J.T. Marlin

Dak Prescott 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Teeze334 said:

 

Would you play Dak over Wilson this week?

I would.

 

I have him ready to go as a hedge against my opponent's Cooper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how I feel about Dak this week. His stats on the road leave a lot to be desired and Indy hasn't been that friendly to opposing fantasy QBs. Looking at his stats, he usually needs a rushing TD to have a good week, he may be due for one of them though..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Not sure how I feel about Dak this week. His stats on the road leave a lot to be desired and Indy hasn't been that friendly to opposing fantasy QBs. Looking at his stats, he usually needs a rushing TD to have a good week, he may be due for one of them though..

 

Daks biggest problem is his accuracy. He is not the most gifted qb and Dallas tries to help him be successful with passer friendly routes. 

 

Yes, his away stats are not as good and yes, his rushing yards and tds usually push him over 20 so if you are looking for over 20, you better get that rushing td. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Teeze334 said:

 

Would you play Dak over Wilson this week?

 

 

This is a tough call and I could see it go both ways. On paper, Dak looks like he has a better offensive supporting cast but Wilson is a much better quarterback. However, Wilson's passing volume limits his ceiling somewhat. I could see an argument for both.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an interesting match-up. Do not like that it's on the road and both teams have good defensive units. Could be a low scoring affair that highly favors Zeke and the running game. I could definitely see a game for Dak like the NO game (i.e. ~250 yards and 1 passing TD). I have him as a back-up to Newton and will probably just roll Cam despite the injury simply because he is at home.

Edited by LongBalls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, psygolf said:

I would.

 

I have him ready to go as a hedge against my opponent's Cooper.

 

This is my exact situation. I have Russell Wilson and Tyreek Hill. My opponent has Patrick Mahomes and Amari Cooper.  My head is telling me Dak to hedge but my heart is saying Wilson...I'm just concerned about the pass attempts with Wilson. I feel like Dak has the bigger upside but the lower floor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WaiverLooter said:

 

 

This is a tough call and I could see it go both ways. On paper, Dak looks like he has a better offensive supporting cast but Wilson is a much better quarterback. However, Wilson's passing volume limits his ceiling somewhat. I could see an argument for both.

 

 

Really tough...I feel like the right decision will get me to the championship...and the wrong one will end me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Teeze334 said:

 

This is my exact situation. I have Russell Wilson and Tyreek Hill. My opponent has Patrick Mahomes and Amari Cooper.  My head is telling me Dak to hedge but my heart is saying Wilson...I'm just concerned about the pass attempts with Wilson. I feel like Dak has the bigger upside but the lower floor. 

I do not really see a lower floor compared to RW...plus, he's due for a rushing td again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would watch Zeke's status he missed practice today if he stays limited, this offense goes to crap without Zeke.  Dak can not win by throwing, this would be a low scoring game with some field goals.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blanked today. Good streamer though next week against the sad Bucs D? He looks better at home compared to the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Blanked today. Good streamer though next week against the sad Bucs D? He looks better at home compared to the road.

 

There are definitely better options, but he's probably a top 15 option for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big bounce back game coming up at home against TB. Also looks like they will be playing to clinch the division. I'd fire up all Cowboys in championship week (Dak, Cooper, and Elliott). 

Edited by LongBalls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Complete failure this week not sure how many people who own dak will be in a meaningful game next week but he does have a great matchup.  Luckily I faced Goff who sucked too and will choose between dak and allen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sack Exchange said:

that's ok, dak embarrassed carr all last season by making amari cooper into a real WR

And now Amari is embarrassing Jerry with his contract demands!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.