Sign in to follow this  
KleShreen

Betts for Freeman/Adames in Keeper League?

Hello all, brand new here. Migrated over from another fantasy forum that has pretty much died out as of late. Excited to participate with everyone here!

So I come rearing gifts already in the form of questions.

12-team H2H keeper league, 18 keepers each year, no restrictions. R/H/HR/RBI/SB/TB/AVG and W/SV/K/HOLD/ERA/WHIP/QS.

My roster:

C - Yadier Molina

1B - Cody Bellinger

2B - Jed Lowrie

3B - Matt Carpenter

SS - Jose Iglesias

LF - Michael Conforto

CF - Billy Hamilton

RF - Mookie Betts

OF - Gregory Polanco

UT - Maikel Franco

UT - Matt Chapman

BN - Ian Happ, Kurt Suzuki, Bradley Zimmer, Brendan Rodgers, Vlad Jr.

SP - Kevin Gausman, Kyle Gibson, Luis Castillo, Garrett Richards (DL), Chris Archer (DL), Michael Wacha (DL), Alex Reyes (DL), Danny Salazar (DL)

RP - Chad Green, Sean Doolittle, Zach Britton, Mychal Givens, Trevor Hildenberger

I've been offered Freddie Freeman and Willy Adames for Mookie.

Right now, SS is obviously my weakest hitter position, but I do have Rodgers on the bench waiting to be called up. Without Betts, my RF-eligible guys would be Polanco, Conforto and Happ.

I'm obviously fine at 1B with Bellinger, but those two utility spots open up having both he and Freeman in the lineup together.

My initial thought is that Betts is too valuable to give up. 3 years younger than Freeman. Adames is decent but based on the numbers SS are putting up nowadays, he seems like he'll be around middle-tier when he is playing full time, but maybe I'm underestimating him.

I can also swap out Freeman for any of Trea Turner, George Springer, J.D. Martinez, or Ozzie Albies. I think Freeman would be the best option of any of them, though. He's also been trying to get rid of Miles Mikolas but I'm not sold on him. Bieber and Berrios also available from his team. Maybe I could put Berrios in place of Adames and see if he bites?

I'm just very high on Betts and not sure if any of the options are worth it.

First of all, welcome to the Forums.  I just joined about a week or so ago and am loving it so far.  

As far as your trade, I would NOT do that trade.  You will significantly downgrade your OF, and since you already have Bellinger, there is no real need yet for a 1B.  Fill your Utility spots with value picks, and do not trade superstars for players to fill the utility spot.  Always trade for a need, not just for the sake of making a trade.  Plus Brendan Rodgers is my favorite prospect right now, you will be fine without adding Adames (whom Im not a big fan of personally).  Keep Betts at all costs, there are really only a handful of players you should trade him for, and Freeman is not one of them.  Unless someone is willing to really overpay.

Update to this and wanted to see if this changes anything in people's minds.

He came back with:

Willy Adames, DJ LeMahieu, Freddie Freeman, Shane Bieber

for

Mookie Betts, Ian Happ, Chris Archer

Any thoughts?

Edit: He's persistent. Thinking of countering with a nuclear option of Freeman, Trea Turner, Ozzie Albies and Bieber for Betts, Happ, Archer and Jed Lowrie.

Edited by KleShreen

5 hours ago, KleShreen said:

Update to this and wanted to see if this changes anything in people's minds.

He came back with:

Willy Adames, DJ LeMahieu, Freddie Freeman, Shane Bieber

for

Mookie Betts, Ian Happ, Chris Archer

Any thoughts?

Edit: He's persistent. Thinking of countering with a nuclear option of Freeman, Trea Turner, Ozzie Albies and Bieber for Betts, Happ, Archer and Jed Lowrie.

His counter still isn’t enough for Mookie. Go ahead with your counter and see what happens. You run the risk of offending him but at least he knows it’ll take a haul to land Mook.

Betts is still the best player in the deal

Archer is a big name only . Only helps if you need K's and innings .

Hes fools gold !

Love  Freeman but Love Mookie more .

Just say thanks but no thanks

Should be something like 

Betts, archer plus one more

for

Freeman, Springer and berrios 

thats how much I value Betts it’s a lot to ask for but still more fair then his offer imo 

6 hours ago, meh2 said:

His counter still isn’t enough for Mookie. Go ahead with your counter and see what happens. You run the risk of offending him but at least he knows it’ll take a haul to land Mook.

Thanks for your input! Countered with my idea, we'll see what happens.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CanadianSportsJunkie said:

Should be something like 

Betts, archer plus one more

for

Freeman, Springer and berrios 

thats how much I value Betts it’s a lot to ask for but still more fair then his offer imo 

Thank you! Countered with what I mentioned to try and get some better value and see if he bites. I think I was undervaluing Betts compared to most previously.

56 minutes ago, motown magic said:

Betts is still the best player in the deal

Archer is a big name only . Only helps if you need K's and innings .

Hes fools gold !

Love  Freeman but Love Mookie more .

Just say thanks but no thanks

That might end up being what happens! I like Mookie and Freeman both as well, but it isn't worth it to make a trade just for the sake of making a trade. Thank you for the input!

lol. Guy declined, saying that I "threw away a good chance at rebuilding. Even with Betts, my last offer was well in your favor" lolololol. Oh well. Bye felicia.

Hahaha, this guy won't quit.

He has now offered:

Freddie Freeman

Scott Kingery

Willy Adames

Willson Contreras

Shane Bieber

for

Mookie Betts

Cody Bellinger

Kurt Suzuki

Chris Archer

I'm still going to say no because Kingery and Adames are useless to me, but still. Intriguing.

keep in mind.

prospects are just prospects. that should be the #1 rule when you are in a keeper league.

(well, there are exceptions when it comes to god tier prospects... studs like Acuna, VGJ etc.)

anyways, that last counter is basically

Freeman, WCon <> Betts Bellinger Archer

Kingery, Adames, Bieber are all fine prospects.

but still, Kingery-Adames peak is likely not even close to Bellinger.

Bieber's peak is not close to Archer.

now lets analyze this one.

Freeman << Betts

WCon << Bellinger

and then you have to throw in Archer for good measure.

looks like a joke to me XD

Edited by jhsong916
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, KleShreen said:

I'm still going to say no because Kingery and Adames are useless to me, but still. Intriguing.

13 hours ago, jhsong916 said:

looks like a joke to me XD

Yeah I'd say it's far from intriguing. For it to be close, he should be offering Freeman + another top 20 player in the deal. And even then, I'd doubt he'd offer the right players to make the move. General rule of thumb is the team that gets the best player in the deal wins the trade. And Betts is likely going to be the best player. So seeing as he's not even in the same universe in terms of value, I wouldn't even bother trying to negotiate anything right now. Just enjoy Mookie's production.

• Like 1

Well, I think the guy is broken now. He just offered me this:

Freddie Freeman

Kyle Tucker

Justus Sheffield

Dee Gordon

for

Mookie Betts

and that's it. I've gotta pull the trigger now, no?

He has no concept of value.  If I’m you I’m countering back with 

Freeman and Trea Turner 

for 

Mookie and another piece

Otherwise he can go stick it.  Even if you are rebuilding you’re not obligated to deal Betts.  He’s who you should he building around

Mookie/pre-DL Richards for Freeman/Albies/Berrios is the lowest I’d go on your end.

Don’t let this guy bully you out of one of the three best players in the league 

8 hours ago, KleShreen said:

Well, I think the guy is broken now. He just offered me this:

Freddie Freeman

Kyle Tucker

Justus Sheffield

Dee Gordon

for

Mookie Betts

and that's it. I've gotta pull the trigger now, no?

I still wouldn't. The deal's getting closer, but it still isn't really that close as far as I'm concerned. I think you're missing that second elite piece to even consider it. Like Freeman + Machado or something like that. Dee Gordon doesn't do it for me. Betts is the 2nd best player in the world right now behind Trout. And he's only 25. So you're probably better off just holding on to him.

4 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

I still wouldn't. The deal's getting closer, but it still isn't really that close as far as I'm concerned. I think you're missing that second elite piece to even consider it. Like Freeman + Machado or something like that. Dee Gordon doesn't do it for me. Betts is the 2nd best player in the world right now behind Trout. And he's only 25. So you're probably better off just holding on to him.

Yup, continuing to add pieces to Freeman doesn't make the deal better.  If he's going to get impatient with you, then make a legit offer or more on.

It's the old dog and pony show where one owner tries to offer you multiple pieces to make it seem like you are getting a better deal.

You have prospects of your own..

I might consider Freeman, Springer and berrios for him...that's a pretty fair deal.