smeeze

Aaron Jones 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, rabaak said:

And when Rodgers gets killed because Jones couldn't block me, let alone Harrison Smith on a blitz, we might not see Jones for a while again either.

Williams is a good blocker yes, but the narrative that Jones can't pass block (even seen people say he can't catch) is fabricated. Check out his game film from last season, he can catch and he can block. 

• Like 1

We won't know until it happens though I think it's a foregone conclusion that Jones takes the job.  Williams isn't anything special running or catching the ball. If you're hoping his blocking will keep his job in tact, I don't think so.  He'll have to show the he can be productive running the ball because last I checked, that was pretty important for a starting rb.  Jones is the better rb.  Williams has one week to impress, which is unlikely.  

Edited by mikeflavaz

Just now, mikeflavaz said:

We won't know until it happens though I think it's a foregone conclusion that Jones takes the job.  Williams isn't anything special running or catching the ball. If you're hoping his blocking will keep his job in tact, I don't think so.  He'll have to show the he can be productive running the ball because last I checked, that was pretty important for a starting rb.  Jones is the better rb.  Williams has one week to impress, which is pretty unlikely.  

Gonna be tough to prove against that Minnesota D which will help Jones. 

2 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Anyone referring to week 1 is downplaying the entire game.

They were behind the entire 2nd half and throwing constantly. Meanwhile the entire 1st half the offensive line was torn apart by the Bears defense.

^^^^

Given WIlliams is such a good pass blocker, I don't see him ever being phased out. I like Jones as a prospect, but I'm not expecting too much.

This is the last week of his served suspension. How do you guys think he'll fair next week? Automatic timeshare from now? Or will he take over Jamaal Williams?

30 minutes ago, dayvidhong said:

This is the last week of his served suspension. How do you guys think he'll fair next week? Automatic timeshare from now? Or will he take over Jamaal Williams?

I hope to god Jones is taking over.  Williams looks terrible. Can’t wait to drop him and quit rostering both.  Ty Is the dark horse here.  He’s actually looked decent both games.  

I have some shares and wll not be automatically throwing him in the lineup just yet. He is by far the most talented packer rb but I do not think mike mccarthy knows that. This guy last year was by far the best packer rb when healthy when playing with arod when checking the ypc. The cowboys game last year was a thing of beauty. Wiliams has not shown much in past 2 games so Arod going to get some looks next week I would imagine. 

50 minutes ago, ilovepelas said:

He is by far the most talented packer rb but I do not think mike mccarthy knows that.

Agreed ;)

and agreed. :(

2 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

Packers need a spark in the run game, hopefully Jones delivers it.

Yeah, Williams didn't exactly take advantage of his two week head start. 

As a Packers fan, Jones is absolutely a better quick twitch athlete than Williams, but Aaron is basically immobile.  If the coaches don't think he improved at all in the preseason with his blocking, it'll be a 50/50 split at best.  I'm rostering him based on the fact he's definitely the more talented back on the team, and Williams is basically Starks.  MM wants protection and that will tie his hands some.

Edited by ThePerfectBeard

Might take a few weeks for Jones to take over but Williams hasn't done anything to lock up the starting gig

Edited by Guwop

1 hour ago, Bandito said:

Yeah, Williams didn't exactly take advantage of his two week head start. 

In his defense, both games were against good Ds.   And last week, he was game scripted out pretty quickly.

That being said, I had both but dropped Jones last week.  I’ve got Jones and hopefully he gets the job.

But even if Williams starts the whole year, I don’t think he’s worth rostering.   Unfortunately, the one thing he excels at doesn’t provide any FF value.

Right now none of the RBs are worth using unless they start scoring TDs. Rodgers is content airing it out to all the receivers and Graham.

Did anyone get that roto blurb about how Williams is basically the guy in GB? Too funny 

4 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Did anyone get that roto blurb about how Williams is basically the guy in GB? Too funny 

He is the guy though. At least until he isn't.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, devaster said:

Right now none of the RBs are worth using unless they start scoring TDs. Rodgers is content airing it out to all the receivers and Graham.

Yeah I'm not telling him into my starting lineups this week but I'll sit on him for a while yet and see how things shake out.  Like I said GB needs something more in their running game than what they had the last two weeks.

18 hours ago, devaster said:

2 games against 2 good front 7s.  a bit early to draw that conclusion. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, K197040 said:

In his defense, both games were against good Ds.   And last week, he was game scripted out pretty quickly.

That being said, I had both but dropped Jones last week.  I’ve got Jones and hopefully he gets the job.

But even if Williams starts the whole year, I don’t think he’s worth rostering.   Unfortunately, the one thing he excels at doesn’t provide any FF value.

He had 19 touches which is four more than he had in week 1. His 16 carries in week 2 were tied for 7th most by a running back in week 2 (prior to Monday Night) and I'm willing to bet his 19 total touches is in the top 10 for running backs as well. 

He was not game scripted out, his usage was there, he just isn't good. 

1 hour ago, urban2014 said:

When he continually does that, with a banged up Rodgers, he is. He's not coming off the field much for two guys that are adequate at best in pass pro. Jones is the best runner though; no disputing that.

• Like 2