Sign in to follow this  
Heroebal

Would you do this Trade? Scherzer for Altuve, Cole, Carrasco, Suerez

I get Altuve, Cole, Carrasco, Suereze, He'd get Scherzer

My team is currently 8-3 and 7 game winstreak. The team trying to trade with me is 9-2.

Keeper league (5 hitters, 2 pitchers)

I would have to drop 3 ppl from the following to make room: I would probably lose DeJong also I wouldn't have room and not likely to put him in over Altuve or Bregman.
25 man Roster :
C: Buster Posey (C, 1B)
1B: Jose Abreu
2B: Whit Merrifield (1B, 2B, OF), Jed Lowrie
3B: Alex Bragman (3B, SS), Anthony Rendon, Brian Anderson (3B, OF)
SS: Elvis Andrus
OF: Mitch Haniger
OF: Lorenzon Cain
OF: Brett Gardner
U: Teoscar Hernandez (OF)
DL: Paul DeJong (2B, SS)

(We do 8 starts per week)
SP: Max Scherzer, Zack Greinke, Lance McCullers, Jose Quintana, Julio Teheran, Jake Junis, Vince Valesquez, Chase Anderson, Alex Wood, Luis Castillo, Jose Musgrove
RP: Edwin Diaz, Brad Hand
DL: Ervin Santana

Edited by Heroebal

That's a lot of players thrown at you for Max. To get a top bat in Altuve, plus more than serviceable SPs like Cole/Carrasco, also Suarez (CIN?) he's having a great seasons and surpassing last years pace. I'm not sure anyone is going to top that package to be honest. Looks like a big 2B upgrade, nice upgrade at UT with Suarez over Teo, and 2 good SP's back, I'd do it. 

OMG, I would take that in a heartbeat.  Drop Brian Anderson, Jed Lowrie, and Luis Castillo and enjoy.  Cole is having a monster season as well, and you are getting Altuve.  Carasco and Suarez are just icing on the cake

• Like 1

I would veto that, since Max and Altuve close to a push.

Cole is in CY race

• Like 1

See if you can just move Max for Altuve. That will certainly get accepted. Then hang onto Suarez he's a very solid & underrated 3B And move those two other players for something off the other owner. 

The guy already withdrew the trade while I was out for a couple hours. I shouldn't have waited so long especially after looking at Suerez plug in his avg pts into his 2 hurt wks earlier in the year and he's right up there with Bragman. Our league is very pitchers heavy though Max is at ~600pts for example not including whatever he gets for this scoring period. Cole is at 557 including this weeks pts. 

5 hours ago, TheTruth024 said:

OMG, I would take that in a heartbeat.  Drop Brian Anderson, Jed Lowrie, and Luis Castillo and enjoy.  Cole is having a monster season as well, and you are getting Altuve.  Carasco and Suarez are just icing on the cake

Do it ASAP.

that deal was an absolute joke and should have been vetoed if it had actually gone thru...i guess in newb leauges like this one, these type of deals actually happen

I Offered the trade back to him and he accepted: I get Cole, Carrasco, Altuve, Suerez and he gets Max Scherzer

My Roster now looks like the following: 
25 man Roster :
C: Buster Posey (C, 1B)
1B: Jose Abreu
2B: Jose Altuve, Whit Merrifield (1B, 2B, OF), Jed Lowrie (2B, 3B)
3B: Alex Bragman (3B, SS), Anthony Rendon, Brian Anderson (3B, OF), Eugenio Suerez 
SS: Elvis Andrus
OF: Mitch Haniger
OF: Lorenzo Cain
OF: Brett Gardner 
U: Teoscar Hernandez (OF)

(We do 8 starts per week)
SP: Gerrit Cole, Carlos Carrasco, Zack Greinke, Lance McCullers, Jose Quintana, Julio Teheran, Jake Junis, Vince Valesquez, Chase Anderson, Alex Wood, Luis Castillo, Jose Musgrove
RP: Edwin Diaz, Brad Hand
DL: Ervin Santana

My Roster is currently 28 now and I have to move 3 players either trade or drop (I have until next scoring period starts). I'm attempting to use Lowrie, Castillo plus others to target an OF. Not sure who else I should use to package with him

Edited by Heroebal

It takes a lot for me to veto a trade, but I would veto this one in a heartbeat.

Altuve alone is worth more than Scherzer in a keeper. He's 28 and a top 5 player. Scherzer is 34, and although he might be the best pitcher right now, he's not getting any younger. If these guys were traded one-for-one I probably wouldn't veto just because one's a pitcher and the others a batter, and guys have different value, but that's unfortunately not the case here. Cole is added to the deal, who is currently the 4th/5th best pitcher in the league. He is also a fairly young at 28. Given the age factor, in a keeper league Cole is near Scherzer's value. So to do Altuve + Cole for Scherzer would be a horrible deal. I would definitely consider vetoing this deal, but would have to look into it deeper to see if I can figure out why they were doing. Then you add Suarez, who's season average is in the top 10, and Carrasco, who was ranked a top 10 pitcher at the start of the season. This deal makes absolutely no sense what-so-over for the guy getting Scherzer. Either the guy doesn't know what he's doing or he's trying to sabotage the team going forward.

Edited by Idoolittle
  • Like 1

The guy just loves to trade, he makes a ton of trades, and he's  in 1st atm with 10-2 with highest scoring pts so far. 

That is veto worthy for sure but run with it if you can. Max for Altuve alone is fair but to get Carrassco and Cole back too??? that is two top pitcher + the best 2B for only an elite arm.

I have to cut my team under 25 players. When Carrasco comes off DL it will put me at 27 players. I have to make it down to 25 by next scoring period will probably Cut Gardner and a pitcher if I can't trade one of my 3B/extra position players off. 

Would the following sound like a good idea or acceptable trade ( I haven't done fantasy baseball in about 10+ years)

I send Anthony Rendon, Whit Merrifield, Jake Junis, Julio Teheren or Luis Castillo. <-- this would drop me down to 23 players (including Carrasco)

I try to get Nomar Mazzara + either Eduardo Rodriguez or Michael Fulmer. ( I then pick up Clayton Richard and Jake Bauers from FA) 

I have no idea if that's a fair trade or not though. I figure for that guy he has Castellanos he can put Rendon at 3B and put Castellanos in OF, then Merrifield for lots of positions. If you feel I'm giving too much he has Choo also, but he's his best hitter atm. If I'm ripping him off he has other pitching but almost all of my pitchers are outscoring his so far.