travis Frederick. Joe Looney is a serviceable replacement for the mean time. 

Dak had a 16/4 touchdown to INT ratio before Zeke got suspended and the offensive line fell apart. The amount of times he was sacked doubled the final 8 weeks compared to the first 9 weeks. If health and the dark cloud of Zeke being suspended never happened he would've finished the season statistically pretty well. 

So far in preseason he's thrown a TD in both games he's played in. He's been spreading the ball around. Zeke looks better than ever this offseason. The defense was top 10 last season and are projected to be even better this season. You can't draft or add Dak to your team and expect him to consistently throw 350 yards a game because its not gonna happen. You add him to your team because he averages a solid floor week in and week out, rarely turns the ball over(when his team is healthy around him) and on average scores 6 rushing TDs a season. Everything else is a bonus.

Contract year. I expect things to be better.

Edited by DezBryant88

HAHA he didn't even get drafted in my 12 team 16 round league. As a Redskins fan it made me happy that my opponents all agree he stinks. Who's he going to throw to? Dallas is going to be a train wreck, I'm not sure he should be ranked in the top 25. There's just no upside with him. Are his fans expecting Terrence Williams to finally break out? HAHA

16 hours ago, zorndogs said:

HAHA he didn't even get drafted in my 12 team 16 round league. As a Redskins fan it made me happy that my opponents all agree he stinks. Who's he going to throw to? Dallas is going to be a train wreck, I'm not sure he should be ranked in the top 25. There's just no upside with him. Are his fans expecting Terrence Williams to finally break out? HAHA

RemindMe! 6 months ?

16 hours ago, zorndogs said:

yea, if only Dak had the awesome Redskins WR group, then he would be....oh wait. They suck too.  Move along and enjoy your 6-10 season.

18 hours ago, DezBryant88 said:

So far in preseason he's thrown a TD in both games he's played in.

wow-gif-3.gif

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BlakeP42 said:

yea, if only Dak had the awesome Redskins WR group, then he would be....oh wait. They suck too.  Move along and enjoy your 6-10 season.

I am honestly worried about the Redskins pass catchers, but even with their weak WR corps, they have at least five pass catchers that are better than anybody on the Dallas roster (If you include Reed and Thompson). Terrance Williams would be the number four WR on the Redskins. I know Dak isn't terrible in real life football as much as I hate him, but he's going to have a rough time providing any fantasy stats this year.

• Like 1

With the addition of Amari Cooper, Dak Prescott >>> guys like Matt Stafford and Deshaun Watson

Why are people sleeping on Dak moving forward?

Let's compare Deshaun Watson 

Watson = currently QB13, with injuries

ROS = 29th easiest schedule https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/players/deshaun-watson.php

-------------------------------------

Dak = currently QB16, never played with Cooper, now has Cooper ROS

ROS = 2nd easiest schedule https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/players/dak-prescott.php

Dak >>> Watson ROS, quite easily. Given Dak is 100%, has a legit WR now, and a MUCH easier schedule remaining.

I'd take Dak over Matt Stafford ROS as well. 

Amari Cooper will boost Dak's fantasy value more than people think.

15 minutes ago, DezBryant88 said:

He's going to have some nice games moving forward especially when you consider his schedule.

His schedule is cake after the bye. That and him using his legs more the past couple of games has me cautiously optimistic. 

Edited by yahyahtrick

I see some good match-ups in the schedule & the addition of Cooper can only help. I picked him up on FA as Stafford's schedule looks dreary. 

anyone feel "confident" rolling him out there this week?