Trench Mob

DeAndre Ayton 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Goodness, he needs to slowdown a little in the preseason. I’m going to have to spend a 3rd on him at this rate come draft time...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TheFire said:

Goodness, he needs to slowdown a little in the preseason. I’m going to have to spend a 3rd on him at this rate come draft time...

Dude’s incapable of having a bad game haha. The only drawback I can think of is the return of Booker cutting into his production but even then it shouldn’t be too much. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just went in the 3rd round in my draft. Going to have to pay top dollar for him.

In my 12 Team H2H 8 cat dynasty league I took him 34th overall and I feel good about it. He might even live up to or even exceed that draft slot this year. 

13 hours ago, RonnieRonaldo said:

Is this in 8 or 9 cat roto or h2h?

9 cat h2h

His hype looks to be deserved but my god has it skyrocketed from my first drafts: went at 58 in one draft in mid september, went for $14 in an auction around the same time. 58?  $14?  ******** steals now.  Went for $21 two days ago, and of course there's the #28 pick, which I still think is crazy as f---.

After watching his Pre season games and seeing his skillset/offensive instinct I dont even know what to project anymore.

Originally thought 16 and 10 and 1.5 blks  was best case scenario but after seeing him against real NBA players it’s starting to look like if he gets 32mpg we could see 20/11/2. Even his FT shooting has been impressive.

If you got this guy before pre season started congratulations because it’s looking like you hit the lottery.

Edited by FantasyBallFan
  • Like 4

Honestly its getting to the point where him having a KAT rookie season seems reasonable. 18/10 with 1.5 blocks seems on the cards here, maybe less efficient than KAT was, maybe around 49/50 % but still gonna be a fantasy stud

13 hours ago, Walk with me said:

Ayton... not close

Dynasty is a long game and it depends on what you need for your roster construction. Ayton and Luka are probably the most NBA ready. Ayton because of his physical development. Luka because of his professional experience overseas. That said, I would project out 3-4 years and that is the answer for who should go #1 in a dynasty draft IMO, unless you are trying to win it all this year or next. JJJ is in the mix of being the best fantasy player from this draft in 4 years. As of today, Ayton is probably the safest choice. 

15 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

if you want him youre going to have to use a 4th on him

11 hours ago, Jin said:

Just went in the 3rd round in my draft. Going to have to pay top dollar for him.

If you want Ayton, you are going to have to make your move before the 4th. 

Oh, forgot to mention, this dude is good. I rarely consider rookies, but I am changing my mind on Ayton. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FantasyBallFan said:

After watching his Pre season games and seeing his skillset/offensive instinct I dont even know what to project anymore.

Originally thought 16 and 10 and 1.5 blks  was best case scenario but after seeing him against real NBA players it’s starting to look like if he gets 32mpg we could see 20/11/2. Even his FT shooting has been impressive.

If you got this guy before pre season started congratulations because it’s looking like you hit the lottery.

Not only his FT but also his jump shot is impressive for a big man

13 hours ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Honestly its getting to the point where him having a KAT rookie season seems reasonable. 18/10 with 1.5 blocks seems on the cards here, maybe less efficient than KAT was, maybe around 49/50 % but still gonna be a fantasy stud

Actually efficiency is probably Ayton's biggest strength. He doesn't take bad shots, he doesn't shoot threes, his mid range jumper is money and he finishes EVERYTHING inside the paint.

NCAA .612 FG%

Summer League .595 FG%

Preseason .595 FG%

• Like 2

On 10/5/2018 at 1:50 PM, Tom Chambers said:

I've slowly ramped up my participation and investment over the years, and so far I've come out in the green.  It'll be just my luck that this year I actually fall on my face: I'm looking at probably $4000 over like 15ish leagues.  

I'm not as good as I think I am. I mean, I consider myself a good owner, but I assume if you play for that much, you're gonna run into the best of the best with tons of trophies.

I'm getting my feet wet. Starting with $20 Pro Leagues and if I see that I'm progressively getting better, I might shoot for more for years to come.

Edited by Trench Mob

I thought the rumblings of this kid having a David Robinson type of ceiling was far-fected because his defense didn't look that good in Zona, but it sure as hell doesn't look like it. He looks pretty good on both ends.

10 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

I'm not as good as I think I am. I mean, I consider myself a good owner, but I assume if you play for that much, you're gonna run into the best of the best with tons of trophies.

I'm getting my feet wet. Starting with $20 Pro Leagues and if I see that I'm progressively getting better, I might shoot for more for years to come.

lot of bums in $250 leagues. I don't push it and do $500 or $1000 leagues. 

as for Ayton I think hes a good early 4th rd pick especially if your going center heavy early and hes your 3rd center after something like embid lma

6 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

lot of bums in $250 leagues. I don't push it and do $500 or $1000 leagues. 

as for Ayton I think hes a good early 4th rd pick especially if your going center heavy early and hes your 3rd center after something like embid lma

I'm having my Rotisserie draft in a couple hours. It depends on where I'm end up drafting. I might take him in the early 3rd.

Edited by Trench Mob

Coming into the  NBA draft people were talking about his def and low rate of blocks in college... but hes blocking shots in summer league and especially in preseason. Is this for real or just some fluke? Is it the way the defense is being ran that's helping him? i don't get to watch many Suns games but his preseason numbers really pop out at you. i get its preseason and should be taken with a grain of salt but at the same time you cant ignore the fact that this kid has all the opportunity in the world with a not-so-talented suns team. I actually think getting Booker back will actually help him as defenses will be focusing on Booker alot.  

• Like 3

drafted him pick #31 in a 9 cat league with Double Doubles (no turnovers). Could be a good block source on top of the anticipated beast double double production.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DLove said:

Coming into the  NBA draft people were talking about his def and low rate of blocks in college... but hes blocking shots in summer league and especially in preseason. Is this for real or just some fluke? Is it the way the defense is being ran that's helping him? i don't get to watch many Suns games but his preseason numbers really pop out at you. i get its preseason and should be taken with a grain of salt but at the same time you cant ignore the fact that this kid has all the opportunity in the world with a not-so-talented suns team. I actually think getting Booker back will actually help him as defenses will be focusing on Booker alot.  

I read that his low block rate in college may be attributed to the fact he was forced to play PF instead of C. I've watched all his games so far and he looks like he has good shot-blocking instincts and is to contest shots. 

Edited by FantasyBallFan
  • Like 3

Made the mistake of trying to draft him in the 4th round. Regretting not picking him up now.

Edited by ponziacs

Just got done with my Rotisserie Pro League. I end up picking Ayton at 31.

ARr8nrL.png

I think it turned out well.

55 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Just got done with my Rotisserie Pro League. I end up picking Ayton at 31.

ARr8nrL.png

I think it turned out well.

Random question regarding pro leagues??? Can you have a co owner??? If so can he be from a yahoo restricted country???

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, turner46 said:

Random question regarding pro leagues??? Can you have a co owner??? If so can he be from a yahoo restricted country???

Nope. It's just a random group of players.