smeeze

Aaron Jones 2018 Outlook

Anyone wanna predict AJ's stat line for tomorrow night?

I'll start:

17/109/1

4/24/0

• Aaron Jones leads the league in rate of runs that result in a first down (39.7 percent) and rate of runs that gain 10 or more yards (24.7 percent) for all backs with 50 or more attempts on the season while ranking second in rate of runs to go for five or more yards (47.9 percent).
  • Seattle allows 41.4 percent of the rushing attempts against them to gain five or more yards, the second-highest rate in the league.
  • Jones leads the league in yards before contact per rushing attempt (3.66 yards).
  • Seattle is allowing 160.3 rushing yards per game at home this season, ahead of only Oakland (170.8).

Just now, jtbgator said:

Anyone wanna predict AJ's stat line for tomorrow night?

I'll start:

17/109/1

4/24/0

• Aaron Jones leads the league in rate of runs that result in a first down (39.7 percent) and rate of runs that gain 10 or more yards (24.7 percent) for all backs with 50 or more attempts on the season while ranking second in rate of runs to go for five or more yards (47.9 percent).
  • Seattle allows 41.4 percent of the rushing attempts against them to gain five or more yards, the second-highest rate in the league.
  • Jones leads the league in yards before contact per rushing attempt (3.66 yards).
  • Seattle is allowing 160.3 rushing yards per game at home this season, ahead of only Oakland (170.8).

16 - 106,  3 for 37 and 1 TD

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

I'd say that's entirely realistic. 

9 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

17/109/1

4/24/0

7 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

On 8/30/2018 at 11:25 AM, KB_IV said:

Aaron Jones is fragile. The Packers know this and will not  put a heavy load on him. He will be strictly a change of pace back upon his return. He will also not be in on passing downs as his blocking is sub par and you know Rodgers will not put up with that. I'd guess 5-8 touches per week for Jones if healthy. Which makes him boom or bust most weeks.

Can we get a wellness check on KB_IV?

Batting average still .000

First few pages of this thread are a goldmine.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

Just a bunch of people trying to convince themselves that they didn't waste a draft pick in Williams. 

29-211-3

9-87-2

And.. GET YOUR AUNT JEMIMA READY...7 pancakes

Book it. I am 9-1 and as always 100% right.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, munde53 said:

Just a bunch of people trying to convince themselves that they didn't waste a draft pick in Williams. 

I wasted multiple draft picks on Williams with the thought process that he seemed the coaching staffs favorite and with Jones suspended he potentially had the ability to look good enough with Rodgers running the show that he'd carve out a role that would be tough for Jones to knock him out of with him fighting Tymont for snaps behind Williams. I don't think it was inherently flawed thinking but it ultimately underestimated just how bad Williams is especially when contrasted with Jones.

Luckily I realized Jones had the most upside of this backfield and drafted him in even more leagues as a later round flier and especially when WIlliams' ADP shot up leading up to the season. Once Williams struggled in his 2 game audition I knew this situation was likely going to be a mess but just held on to Jones knowing he had the talent to emerge as a borderline RB1 if ever given the opportunity. I was thinking that may have come in the form of an injury but turns out it was a trade

On 8/30/2018 at 9:25 AM, KB_IV said:

Aaron Jones is fragile. The Packers know this and will not  put a heavy load on him. He will be strictly a change of pace back upon his return. He will also not be in on passing downs as his blocking is sub par and you know Rodgers will not put up with that. I'd guess 5-8 touches per week for Jones if healthy. Which makes him boom or bust most weeks.

On 8/30/2018 at 10:58 AM, lvsaint429 said:

Totally disagree. He's the most talented, & definitely most explosive of the GB backs. Don't be surprised he he's the lead dog by October, after a couple weeks to settle in after the suspension

Finally...a prediction I was (almost) right on! :D

11 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Finally...a prediction I was (almost) right on! :D

dont break your arm.....lol

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, nosh0t said:

Can we close thread? RB1 ROS.  The end.

Except he is actually a higher end RB2 but can still close the thread :D 

The Packers are still a throwing team despite all the noise about Jones, however if he starts getting 15-18 weekly carries in ARodgers offense, might have to revisit what I just posted and he could sneak into the top 12. 

1 minute ago, Zak0221 said:

Except he is actually a higher end RB2 but can still close the thread :D 

The Packers are still a throwing team despite all the noise about Jones, however if he starts getting 15-18 weekly carries in ARodgers offense, might have to revisit what I just posted and he could sneak into the top 12. 

Unless the Packers are getting completely blown out, it’s tough to imagine Jones not getting at least 15 carries moving forward 

9 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

Unless the Packers are getting completely blown out, it’s tough to imagine Jones not getting at least 15 carries moving forward 

then he may get 13 carries and 7 passes...dude can make moves in the open field once he catches screens and flat passes. I feel real good about him tomorrow. I hate TNF but i gotta roll him out. Could either be a great start to the week...or not.

27 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

Oh at least 15. Maybe 30. Lock for a huge workload, chance to finish #1 rb this year. Book it.

2 hours ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

I'm here. I will face the music. 

It did take almost 75% of the fantasy regular season and a match up against Miami to be able to throw that back in my face though.

Jones is a stud! Williams blows! You are all geniuses for calling Jones' breakout and now I'm eating some crow for being laughably wrong. There! I said it! Best of luck rest of the season guys.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

FTFY :rolleyes:

Aaron Jones is pretty awesome, but awesome enough to score 3 touchdowns on 2 catches? I'll look forward to that :P

10 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

Aaron Jones is pretty awesome, but awesome enough to score 3 touchdowns on 2 catches? I'll look forward to that :P

He's such a stud. I don't see why he can't. :P