J.T. Marlin

Dak Prescott 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

2 hours ago, floppy said:

anyone feel "confident" rolling him out there this week?

Im debating between Dak and Carr. This week for byes sucks for me. I love me some national games to watch my guys esp when it could win me a week. Thursday nights are brutal. I think if i can get him on waivers I will but as a third option after skilled players. Dallas D should be able to stop mariota enough to give dak plenty of chances. 240 yards 2 td 1 int. Not great, but what options do we have.

Dak is averaging 22.6 points at home compared to 12.8 on the road. 18.4 points is his worst home game of the three.

Good streamer this this week for sure under the lights based on the trend. New Roethlisberger. 

Edited by Zekepeak86

Dak last two weeks have been very good

home Jax- 30

away- skins 20 (this includes -4 for two fumbles) 

he he might be coming on with a good deep threat in Cooper

Wrong post, anyone streaming this guy tho?

Edited by Zekepeak86

17 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Wrong post, anyone streaming this guy tho?

I am ..bye week and got beat to the punch for Fitz though fwiw

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CletisVanDamme said:

I am ..bye week and got beat to the punch for Fitz though fwiw

Spectacular! Lets do this!

• Like 1

He may be the most overrated QB in the league. 

I know most people don't think he is great. However, he seems to be regarded as a decent and serviceable QB by a lot of people. The dude is bottom 10 QB....at best.

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

The dude is 10 QB....at best.

Was feeling your post then this, not sure what you mean.  Dak is totally trash btw not looking forward to watching him throw as a Cooper owner. 

2 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Was feeling your post then this, not sure what you mean.  Dak is totally trash btw not looking forward to watching him throw as a Cooper owner. 

I meant to say bottom 10 at best. He very well may be bottom 5. 

47 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Jerry making a stand

I understand there can be a learning curve in the NFL but the dude has 40 starts under his belt. This season, he has as much games under 200 yards as over, bottom 10 QBR, bottom 10 passer rating, bottom 10 TDs, and bottom 10 Y/A.

Dallas is in the worst possible situation you can be. It is exactly what killed the Jaguars. You are stuck with a bad QB that you believe isn't bad and has potential so you never worry about improving the most important position in the game. At least teams that know they have bad QBs seek out improvement.

Dak Prescott sucks and the cowboys made a mistake letting romo retire early. Romo is one of the special qbs that franchise sometimes just never find. If they sign dak long term this franchise is toast for another 10 years

Dak just is not very smart.  His post game interview did not seem like this dude has learned anything in now his 4th year.

Defenses confuse him and he is unable to sustain on offense on his arm alone.  Amari could help him however and he seemingly has a giant leash.  Need new O coordinator then fully declare bust.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Dak just is not very smart.  His post game interview did not seem like this dude has learned anything in now his 4th year.

Defenses confuse him and he is unable to sustain on offense on his arm alone.  Amari could help him however and he seemingly has a giant leash.  Need new O coordinator then fully declare bust.

I expect Garrett to be fired today or at least the OC fired. 

Edited by TennisMenace

1 minute ago, TennisMenace said:

Imexpect Garrett to be fired today or at least the OC fired. 

Bad QBs have gotten a lot of head coaches fired over the years.  It's no coincidence that almost every legendary NFL coach had a legendary QB attached to him.

Dak is a career killer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dak going to be further embarrassed when Drew Brees uses his former #1 WR in his building better than he ever has. 

45 minutes ago, SonataArctica said:

Dak Prescott sucks and the cowboys made a mistake letting romo retire early. Romo is one of the special qbs that franchise sometimes just never find. If they sign dak long term this franchise is toast for another 10 years

It will set the franchise back 3-4 seasons. After that they would be able to get out of a contract. I fully expect the Cowboys to go forward with Dak like the Jaguars did with Bortles.

49 minutes ago, devaster said:

It will set the franchise back 3-4 seasons. After that they would be able to get out of a contract. I fully expect the Cowboys to go forward with Dak like the Jaguars did with Bortles.

itsatrap.jpg

2 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

Bad QBs have gotten a lot of head coaches fired over the years.  It's no coincidence that almost every legendary NFL coach had a legendary QB attached to him.

Dak is a career killer.

Actually and unfortunately, Dak is the very reason JG is still around.  Dak is a career killer?  I surely hope you aren't saying Dak has killed JG's career?  If so, that is laughable. No one is better at getting in their own way better then Jason Garrett. Cowboy fans can thank an 11 game winning streak and a 13-3 record in 2016 for the continued crap fest that is the JG era.    Heck while we are at it, lets thank Tony Romo and his shoulders/ back as a key contributor as well. : )  Not sure Dak ever gets his shot if good Ol' Tony isn't trying to run for first downs in PRESEASON!  Garrett's butt should have been fired after the multiple 8-8 seasons,  and yet one 12 win season and another 13 win season two years later saved him.  Dak is flat out terrible, but please lets not pretend Dak is a career or coach killer, esp if its pointed JG's direction.   JG is a very poor coach from the top, down. Anyone paying a shred of attention should see that, going even back to the Romo days.  The entire Cowboys organization has underachieved for 20+ years, JG i'd say is near the top of the list as a key contributor.  We all know Jerry sits at the very top of the true failures in Dallas.   I have little hope Dak can  pull this back together as a productive NFL QB, but i'd like to see JG/Linehan out the door first.  It has to start there.  Dak is on the books in 2019 for his last cheap year.  My belief is Jerry is only backing him as of today bc he simply knows Dak will be here next year, hopefully under a new staff to see if any sort of improvement can be made.  If Dak is as bad next year as he is the past two, i don't think he gets his extension.  Just my gut feeling. 

3 minutes ago, FF4life said:

Anybody starting Dak @ Philly this week?

This guy was touted so highly last year once Zeke was finally suspended and he flopped so hard.  Id be surprised if anyone even in 2QB leagues start him, he has been on the bench for majority of the season for the owner in my league.  He had sneaky turn around upside too with his legs, these coaches need to go, he can't be THIS bad. 

1 hour ago, Zak0221 said:

This guy was touted so highly last year once Zeke was finally suspended and he flopped so hard.  Id be surprised if anyone even in 2QB leagues start him, he has been on the bench for majority of the season for the owner in my league.  He had sneaky turn around upside too with his legs, these coaches need to go, he can't be THIS bad. 

Dak's ROS is amazing

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/schedule/dak-prescott.php

Dak has the 2nd easiest ROS

He should feast with Cooper, his legs, and that cupcake schedule