smeeze

Aaron Jones 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Because so many teams on BYE and there are no better choices? Agreed.

 

There's 4 teams on bye.   Who are the easy choices over Jones?   I'd start Jones over any of the RB except maybe Cook.

Edited by K197040

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, K197040 said:

 

There's 4 teams on bye.   Who are the easy choices over Jones?   I'd start Jones over any of the RB except maybe Cook.

I don't think any. Jones is a solid play. I wish I could use him this week but Gordon has my flex play. Fournette is riding my bench. Jones should be able to rush for near 100 yards with a better chance than most out there for a TD. MM needs to let him touch it 15 times. Just not too many, i have rodgers going. lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

I don't think any. Jones is a solid play. I wish I could use him this week but Gordon has my flex play. Fournette is riding my bench. Jones should be able to rush for near 100 yards with a better chance than most out there for a TD. MM needs to let him touch it 15 times. Just not too many, i have rodgers going. lol

 

I've got both as well but having to put Gordon as my WR2.    I need Jones to perform.  Regardless of what happens to your Rodgers.  :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, K197040 said:

 

There's 4 teams on bye.   Who are the easy choices over Jones?   I'd start Jones over any of the RB except maybe Cook.

Todd Gurley (LAR)
Melvin Gordon(LAC)
Kareem Hunt (KC)
Alvin Kamara (NO)
Saquon Barkley(NYG)
James Conner (PIT)
Christian McCaffrey (CAR)
Joe Mixon (CIN)
James White (NE)
Ezekiel Elliott (DAL)
Tarik Cohen (CHI)
Nick Chubb (CLE)
Tevin Coleman(ATL)
David Johnson(ARI)
Duke Johnson(CLE)
Dion Lewis (TEN)
Mark Ingram (NO)
Jordan Howard(CHI)
Adrian Peterson(WAS)
 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Todd Gurley (LAR)
Melvin Gordon(LAC)
Kareem Hunt (KC)
Alvin Kamara (NO)
Saquon Barkley(NYG)
James Conner (PIT)
Christian McCaffrey (CAR)
Joe Mixon (CIN)
James White (NE)
Ezekiel Elliott (DAL)
Tarik Cohen (CHI)
Nick Chubb (CLE)
Tevin Coleman(ATL)
David Johnson(ARI)
Duke Johnson(CLE)
Dion Lewis (TEN)
Mark Ingram (NO)
Jordan Howard(CHI)
Adrian Peterson(WAS)
 

I would start jones over Ingram all day. Ingram hasn't gotten any goal line work. Granted the teams he has struggled against has had good defenses, clearly kamara is the favorite for goal line work esp after last week where kamara came in after a good ingram block on his first snap in. So if you put him after peterson and take off ingram, that would be 18th. RB2. Plus idk about duke johnson and dion. NE actually has been playing better D. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Todd Gurley (LAR)
Melvin Gordon(LAC)
Kareem Hunt (KC)
Alvin Kamara (NO)
Saquon Barkley(NYG)
James Conner (PIT)
Christian McCaffrey (CAR)
Joe Mixon (CIN)
James White (NE)
Ezekiel Elliott (DAL)
Tarik Cohen (CHI)
Nick Chubb (CLE)
Tevin Coleman(ATL)
David Johnson(ARI)
Duke Johnson(CLE)
Dion Lewis (TEN)
Mark Ingram (NO)
Jordan Howard(CHI)
Adrian Peterson(WAS)
 

 

That wasn't what you implied.   You said that Jones is a must start:  "Because so many teams on BYE and there are no better choices? Agreed. "

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

I would start jones over Ingram all day. Ingram hasn't gotten any goal line work. Granted the teams he has struggled against has had good defenses, clearly kamara is the favorite for goal line work esp after last week where kamara came in after a good ingram block on his first snap in. So if you put him after peterson and take off ingram, that would be 18th. RB2. Plus idk about duke johnson and dion. NE actually has been playing better D. 

LOL. Lots of the ones on that list are RB2s most weeks. That's why I am saying play him this week makes sense until the RB1's come back.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2018 at 4:14 PM, nosh0t said:

 

I don't want to speak for anyone but I think he meant you can't count on that occurring every game.  As someone that'll be playing Aaron this week i'm excited about his ability and upside, but EVERYTHING comes down to 1) Coach  2) Coach  3) McCarthy  4) gamescript.

 

No one here is foolish enough to argue his talent - what is "flukey" or can vary so far this season is useage.  Arrow is pointing up with montfumbles gone.  RB2 / Flex play for me until the wheels fall off.

If I went up against Ben or CMC and needed a homerun, I would def be starting him. Luckily I have CMC and went up against Connor and will be sitting him over Chubb this week. I want a safer floor this week and believe Chubb will get his usually 10-15 points in my 0.5 ppr league. He’s in a great situation this week, but I still don’t trust MM and I am a huge Jones supporter too for what it’s worth.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, K197040 said:

 

There's 4 teams on bye.   Who are the easy choices over Jones?   I'd start Jones over any of the RB except maybe Cook.

 

2 hours ago, Zekepeak86 said:

I don't think any. Jones is a solid play. I wish I could use him this week but Gordon has my flex play. Fournette is riding my bench. Jones should be able to rush for near 100 yards with a better chance than most out there for a TD. MM needs to let him touch it 15 times. Just not too many, i have rodgers going. lol

 

Marlon Mack would be a better play

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes if everyone owned all those players.. Jones be an easy sit... but um we don't... he's a must start for anyone that only owns 1 of those players...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Yes if everyone owned all those players.. Jones be an easy sit... but um we don't... he's a must start for anyone that only owns 1 of those players...

Exactly. For this week only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, martinjlm said:

Exactly. For this week only.

 

Oh ok.  So this week with 4 teams on bye.

But not next week with 6 teams not playing.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, martinjlm said:

Todd Gurley (LAR)
Melvin Gordon(LAC)
Kareem Hunt (KC)
Alvin Kamara (NO)
Saquon Barkley(NYG)
James Conner (PIT)
Christian McCaffrey (CAR)
Joe Mixon (CIN)
James White (NE)
Ezekiel Elliott (DAL)
Tarik Cohen (CHI)
Nick Chubb (CLE)
Tevin Coleman(ATL)
David Johnson(ARI)
Duke Johnson(CLE)
Dion Lewis (TEN)
Mark Ingram (NO)
Jordan Howard(CHI)
Adrian Peterson(WAS)
 

 

only ones on that list that are unquestioned starts would be

 

Gurley

Gordon

Hunt

Kamara

Barkley

Conner

CMC

Elliott

White

 

after that it is a crapshoot and arguments can be made for either side

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, uk4400 said:

 

 

Marlon Mack would be a better play

 

Mack is not a clear cut better start over Jones

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bob69024 said:

If I went up against Ben or CMC and needed a homerun, I would def be starting him. Luckily I have CMC and went up against Connor and will be sitting him over Chubb this week. I want a safer floor this week and believe Chubb will get his usually 10-15 points in my 0.5 ppr league. He’s in a great situation this week, but I still don’t trust MM and I am a huge Jones supporter too for what it’s worth.

 

My opponent played Ben! And I have Jones sitting with Chubb as my RB2 with Gordon as my Flex (like someone above). I might reconsider Jones over Chubb now that you mentioned this! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FrancoJavierM said:

 

My opponent played Ben! And I have Jones sitting with Chubb as my RB2 with Gordon as my Flex (like someone above). I might reconsider Jones over Chubb now that you mentioned this! 

 

Have the Chubb vs A. Jones decision myself. Right now, Chubb is in the starting lineup, but I'm warming up to a complete demolition of MIA in GB this week. Gotta think A. Jones gets plenty of touches. That said, in a lopsided game I could see McCarthy giving more touches to J. Williams!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kyoun1e said:

 

Have the Chubb vs A. Jones decision myself. Right now, Chubb is in the starting lineup, but I'm warming up to a complete demolition of MIA in GB this week. Gotta think A. Jones gets plenty of touches. That said, in a lopsided game I could see McCarthy giving more touches to J. Williams!

 

I could see that too. If they were up big, they might want to preserve Jones. Happened to Conner before his concussion, although he was coming off a physical 25 touch game against a good Baltimore defense on a short week. Jones will be more fresh but when it's a blow out,  starters might be pulled and backups might be playing more. Best hope is for GB to always maintain a 14 pt lead through. Too close to rest Jones for an extensive amount of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My flex play is Jones this week and it's a no brainer. Kittle is my other best option and i'm sure he'll play but I am firing up Jones with Confidence.

 

TD, 100 yards rushing, 4 catches for 25 yards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dolphins list five players as QUESTIONABLE for the Packers game:

 

LB Kiko Alonso (ankle)

TE AJ Derby (foot)

WR Jakeem Grant (Achilles)

RT Ja’Wuan James (knee)

LT Laremy Tunsil (knee/ankle)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 6:59 PM, WaiverLooter said:

 

I could see that too. If they were up big, they might want to preserve Jones. Happened to Conner before his concussion, although he was coming off a physical 25 touch game against a good Baltimore defense on a short week. Jones will be more fresh but when it's a blow out,  starters might be pulled and backups might be playing more. Best hope is for GB to always maintain a 14 pt lead through. Too close to rest Jones for an extensive amount of time.

 

Think I'm going A. Jones. Silve's right up in his matchup column pointing to "blowup" potential.

 

Did some digging on ATL run D. They are not that bad if you are just pounding it into the line. G. Jarrett is in their on their defensive line and he's tough. If you look at the data it's the receiving RBs that have absolutely murdered the ATL run D and that has really contributed to them being miserable in the "points allowed" to RBs stat category. Kamara and CMC each had like 14 catches against them. S. Barkley too. Big game for D. Johnson.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 5:59 PM, WaiverLooter said:

 

I could see that too. If they were up big, they might want to preserve Jones. Happened to Conner before his concussion, although he was coming off a physical 25 touch game against a good Baltimore defense on a short week. Jones will be more fresh but when it's a blow out,  starters might be pulled and backups might be playing more. Best hope is for GB to always maintain a 14 pt lead through. Too close to rest Jones for an extensive amount of time.

 

Yeah, no. I've lost track of how many times Mike McCarthy has insisted on keeping Rodgers in the game when the Packers were playing in a blowout. You're overthinking this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 1:48 PM, Panthor said:

 

Mack is not a clear cut better start over Jones

Yes he is. Mack has a defined role and the volume on a good offense. Jones is still a part-time guy. Give me the guy with the guaranteed 20+ touches and all GL work every day of the week.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.