smeeze

Aaron Jones 2018 Outlook

29 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Will give him a week though, first game back. 2 guys supposedly in front of him...Would rather start Alf to be honest. 

Assuming no injury, I don't think Jones will be relevant for at least 3 weeks or so.  Packers seem to like Williams too much and it makes sense for their football team to rotate their backs.  Keeps them fresh.  I could see Jones becoming the guy if Williams is ineffective, but that will take time.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, kp96 said:

I could see Jones becoming the guy if Williams is ineffective, but that will take time.

Williams is already ineffective.

I have a question for Packers fans or people that followed him closely last year. I see he had a couple big games last year in the middle of the season against New Orleans and Dallas. What happened after that? Did he get injured? 

This is someone you should be prepared to hold for at least 3 weeks or more, unless Williams just breaks out.  I don't expect much from Jones this week, though if he gets 10 touches and looks good, I'll be pretty satisfied with that (assuming Williams looks his normal self.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gullit18 said:

I have a question for Packers fans or people that followed him closely last year. I see he had a couple big games last year in the middle of the season against New Orleans and Dallas. What happened after that? Did he get injured? 

Injury troubles.  Brett Hundley sucking.  Season got ugly for a bit.  Jones looked legit though.  Very exciting player.  

54 minutes ago, petekrum said:

Easily the best RB on this roster, only a matter of time.

I picked him up before the Saints game last season. He just passes the eyeball test compared to the other RBs on their roster.

When in doubt, talent wins out.

1 minute ago, mikeflavaz said:

Actually... Pretty encouraging.  I think we're right on schedule. 

Agreed. 6 carries for Jones, 5 for Williams, 3 for TyMo. 42, 29, 16 yards respectively. Targets did go 1, 3, 7 respectively, however.

Pack were down the whole game so they barely ran the ball, but Jones picked up where he left off last year, looking like the best runner. Not bad for his first week back with a a very bad game script. Interested to see the snap counts, but I'm sure Jones had the fewest snaps considering the flow of the game. 

The Packers need to play to win. Second, protect the legs of Rodgers. Best way to do that? Run the ball. Jones is a league winner. 

Jones just looks so quick and strong. He shook off arm tackles that Williams goes right to the ground on. He's far superior as a runner.

Well he looked like the best RB out there... Still can't decide if that will be valuable for fantasy though.

58 minutes ago, TomisTerrific said:

The Packers need to play to win. Second, protect the legs of Rodgers. Best way to do that? Run the ball. Jones is a league winner. 

The best way to protect Rodgers is having a good pass blocker out there, that is what they like about Williams.

Jone is the best "runner" but that doesn't necessarily mean best football player for the situation.

Three headed rbbc......hard to see how you start him anytime soon wout injuries to the other guys. 

Fun to watch...very talented

23 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Three headed rbbc......hard to see how you start him anytime soon wout injuries to the other guys. 

Fun to watch...very talented

Three headed today.  But Jones will take over this backfield.  He’ll get a bigger share next week.  

2 minutes ago, lla887 said:

Three headed today.  But Jones will take over this backfield.  He’ll get a bigger share next week.  

Well we are all hoping for that....but have to wait and see.

Hopefully the Packers jump ahead early and make the ground game a priority. Just can't see how you justify starting Jones unless you are desperate until it's clear that he has taken control of the backfield. Definitely happy to have him on my bench...and he did about all he could today based on his opportunity.

• Like 2

Came to see what the haters were saying.  Relatively quiet tonight.

• Like 1

Aaron had the same number of touches (7). Also, Jamal can only run through massive holes.

I outright dropped Jamal a few days ago for Geronimo Allison. I ain't got time for that dead weight on my bench.

2 minutes ago, austin316 said:

Aaron had the same number of touches (7). Also, Jamal can only run through massive holes.

I outright dropped Jamal a few days ago for Geronimo Allison. I ain't got time for that dead weight on my bench.

Its a 3 headed backfield. They are all dead weight unless 1 gets injured.

I think it is very promising that he led the backfield in carries after the coach said he would clearly be behind the other 2 and the game script didn't even favor him. It is still most likely that this becomes a 3-way RBBC headache but the upside is too much to not have this guy stashed especially with him clearly the most talented runner. This was a promising start. 

Edited by Jaw1

I would agree it's a RBBC but no way I'm dropping Jones, as he is the most talented. His efficiency stats, including explosive runs, rivaled Kamara last year, albeit a small sample size.

Watch highlights of his game vs Dallas last year.

Jamal was the 4th best blocker in the NFL last year. The writing is on the wall. Give Jones the rock 1st and 2nd down and Jamal and Monty 3rd down.

I don't disagree with the posts above, but I don't have a problem literally dropping Jamal on strong fantasy teams in which he'll never see my starting lineup. Watching him on film is boring and makes me sick. Without volume he is especially worthless. Brandon Jackson deja vu.

The little amount he played he definitely seemed like the more explosive runner. It’s such a big difference when you watch the games rather than look at stat sheets. Right now he’s still a hold but once Rodgers is fully healthy i think his usage with go up a bit