Sign in to follow this  
mannymachado

Blackmon or Verlander

12 teams redraft, 6x6

was offered Verlander, Paxton, Bregman, D Peralta for Blackmon, Trea, Flaherty, Montas. Thoughts? What side is better?

Its pretty close, but I like the Blackmon side slightly more.  But if you have an abundance of SB and need SP help, then by all means do the trade.  Flaherty is almost equal to Paxton, so for me its who you like better, Verlander + Bregman or Blackmon + Turner.

I like the Blackmon side more as well.  Like the other user mentioned, unless you have a backup plan for SB already on the team or on the WW, then I wouldn't do the trade, and I expect Blackmon to turn it up soon.  Same with Turner.  What we've seen from those two guys isn't the best version we will see down the stretch, assuming they both remain healthy.

Thats a big deal and its pretty fair on value. I prefer the blackmon side slightly but it depends on your needs, if you need pitching more then do it. Win the league, not the trade

Even as an admitted Verlander slappy, I think I would prefer the Blackmon side of the trade. I really like Flaherty as a future Verlander-type.