smeeze

Aaron Jones 2018 Outlook

I only saw Williams in on that one series in the second quarter... maybe there was another. But I think McCarthy has finally come to his senses and seen what everyone else has for a while now. 

Lord knows I’ve been hating on McCarthy and am loathe to credit him in any way, but I’m encouraged by his usage of Jones these last two games though especially today

also keep in mind similar things would happen during Lacy’s two productive seasons here with James Starks being alternated in and a drive killer. But as the weather got colder and the season went on, Starks began to fade toward oblivion. Hopefully this is the start of Jones’ ascent and Williams’ trip to obscurity 

Edited by rizon

Just now, dlionsfan901 said:

Is this a shiny new RB1 for us ROS or just a tease? 

I would think he’s no worse than a RB2. I doubt many of us have 2 RB’s better than him

5 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Is this a shiny new RB1 for us ROS or just a tease? 

More like a high end RB2, but yeah definitely a fun toy that came cheap.

Too many people whining about Aaron Jones not being in on every down. If your whining about that you are clueless about real football they don’t give a s--- about anybody’s fantasyland team. 

Keeping Aaron Jones healthy is the main vocal point in Green Bay . 

Take te your whining to the vent thread. 

Aaron Jones was spectacular and if you own him you should be ecstatic instead you come here to bash McCarthy 

Edited by shakestreet
  • Like 2

Definitely wrong about this week. Looks like a good RB2 ROS.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Sticky2 said:

The guy who dropped him in my league suddenly decided to move to Canada.

I will be joining him ... 

you hold too long you miss out on a breakout star... 

so I dropped him .. I am 0-2 

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Too many people whining about Aaron Jones not being in on every down. If your whining about that you are clueless about real football they don’t give a s--- about anybody’s fantasyland team. 

Aaron Jones was spectacular and if you own him you should be ecstatic instead you come here to bash McCarthy 

Rodgers was asked after the game if he thought Jones could handle a full workload being a smaller back.

He said that 15 carries seems like a good amount of work for him.

42 to 14 snap count in favor of jones over williams

Edited by hard1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

He's good to go bro. Held him since the draft. This is the guy I remember from his short time on top of the depth chart last year. He makes you dump all the rb crud on your roster.  Time for the playoffs baby! 

Edited by mikeflavaz
  • Like 1

On 11/5/2018 at 12:44 PM, Lebowski54 said:

Jones blocked very well. Williams on the other hand actually blew a couple of major assignments. I wouldn’t put too much stock into the fumble. It was an otherwise great run, but just a fluky occurrence. 

What happened to this dude?  I would’ve thought he would be all over this thread!

Oh well - guess he didn’t care enough to chime in.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, munde53 said:

The calm before THE STORM?

Well put

7 minutes ago, BMcP said:

What happened to this dude?  I would’ve thought he would be all over this thread!

Oh well - guess he didn’t care enough to chime in.

Saw some reactions to my posts. Figured I'd get a demeaning post or two. Bit disappointed really.

• Like 2

I want to imagine Rodgers and the front office gave McCarthy an ultimatum. Give Aaron Jones all the carries and stop wasting our HOF QB's career with your braindead playcalling or you're gone.

Edited by sSektor

3 minutes ago, sSektor said:

I want to imagine Rodgers and the front office gave McCarthy an ultimatum. Give Aaron Jones all the carries and stop wasting our HOF QB's career with your braindead playcalling.

Just glad it was enough of the alternating series with Williams 

3 hours ago, lvsaint429 said:

I would think he’s no worse than a RB2. I doubt many of us have 2 RB’s better than him

Gordon, Barkley, Mixon. Jones is affording me an opportunity to trade one of those RB's. Likely Barkley, who has a tough schedule ahead.

Jones is primed for a good second half, and I prefer him for the playoffs over Barkley. Good ROS defensive schedule. Not necessarily a lock for a huge workload, but his talent is undeniable and at this point McCarthy would lose his job if Jones doesn't receive more involvement.

Jones is necessary to his team's success, whereas Barkley is pry going to end up on IR or rested in a lost season for the Giants. I'm currently 9-1 and am 100% right like I have been all season.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mmurph20 said:

Jones is necessary to his team's success, whereas Barkley is pry going to end up on IR or rested in a lost season for the Giants. I'm currently 9-1 and am 100% right like I have been all season.

Saving this obscene comment as a copypasta template.

2019 edition preview:

Duke Johnson is necessary to his team's success, whereas Gurley is pry going to end up on IR or rested in a lost season for the Rams. I'm currently 9-1 and am 100% right like I have been all season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Saving this obscene comment as a copypasta template.

2019 edition preview:

Duke Johnson is necessary to his team's success, whereas Gurley is pry going to end up on IR or rested in a lost season for the Rams. I'm currently 9-1 and am 100% right like I have been all season.

Delicious pasta.

I would start saquon against the best defense, over jones against the worst. If jones does this for six games in a row i may change that.

1 minute ago, oban14 said:

I would start saquon against the best defense, over jones against the worst. If jones does this for six games in a row i may change that.

I don't see how anyone in their right mind can think about benching Saquon after seeing what he did against the Eagles. Aaron Jones is electric but he couldn't hold Saquons jock.

• Like 1

Packers fan back here with my analysis again. I was wrong. McCarthy finally figured out how to use him. I traded him but I suggest you all keep him and enjoy your new RB1 that gets 10+ every opportunity he gets damnit why did I trade him???? 

looks good...however, if thats true about what rodgers said (15 carries) then he will just be a rb2. 15 carries is not alot

• Like 1

Ooooohh this is sweet i started him the last 3 weeks i was burned but glad i kept playing him. I think he’s a RB2 ros definitely wouldn’t start him over kamara or someone like Saquan. He looked great running the ball and catching. He always fell forward. This is a player that looks to have that fire in him. That don’t quit attitude that will reward all you that stuck by him. Congrats. I’d still temper the rb 1 talks until he shows he can do it against a tough defense. But i wouldn’t doubt seeing him produce. 

8 hours ago, shakestreet said:

The current usage is fine, I won't argue that.  But being from near Green Bay the taking point has not been keeping Aaron Jones healthy.  It's been that he's been playing since week 4 and he's only now getting proper usage despite immediately showing he is the best back on the team in every category.  Between week 4 and now we've lost several winnable games.  We didn't have a run game for a large stretch there.

So yes mcarthy shouldn't be bashed for the current usage, but taking until week 10 to figure it out deserves some scowls to say the least.

1 hour ago, David Aames said:

looks good...however, if thats true about what rodgers said (15 carries) then he will just be a rb2. 15 carries is not alot

Correct expectations should be high end rb2 rather than locked and loaded rb1.  The defense still sucks and will lead to shoot out games to often.  That being said 15 carries with 2-3 receptions is plenty given his efficiency over his career.

Not sure what his ypc were last night but it seemed like he went ten yards every time he got the ball.