portlandball

Dynasty Startup and Possible Trade

12 Team 0.5 PPR otherwise standard 4pt passing td scoring (1qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flx + 14 bench and 2 ir spots)

I give: A Cooper, S Michel

I get: A Brown

Question: Does this leave me too thin at RB to compete? Giving up some core youth.

Team:

QB: Watson-Hou, Prescott-Dal, Allen-Buf

RB: Michel-NE, Coleman-Atl, Clement-Phi, Bernard-Cin, Ballage-Mia, D. Murray-FA, Perine-Was, Conner-Pit, Abdullah-Det

WR: OBJ-NYG, Adams-GB, Cooper-Oak, Cooks-LAR, Sutton-Den, Moncrief-Jax, Cole-Jax

TE: Henry-LAC (IR), Howard-TB, Hooper-Atl

Yeah, your RBs are already anemic AF for a 12 team league, while your WRs are more than capable.

You should be trading Cooper and Cooks for a functional RB.

You're giving up what little RB depth you have. I don't like this trade at all. Unless you feel like you're going to get lucky in the draft or something...

Ya I like the idea of pairing Brown and OBJ, especially if I hang onto Adams. My advantage at WR would be huge. But I can't see a way of having even enough to just stay afloat in the RB category if I pulled the trigger. If I threw a 1st round pick in and could get Guice in return would you go for it? Otherwise maybe I can swing a draft pick a lower tier player for a RB2.

I don't really know how to value picks as of now. I'm not sure I'm as high on them as existing talent.

Edited by portlandball

Make that deal for sure. Brown is way better than Cooper, and Michel is a rookie with lots of ?'s 

I mean your backs are already very bad so trading your best one hurts but you are trading for the top fantasy WR so who cares. A Bill Bellicheck RB and a constantly overhyped average WR for AB. Take brown and run, if you decide you can't find passable RBs seap one of the WRs for a top one and you should be fine. 

A. Cooper is a trashbag

B. Michel may not be much of a factor, at least not consistently

C. OBJ + Brown = instant championship