smeeze

Aaron Jones 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Yes he is. Mack has a defined role and the volume on a good offense. Jones is still a part-time guy. Give me the guy with the guaranteed 20+ touches and all GL work every day of the week.

You're ignoring the matchup though. MIA run D is absolutely miserable. Over/under points to a favorable game script as well.

There's no reason to think A. Jones isn't going to get 15 touches and a couple receptions. How many more touches is Mack going to get? 2? 3? 

7 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

You're ignoring the matchup though. MIA run D is absolutely miserable. Over/under points to a favorable game script as well.

There's no reason to think A. Jones isn't going to get 15 touches and a couple receptions. How many more touches is Mack going to get? 2? 3? 

You are making way too much of the matchup. We will see. I fully expect Mack to have another great week. Give me the guaranteed workhorse over the part-timer against a poor run defense every single time.

4 minutes ago, devaster said:

You are making way too much of the matchup. We will see. I fully expect Mack to have another great week. Give me the guaranteed workhorse over the part-timer against a poor run defense every single time.

Well, I have him starting in one league so I hope you're right. In another I'm sitting him for either Chubb or A. Jones.

Mack just buried a putrid OAK rush D. I'd like to see him do the same against a tougher D because Indy's upcoming matchups are not cupcakes.

can't wait till mccarthy gets fired. aaron jones has a brilliant first quarter and you play...jamal williams the entire second? Genius move. You ran it a few times with him and he can't even gain yards wasted possessions. Best part of this is statistically aaron jones is the better blocker this year as well....meaning playing williams makes no flippin' sense.... smh

• Like 2

Rb 2.5 .... with RB1 moving forward. Congrats to those who were patient. Me included.

He looked fantastic today and I missed out on it. Hope this keeps up but I would like to see 20 carries at least once. The fact that they STILL alternate JAGmaal Williams in on drives annoys the hell out of me. Will be interesting to see snap count this week. Seemed like they faded Jamaal at the end of the game and kept going to Aaron. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

He looked fantastic today and I missed out on it. Hope this keeps up but I would like to see 20 carries at least once. The fact that they STILL alternate JAGmaal Williams in on drives annoys the hell out of me. Will be interesting to see snap count this week. Seemed like they faded Jamaal at the end of the game and kept going to Aaron. 

Bro...Williams received 3 carries haha

Let's let Aaron rest some so he doesn't get wrecked before the Championships!

2 minutes ago, Kraptocracy said:

Just because he only got 3 carries doesn't mean he wasn't in on drives that Jones could have been in on. Like I said I'll be waiting for the snap counts. 

3 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Yes, I missed out on it as well, but I had no crucial RBs on a bye.  I had no choice but to bench him.  

Everyone feasts on Miami.  I'm cautiously optimistic, but I'm not guaranteeing RB1 stats ROS like someone above suggested.  That's just too bold a prediction for this offense with this coaching staff.

7 minutes ago, Kraptocracy said:

Yeah but they were still putting him in for drives... The drives they stalled and failed on.

4 minutes ago, Josh GODon said:

Everyone feasts on Miami.  I'm cautiously optimistic, but I'm not guaranteeing RB1 stats ROS like someone above suggested.  That's just too bold a prediction for this offense with this coaching staff.

I agree. I started him this week because of the matchup, but it'll be difficult doing so for more competitive games. That's purely down to the coaching staff, not Jones' ability - i think he could be an elite RB on other teams.

1 minute ago, Sartorialism said:

I agree. I started him this week because of the matchup, but it'll be difficult doing so for more competitive games. That's purely down to the coaching staff, not Jones' ability - i think he could be an elite RB on other teams.

They get the Seahawks on a short week. Think he could beast again this coming week. Will for sure be starting him.

Edited by oliminator123

5 minutes ago, FritzLn said:

i swear even Jamal Williams looks around like 'wtf am I doing in here?" at this point :lol::lol:

At least he can block.

Talent, ability>>>>>>coach

This is what we’ve all been waiting for. 

Jones arrow up!

Sat him in a must win but I had tevin and mixon going.... blah he did better than both together 

Congrats on your new RB1 ROS

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1