Sign in to follow this  
Windgara

Ramirez trade help

20 team 8 keeper league. I am currently 1st the other owner 3rd place. He really wants Ramirez and I really have hard time selling him. for bit over a week we been going back and forth with him offering mix of torres/albies/Blackmon.

was thinking of offering Ramirez/simmons/ either wood or ray(who?) for all 3.  Ideally I get this prob really great deal for me if he agrees(might considering he really wants Ramirez) but best player in that deal with still be Ramirez leaving.

So question  would be do I go for this offer or keep Ramirez. See anything better I can try(teams are below for both of us) . I am crazy for having hard time parting with Ramirez?(I see him best player offense wise right after trout/mookie).

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. WIll  answer your questions in return.

My team :

Offense:

C.Hicks

1st. smoak

2nd. Ramirez

3rd. Culberson

SS. Simmons

OF. CHoo/Gardner/Brantly

Utl. D smit

Bench : e escobar/nunez ianneta

DL . Acuna

NA; Gordon/Hays/w calhoun

Pitching

SP : Wood/barria/verlander/severino/loasiga/Blackburn

RP: Doolittle/hand/chapman

Bench: romero (can put him in na drop Hansen when acuna gets back from dl)

dl : samardzija/stras/ray

na: allard/hansen

------------------------------

His team :

Offense : zunio/bauers/Altuve/shaq/torres/springer/puig/Calhoun/albies/Blackmon/taylor/

NA: Alvarez(Houston)

Pitching : mikolas/pivetta/diaz/treinen/domingues/rondon/suarez/Gibson/godley/hardy

NA: duplantier/alcantara

9 minutes ago, jpsalerno1996 said:

I like it but see if you can get even more if he really wants ramirez.

any suggestions?

I think if you were to do this deal Ray would be the pitcher to add, but I'm still not sure whether overall to do the deal or not. You're really banking on one of Albies or Torres coming close to JoRam's talent in the future. And I get you'd be getting two of them, plus Blackmon who is good now. But JoRam produces at a high level in all stat categories. He's nearing Mike Trout territory (let's be clear... he's not Trout. But still elite enough that he'll probably be a top 10 player (if not top 5) more years than not). Where it is such a deep league with 20 teams I am leaning towards doing the deal. But I would look at the deal in more detail player by player, take a conservative approach on Torres and Albies expectations over the next few years, and see what the difference is in my lineup between doing/not doing this trade.

Thanks for helping with mine.

Because this is a 20 team league, I would reluctantly lean towards doing the deal.  I love Albies and Torres looks legit and Blackmon is a current star.  Ramirez might be the 2nd best player though.  Real tough call but I might go for it if they can sweeten it a little.

exactly why i am struggling. given the league size the value is nice.  but giving up a top 3-5 offense player hard.

given you can see both teams what would make this a 100% accept for me?

I would do it, Torres and Albies will only get better and Blackmon signing in Colorado assures you good offensive stats from him, sure you lose JRam but those 3 guys will more tham make up for what you are losing with JRam, and the other 2 guys in the deal i would send Simmons and Wood, i would keep Ray just because of the upside

Thanks for your help with mine. Is there anyway he would be able to sweeten the deal on his end and swap out Blackmon for Springer? Springer is younger and very productive and you are trading away the best player, Ramirez, in the deal. I would also try and get the deal done without Ray and go with Wood as the SP.

IMO you are taking the biggest risk by trading Ramirez and taking back two players, Torres and Albies, albeit talented but with a very small sample size in the bigs. That is why I would aim for Springer in return along with Wood as the SP.

i can try springer/alb/toress. would that make it better?

did also think about asking for altuve instead of alb (but not sure about this one. 1) might be over push 2) altuve is mostly steals /avg person which would drop with age)

Never played in a Dynasty, but imo, if you have a chance to win a season, I would go for it. 

Do you think Blackmon/Albies/Torres will help you win this year, over Jram, Simmons/SP? If so, then I would make the trade & you are also looking decent for next year, as you have some good, young talent. 

Thanks for mine & good luck!

Just now, DarinB300 said:

Never played in a Dynasty, but imo, if you have a chance to win a season, I would go for it. 

Do you think Blackmon/Albies/Torres will help you win this year, over Jram, Simmons/SP? If so, then I would make the trade & you are also looking decent for next year, as you have some good, young talent. 

Thanks for mine & good luck!

its not dynasty its 8 keeper league. as of now i am 1st  in a year i prob shouldn't be(took over a garbage team mid least season) but hard to tell in 20 team leagues.

2 minutes ago, Windgara said:

its not dynasty its 8 keeper league. as of now i am 1st  in a year i prob shouldn't be(took over a garbage team mid least season) but hard to tell in 20 team leagues.

My apologies. If you make the trade, who would be your 8 keepers, compared to if you didn't make the trade?

I would look at that, as well as trying to win this season. 

• Like 1

pre trade  my keepers wound be

Ramirez/acuna/severino/stras/verlander (The sure 5)

brantly/wood/ray/hand/chapman/Doolittle(3 of 6 from this group.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

post trade : 

Acuna/alb/torres/springer(or Blackmon whatever i get)/severino/stras/verlander( the sure 7)

brantly/ ray(assuming i trade wood)/hand/chapman/Doolittle(1 of 5 from this group)

thats tough. you give up best player but you get back 2 elite young players thats keeps you young. blackmon would be a nice upgrade for this season but he is on the downside of his career imo. 

id take it but i really love gleyber

likeing torress is part of reason i am even thinking about this. also springer is younger but he on slamp compared to blackmon

In a deep 20 team league, it's intriguing. To have Acuna, Albies, Torres, three young high potential players for years on your roster is fantastic. Also to get a good proven bat of Blackmon or Springer to go along with Albies/Torres I like the deal for you. 

8 hours ago, Windgara said:

20 team 8 keeper league. I am currently 1st the other owner 3rd place. He really wants Ramirez and I really have hard time selling him. for bit over a week we been going back and forth with him offering mix of torres/albies/Blackmon.

was thinking of offering Ramirez/simmons/ either wood or ray(who?) for all 3.  Ideally I get this prob really great deal for me if he agrees(might considering he really wants Ramirez) but best player in that deal with still be Ramirez leaving.

So question  would be do I go for this offer or keep Ramirez. See anything better I can try(teams are below for both of us) . I am crazy for having hard time parting with Ramirez?(I see him best player offense wise right after trout/mookie).

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. WIll  answer your questions in return.

Here's my general rule of thumb : If I'm giving up the best player in the deal, I need the best overall value in the deal. 

I think the value you end up with is meh, probably good. You get 2 really good young 2B (I would think you can move one for something you need) and I really like Blackmon. 

It's close. I'd like to see you get back someone who is a little safer than Torres/Albies but a little younger than Blackmon. 

I wouldn't feel bad not doing this if I was the JoRam owner. 

That's a nice haul for you. The 3 you would be obtaining would definitely be listed. I would probably send Wood over Ray. Ray at least has good strikeout potential. 

Thanks for the help with mine. 

2 hours ago, Windgara said:

likeing torress is part of reason i am even thinking about this. also springer is younger but he on slamp compared to blackmon

You do seem to be on the fence as to where include Blackmon or Springer, if you do decide to do the deal. There is a 3 year difference between the two, so age is definitely a factor. But at the same time I wouldn't consider the gap that significant. Your keeper core is also pretty young, which is also a relevant factor. If you do the deal, 4 of your 7 "core" keepers will be under the age of 24, with the old guy in the group being Verlander. So even though there's no guarantee that these guys pan out the way we want them too, your future still is looking bright even if you take the older player. Then if we look at your current season, you look to be in a decent spot to take a run at it. You're in first place and have a good group of guys in place. A lot of your top players are however young, which means that they might not be producing at a level now that they would in their prime. So you might need more help now than you would in the future.

So the way I see it, if you think Blackmon is on another level talent wise right now than Springer (Not just better, but better enough that there is a "statistically significant" difference between the two), then I'd go with Blackmon. If you think they're on the same level, then I'd go with Springer. Really just depends on how you value the two.

Go with your gut man. I think the young guys pan out & Blackmon in Coors is $. Can't hurt to try & get more though. Some people may give extra. Good luck! 

this really shouldnt be this hard to decide lol.

i think i am over thinking this cause early on in my 10 team dynasty league did segura/ram/beckhem/noa for severino/bryant/holland (this was like 2 month ago or so). bottom line is you prob right getting more talent then worring about keepers long term when time comes prob best bet to go..

no guessing everyone likes me keeping ray over wood. 

what are options between srpinger vs blackmon.   the way i view ya springer younger by few years but  not huge fan of low avg players