J.T. Marlin

Dak Prescott 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

On 11/28/2018 at 9:28 AM, TennisMenace said:

You make a lot of good points mate. 

I picked him but not to play him this week v. Saints.  No, Saints defense has picked it up bigtime last three weeks v Cincinnati, Eagles, and Falcons. But, I am watching closely to see how well he does to determine if he can play weeks 14-16. If he does well against this improving defense, I will feel much more confident to insert him against Eagles, Colts, and Bucs. 

Also worried about the saints D just shutting everything down. And I'm not sure cowboys have the ability to keep up in a shootout. 

On 11/28/2018 at 9:28 AM, TennisMenace said:

You make a lot of good points mate. 

I picked him but not to play him this week v. Saints.  No, Saints defense has picked it up bigtime last three weeks v Cincinnati, Eagles, and Falcons. But, I am watching closely to see how well he does to determine if he can play weeks 14-16. If he does well against this improving defense, I will feel much more confident to insert him against Eagles, Colts, and Bucs. 

fwiw...Cinn was without AJ, Philly is a mess, and Ryan put up 377 yds even though he was off mark all game long.

28 minutes ago, psygolf said:

fwiw...Cinn was without AJ, Philly is a mess, and Ryan put up 377 yds even though he was off mark all game long.

Philly is a mess?  On defense, but they still have the horses plus Tate on offense.  Jeffrey, Ertz, Agholor, Adams, Wentz, a good OL. 

No.....give the Saints D their due, domination.....

and Ryan got a lot of those yards in garbage time....

5 minutes ago, Mikeyvegas said:

If he just hit that 55 yard TD. 

It would've been nice if the Saints offense had shown up also.

Days second half was very disappointing. Fumble, horrible throw on a guy wide open. I don’t know now if I can trust him week 16 against TBay. That has been my plan....but now I don’t know. 

41 minutes ago, Mikeyvegas said:

If he just hit that 55 yard TD. 

Agree, no reason to miss that. I did not play Dak because I feared the Saints defense and sure enough, for the most part, they were solid. So I was watching to see if Dak could be trusted. Mixed reviews....

1st half....yes

2nd half....no

• Like 1

Any thoughts on Dak this week?  I thought with Amari Cooper, Dak was on the rise with his Week 12 performance of 27.4 pts, but he came crashing back to earth in Week 13 against the Saints. I'm debating whether to start Baker Mayfield over him. Dak had a nice performance against the Eagles in Week 10, but the Eagles have been tough against QB's the past two weeks. 

17 minutes ago, MurderInc said:

Any thoughts on Dak this week?  I thought with Amari Cooper, Dak was on the rise with his Week 12 performance of 27.4 pts, but he came crashing back to earth in Week 13 against the Saints. I'm debating whether to start Baker Mayfield over him. Dak had a nice performance against the Eagles in Week 10, but the Eagles have been tough against QB's the past two weeks. 

i know PHI is bad in the secondary but i don't like the divisional matchup against these bitter rivals, not seeing much offense for the game,  this game is essentially going to decide the division,  i'd imagine a grinding old school type game

22 minutes ago, Panthor said:

i know PHI is bad in the secondary but i don't like the divisional matchup against these bitter rivals, not seeing much offense for the game,  this game is essentially going to decide the division,  i'd imagine a grinding old school type game

That's exactly what I'm afraid of....a hard fought, run heavy, low scoring game. 

Just dropped Famous Jameis for him. Didn't want any part of Winston @ Baltimore in week 15.

Dak seems like a safe floor low ceiling guy though.... kinda uninspiring.

17 hours ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Anyone running this guy week 15 and 16?

Considering him over Goff week 15

2 hours ago, Jubanton said:

Dak seems like a safe floor low ceiling guy though.... kinda uninspiring.

He threw 455 yards and 3 touchdowns yesterday. What's your definition of a low ceiling? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DemonFF said:

I am considering running him over Rodgers @ Chi and Trubisky. We'll see if I have the cajones...

Im going to start dak or josh allen

no way im starting a QB against the Bears

As long as Cooper is playing, Dak is a low end QB1, even if he looks shaky at times. OT Tyron Smith also just returned from injury and doesn't look 100%, as he is also dealing with an elbow injury. Another week of healing gives more protection for Dak to make plays. I think he is a decent play against the Colts.

At this point in the season, my league mates were all preparing for a long playoff push, picking up cuffs and defenses, and dropped some reasonable QBs on the wire. I'm rolling with Dak over the likes of Lamar, Winston, Mayfield, Wentz and Trubisky. His Week 16 TB matchup might be a championship winner.

Edited by WaiverLooter

3 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

At this point in the season, my league mates were all preparing for a long playoff push, picking up cuffs and defenses, and dropped some reasonable QBs on the wire. I'm rolling with Dak over the likes of Lamar, Winston, Mayfield, Wentz and Trubisky. His Week 16 TB matchup might be a championship winner.

I'd tell you you should pick up Wentz for your playoff push, but his schedule is far from rosy, and as long as Coop has a star on his helmet, i agree he's a low end QB1.

10 minutes ago, cbe_88 said:

I'd tell you you should pick up Wentz for your playoff push, but his schedule is far from rosy, and as long as Coop has a star on his helmet, i agree he's a low end QB1.

Yeah I went back and forth on this one quite a bit and I can still put in a bid for Wentz but I think for both this game and next, I'm sticking with Dak. It's obviously very encouraging to see Cooper erupt but also the fact that Zeke is getting involved in the pass game. Those are basically free yards with a chance at a low risk TD. Ever since Wentz's meltdown at NO, I'm terrified of him losing my week for me (like he did that week), especially lining up against Aaron Donald.

Edited by WaiverLooter

Just now, WaiverLooter said:

Yeah I went back and forth on this one quite a bit and I can still put in a bid for Wentz but I think for both this game and next, I'm sticking with Dak. It's obviously very encouraging to see Cooper erupt but also the fact that Zeke is getting involved in the pass game. Those are basically free yards with a chance at a low risk TD. Ever since Wentz's meltdown at NO, I'm terrified of him losing my week for me (like he did that week), especially lining up against Aaron Donald.

I can't believe i never saw the screen to zeke last week, that's been a really solid playcall for us. And Dak gets those points. Tack on Rush TD upside and i'd agree. Did you see his rush TD against Washington on thanksgiving? Was a thing of beauty.

1 minute ago, cbe_88 said:

I can't believe i never saw the screen to zeke last week, that's been a really solid playcall for us. And Dak gets those points. Tack on Rush TD upside and i'd agree. Did you see his rush TD against Washington on thanksgiving? Was a thing of beauty.

Yes I watched that whole game but I did not take him seriously just due to playing a Redskins offense that could get nothing going so I never thought much of it, despite him having a great game. At the time, I also wrongly thought Amari's performance was a flash in the pan, due to his past inconsistent performance on the Raiders. But these 35 and 45 pt games cannot be ignored any longer. I'm all aboard. The Cowboys look like a completely different team. At this point, I just need a QB that can get 20 pts but won't get less than 10 pts and Dak seems to fit that description the best given his schedule and situation vs the other qbs on the wire for me right now.

2 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Yes I watched that whole game but I did not take him seriously just due to playing a Redskins offense that could get nothing going so I never thought much of it, despite him having a great game. At the time, I also wrongly thought Amari's performance was a flash in the pan, due to his past inconsistent performance on the Raiders. But these 35 and 45 pt games cannot be ignored any longer. I'm all aboard. The Cowboys look like a completely different team. At this point, I just need a QB that can get 20 pts but won't get less than 10 pts and Dak seems to fit that description the best given his schedule and situation vs the other qbs on the wire for me right now.

that monday night after the titans game when we dropped to 3-5 I thought we were toast. To rip off five straight was shocking to see from this team, tbh. This type of momentum is the kind you want to hop on for fantasy purposes, tack on no scary matchups coming, Zeke, Dak and Amari owners basically need to just keep them in as starters. I'm not sure what it is about Amari in dallas but i agree, somehow he has turned into a very consistent player, and it's been a joy to watch. His elite route running goes perfectly with Dak who is a QB that needs his WR's to get seperation as he'll never have elite accuracy. And he just seems like a much more confident thrower when his receivers get that separation. That's why the 50/50 balls never worked with he and Dez. But have to give ole Jerrah and staff credit - a first rounder felt like an overpay, but not looking that way at all. With this defense playing pretty lock down im excited to see what we can manage in the postseason.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

Would you play Dak over Wilson this week?