My line 

12/44 

1/5 

C’mon man... 

44 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

My line 

12/44 

1/5 

Not sure why you posted half time stats but that’s pretty low.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, griffin727 said:

Aaron Jones is pretty awesome, but awesome enough to score 3 touchdowns on 2 catches? I'll look forward to that :P

Pass to Adams, lateral to Jones for the TD. Adams gets the reception, Jones gets credit for a receiving TD.

• Thanks 2

Thoughts on Jones and 2019? I can select him as a keeper for next season. Will Pack make a run at LeVeon? Will Jones be the RB1 and a 2-3rd round pick next draft?

• Haha 1

Overconfidence. Bad.

Decent chance SEA gets out ahead in this game, pounds the ball, and McCarthy gets stupid and abandons the run.

This game is in Seattle against a better (i.e. non Miami) D. 

Starting Jones but expecting far less than last week that's for sure.

56 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Overconfidence. Bad.

Decent chance SEA gets out ahead in this game, pounds the ball, and McCarthy gets stupid and abandons the run.

This game is in Seattle against a better (i.e. non Miami) D. 

Starting Jones but expecting far less than last week that's for sure.

Seattle gave up 3 rushing tds to Gurley, 77 yards the first go and over 7 yards a carry the second. Over 7 yards a carry to Gordon and zeke.... other than that they haven’t faced much. D Johnson was in a worse offense w a worse OC at the time. They gave up 142 to Lindsay and freeman. Played oak, bears and lions. Decent backs with a good line have prospered. 

They have ave led at the half against Detroit raiders and Dallas. All 3 have s--- qb

Edited by Zekepeak86
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Seattle gave up 3 rushing tds to Gurley, 77 yards the first go and over 7 yards a carry the second. Over 7 yards a carry to Gordon and zeke.... other than that they haven’t faced much. D Johnson was in a worse offense w a worse OC at the time. They gave up 142 to Lindsay and freeman. Played oak, bears and lions. Decent backs with a good line have prospered. 

They have ave led at the half against Detroit raiders and Dallas. All 3 have s--- qb

Yes, the matchup looks solid. SEA is giving up a pretty chunky YPC lately and A. Jones is arguably the YPC king lately. Very, very good matchup.

Still, the game is in Seattle and I could see Seattle taking advantage of the injury riddled GB secondary, getting up on GB, and controlling the game script. Something we haven't seen since A. Jones took over the backfield: In "catchup mode," is A. Jones going to stay on the field and get a bunch of dump offs? I sure hope so.

Expect a good game, but don't expect a repeat of last week where Jones faced dreadful Miami at home.

I posted a month ago in the Jamal Williams thread that his oweners would get fleeced by Aaron’s owners once they figure out that they drafted the wrong RB. I didn’t know it would be after most fantasy trade deadlines! 

30 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Yes, the matchup looks solid. SEA is giving up a pretty chunky YPC lately and A. Jones is arguably the YPC king lately. Very, very good matchup.

Still, the game is in Seattle and I could see Seattle taking advantage of the injury riddled GB secondary, getting up on GB, and controlling the game script. Something we haven't seen since A. Jones took over the backfield: In "catchup mode," is A. Jones going to stay on the field and get a bunch of dump offs? I sure hope so.

Expect a good game, but don't expect a repeat of last week where Jones faced dreadful Miami at home.

So your thinking sometime in the first half Seattle goes up 10-14 points? If they are up 7 points or possibly even 10, that isn't enough of a lead for them to abandon the run. Lets take the LA game. Jones had 12 carries for 86 yards and a TD. Thats good for 7.1 YPC. Seattle and Rams are very very similar statistically speaking against the run. They give up nearly Identical ypc, ypg and Td. Rams offense is much better than Seattles and they didnt really fall too far behind. Id say the Rams are a better overall defense than Seattle though. They have faced much better offenses than the Seahawks

I dont see any chance Jones sees less than 12 carries. Esp if the first series or two he has 5 carries for 30-35 yards. Even that, Rodgers can still throw it and the packers and rodgers are getting more comfortable giving him chances to get in the endzone inside the redzone. His likely hood to score is only getting greater. That Rams game was the start of his statement. I can see 21/122/1, I could also see 14/70/1. I feel Jones is getting in the endzone. We shall find out tonight regardless if packers are behind, they are going to get redzone opportunites.

Good luck all, I need this week bad, and hopefully Jones can start it right. The packers have one of the best lines in football. THey should be able to control the line of scrimmage. I have Jones in over fournette because jags lost their center. Offensive lines are imp, ask James connor.

Edited by Zekepeak86
  • Like 2

Sure seems like A. Jones should be set up for solid production:

From ESPN

Green Bay Packers (at Seattle Seahawks)

A long road trip to Seattle has often been considered a reason to not start many fantasy players, but the Packers' visit to the Pacific Northwest should go a lot better this time around because of their huge blocking matchup edge.

Green Bay ranks fourth in my post-Week 10 overall blocking grades due in large part to their superb run blocking. The Packers rank first in rush yards per carry before first defensive contact (YBCT, 4.2), third in my good blocking rate (GBR) metric that measures how often an offense gives its ball carriers quality run blocking (57.7) and second in my good blocking productivity (GBP) metric that gauges overall rush game production (5.4).

Add that to Aaron Jones' consistently elite marks in my good blocking yards per attempt (GBYPA) metric (a pace that was detailed in my Week 10 fantasy blocking review article) and it makes Jones an RB1 candidate this week. It could also allow Jamaal Williams to be a long shot flex option in deeper leagues.

From Silva's Matchup Column on Rotoworld:

Albeit by the Chargers and Rams’ truly elite running backs, Seattle got ethered for a 35/254/2 (7.26 YPC) rushing line in Weeks 9-10 and will be without WLB K.J. Wright (knee) on Thursday night. There is a case to be made for Green Bay’s rushing attack joining the “elite” echelon, though, with Aaron Jones leading the NFL in yards per carry (6.8) and averaging an absurd 8.1 YPC on first-down runs, when defenses are best equipped to stop him. And he's doing it behind a Green Bay line that ranks top six in yards created before contact per rushing attempt (3.1). In Week 10, Jones set or matched season highs in touches (18), yards (172), touchdowns (2), routes run (23), targets (5), catches (3), and receiving yards (27). He’s making a mad dash toward RB1 value.

• Like 1

It's a seldom reported fact, but this Packers line is blowing defenders off the line and opening huge holes. They are also just athletic enough to get to second level down field and get on smaller guys too. Just finally took that dunce McCarthy so long to utilize the back that could continually get to the second level.

12 hours ago, leebattle said:

Thoughts on Jones and 2019? I can select him as a keeper for next season. Will Pack make a run at LeVeon? Will Jones be the RB1 and a 2-3rd round pick next draft?

tenor.gif

13 hours ago, leebattle said:

I think Bell ends up with the Jets or Raiders. Health permitting & if his trend continues this season, Jones will be the unquestioned #1 in GB next year. I would consider him at worst a high 2nd rounder or $40-50 in an auction

1 hour ago, kyoun1e said:

Sure seems like A. Jones should be set up for solid production:

From ESPN

Green Bay Packers (at Seattle Seahawks)

A long road trip to Seattle has often been considered a reason to not start many fantasy players, but the Packers' visit to the Pacific Northwest should go a lot better this time around because of their huge blocking matchup edge.

Green Bay ranks fourth in my post-Week 10 overall blocking grades due in large part to their superb run blocking. The Packers rank first in rush yards per carry before first defensive contact (YBCT, 4.2), third in my good blocking rate (GBR) metric that measures how often an offense gives its ball carriers quality run blocking (57.7) and second in my good blocking productivity (GBP) metric that gauges overall rush game production (5.4).

Add that to Aaron Jones' consistently elite marks in my good blocking yards per attempt (GBYPA) metric (a pace that was detailed in my Week 10 fantasy blocking review article) and it makes Jones an RB1 candidate this week. It could also allow Jamaal Williams to be a long shot flex option in deeper leagues.

From Silva's Matchup Column on Rotoworld:

Albeit by the Chargers and Rams’ truly elite running backs, Seattle got ethered for a 35/254/2 (7.26 YPC) rushing line in Weeks 9-10 and will be without WLB K.J. Wright (knee) on Thursday night. There is a case to be made for Green Bay’s rushing attack joining the “elite” echelon, though, with Aaron Jones leading the NFL in yards per carry (6.8) and averaging an absurd 8.1 YPC on first-down runs, when defenses are best equipped to stop him. And he's doing it behind a Green Bay line that ranks top six in yards created before contact per rushing attempt (3.1). In Week 10, Jones set or matched season highs in touches (18), yards (172), touchdowns (2), routes run (23), targets (5), catches (3), and receiving yards (27). He’s making a mad dash toward RB1 value.

I feel even better about starting Jones tonight after reading that! ?

1. I'm firing him up but bracing myself for disappointment.

It's not Jones, his talent is undeniable.  I just still don't trust this coaching staff.  McCarthy is the type to come out and call 80% pass plays just to prove a point that he's smarter than the talking heads in the media.

1 minute ago, JJ1223 said:

It's not Jones, his talent is undeniable.  I just still don't trust this coaching staff.  McCarthy is the type to come out and call 80% pass plays just to prove a point that he's smarter than the talking heads in the media.

McCarthy is a moron, but Rodgers himself has said repeatedly they need to get the ball in Jones's hands more often.  It would be in GB's best interests to keep balance to their offense & run clock to keep Wilson off the field at home

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Seahawks are giving up over 6 YPC the last 3 weeks. Jones is averaging 7.5 YPC the last 3 weeks. Our boy is gonna eat.

Edited by Singing in Dwayne
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

Seahawks are giving up over 6 YPC the last 3 weeks. Jones is averaging 7.5 YPC the last 3 weeks. Our boy is gonna eat.

That's ugly.

I hope you're right.

16 hours ago, leebattle said:

If he keeps showing well he'll go in the 2nd or 3rd. I don't see the Packers paying for Bell and I don't see a big FA acquisition either since they tend to build skill positions through the draft. 

4 minutes ago, munde53 said:

If he keeps showing well he'll go in the 2nd or 3rd. I don't see the Packers paying for Bell and I don't see a big FA acquisition either since they tend to build skill positions through the draft. 

defintely 2nd if he finishes the season strong, that hype train will have him pushing the back end of the 1st

16 hours ago, leebattle said:

I think there's zero chance the Pack would go after Bell. First off, they've never paid up for FA RBs, preferring to draft them. Secondly, if McCarthy stops being stupid, they'll see they already have a great RB in house for cheap. 

Edited by Bandito
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, lvsaint429 said:

McCarthy is a moron, but Rodgers himself has said repeatedly they need to get the ball in Jones's hands more often.  It would be in GB's best interests to keep balance to their offense & run clock to keep Wilson off the field at home

Also if you want to avoid a qb injury handing it off is the key. Not throwing 40-50 times.