smeeze

Aaron Jones 2018 Outlook

21 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

Depends if that post was made before or after the Hyde trade.

His response was to my post a day after the Hyde trade where I stated it was hard to hold onto Jones that week due to the trade and Mack emerging in the backfield. I think he failed to look at my post date and my post being about the whole weeks activity for said players.

Edited by pdizzle710

1 hour ago, munde53 said:

21 minutes ago....

It was in reference to the guy he quoted which looking at it was Saturday, it was a bit confusing.  Basically saying that yeah after Hyde was gone I'd rather have Chubb, before Hyde was gone, I'd rather have Jones.

I still believe Jones will be a fantasy asset at some point this season.  It will just be later than expected, but not too late to help win a title.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Power-O said:

@tim14125

The reports coming out of GB are they are going to run more to setup the playaction....im taking the dive ;)

Can’t tell if sarcasm. Link? Source? If true...

1 minute ago, jtbgator said:

Can’t tell if sarcasm. Link? Source? If true...

its true....read an article from bleacher report....they evaluated their offense and defense this week and concluded they want more run attempts

Dropped A. Jones last week. Was handcuffed due to the Gronk situation and had no choice.

Now he's sitting there amongst J. Richard, R. Mostert, and all of this week's waiver wire wonders. 

Still think I have a decent chance to get him back.

28 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Dropped A. Jones last week. Was handcuffed due to the Gronk situation and had no choice.

Now he's sitting there amongst J. Richard, R. Mostert, and all of this week's waiver wire wonders. 

Still think I have a decent chance to get him back.

You will get him back.  No one wants him except for the delusional few of us who keep posting in this thread clutching to the belief that next week will be the week.  

It will never be the week.  

I keep saying if he doesn’t have a good week next week I will drop.  But deep down I know I’m going to keep this bright shiny turd on my bench all season because it would kill me inside if he does have the break out week after I drop him.  

It takes two things to make a good fantasy player; talent and opportunity.  We all know which one Jones lacks.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lla887 said:

You will get him back.  No one wants him except for the delusional few of us who keep posting in this thread clutching to the belief that next week will be the week.  

I keep saying if he doesn’t have a good week next week I will drop.  But deep down I know I’m going to keep this bright shiny turd on my bench all season because it would kill me inside if he does have the break out week after I drop him.  

It takes two things to make a good fantasy player; talent and opportunity.  We all know which one Jones lacks.  

Lol.

If I can grab him, keep  him for a week, and finally see if things break...great.

1 hour ago, Power-O said:

its true....read an article from bleacher report....they evaluated their offense and defense this week and concluded they want more run attempts

That’s cool, but they’re @Rams this week which means they’ll likely be forced to abandon the run game early. 

19 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

That’s cool, but they’re @Rams this week which means they’ll likely be forced to abandon the run game early. 

Or they can try to run the ball to keep the rams off the field...lots of possibilities...i got nothing better to flex this week so im going to take the risk...worst case i get that 40 burger with a possible td that may or may not get taken away lol

1 hour ago, lla887 said:

Jones is a flier that if Williams goes down with an injury will be a high end RB2. I don't think anyone who owns Jones at this point thinks he will take a stranglehold on the RB duties in GB without an injury or some trade.

I drafted Jones last year in one of my leagues (keeper/deep league) despite Ty being labeled as the workhorse and Williams starting out ahead of him. The reason why is because if injury hit I believed in his talent and that's exactly what happened. It worked out extremely well until Jones went down with an injury himself. Now he only has Williams to worry about since Ty has been used as a receiving/COP back. 

It's not delusional at all to take a flier on a high upside guy who could be huge if things fall his way, especially at the RB position. 

I think jones will be a decent play this week regardless of workload. He is clearly favored near the goal line and I expect a lot of scoring in this game. My prediction is 10 carries for 70 yards and a Td

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2802667-raiders-news-te-lee-smith-calls-derek-carr-criticism-a-joke-and-laughable

Nice writeup on just how good Jones has been in limited action. He’s even got a better pass block rating than Jamaal. :)

I still think it’s just a matter of time before this guy takes over. The sky is the limit for him in this offense. 

17 minutes ago, bob123dude said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2802667-raiders-news-te-lee-smith-calls-derek-carr-criticism-a-joke-and-laughable

Nice writeup on just how good Jones has been in limited action. He’s even got a better pass block rating than Jamaal. :)

I still think it’s just a matter of time before this guy takes over. The sky is the limit for him in this offense. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-aaron-jones-hasdone-enough-to-warrant-a-lead-role-in-green-bay

oops, wrong link earlier 

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/fantasy-football-rankings-week-8-model-that-beat-experts-says-start-aaron-jones-sit-carson-wentz/

The computer was right about emanuel sanders last week and now says aaron jones guna explode lol i know i pledged to start him this week but then i got taylor gabriel off waivers so i held jones out...now i read this and i really feel like rolling the dice because i am facing gurley lol

Was forced to start both Drake and Jones this week due to byes. Hopefully Jones can pull off a miracle similar to what Drake did on Thursday.

• Like 1

Really think it’s happening this week. All the talk about self evaluation and how they need to run more. How can they evaluate and not realize jones makes the offense better? He is supposed to have really good hands so they should use him in space more. Also, LAR are susceptible to runs outside where jones shines and where GBs best o-line are. This is the week he grabs the starting job and becomes a rb1 going forward.

13 minutes ago, ellie826 said:

Really think it’s happening this week. All the talk about self evaluation and how they need to run more. How can they evaluate and not realize jones makes the offense better? He is supposed to have really good hands so they should use him in space more. Also, LAR are susceptible to runs outside where jones shines and where GBs best o-line are. This is the week he grabs the starting job and becomes a rb1 going forward.

Unless Montgomery and Williams both get injured that isn't happening. And why do fantasy owners think they know the best way for the GB offense to run?

10 minutes ago, ellie826 said:

If there's a week to roster Jones, this is it.  I don't know if Jones will be the main RB or not.  But coming out of the bye, we should know how GB plan to use their RBs for ROS.  Is it the same RBBC?  Is it finally Jones?   Will Ty get more involved?  I really don't know what the coaching staff will do.  But I do know that it will be too late to grab Jones next week if he goes off this week.  He is worth a roster spot just for the speculation.  No sweat if nothing happens, just drop him again.  But we could be missing out on a RB1/2 if GB makes a RB change.

maybe it happens maybe it doesnt....but i'm def not confident here against the rams when rodgers will have to throw throw throw. 

9 hours ago, David Aames said:

maybe it happens maybe it doesnt....but i'm def not confident here against the rams when rodgers will have to throw throw throw. 

They will def throw, but they so need a rb that can eat up yardage, especially in space. I believe Jones is that guy. It'll be interesting to see how gb uses their rbs coming out of the bye. 

Definite sit for me, but here's hoping there is some indication that they are at least moving towards giving him a bigger share.