smeeze

Aaron Jones 2018 Outlook

You can totally trade a top RB like Barkley or Gordon away for an elite WR, and put Aaron Jones in that RB spot. You'll get more points. Beyond that, Jones is on a good offense with a growing and important role..necessary to his team's success as they chase a playoff spot.

Compare that to Barkley...he is the most important piece on his offense, but at risk of being shut down bc since G Men are going nowhere. Compare it to Gordon...he might be getting some rest or splitting more carries with Ekelar, since his team will likely be interested in keeping him healthy for the playoffs.

I look 110% right at this point!

Edited by mmurph20
  • Like 1

Just now, mmurph20 said:

You can totally trade a top RB like Barkley or Gordon away for an elite WR, and put Aaron Jones in that RB spot. You'll get more points. Beyond that, Jones is on a good offense with a growing and important...necessary to his team's success as they chase a playoff spot.

Compare that to Barkley...he is the most important piece on his offense, but at risk of being shut down bc since G Men are going nowhere. Compare it to Gordon...he might be getting some rest or splitting more carries with Ekelar, since his team will likely be interested in keeping him healthy for the playoffs.

GB about to go into tank mode soon and play like zombies in meaningless games for a lame duck coach. 

• Like 1

Just now, Zak0221 said:

GB about to go into tank mode soon and play like zombies in meaningless games for a lame duck coach. 

They are? And the Giants wouldn't?

10 minutes ago, mmurph20 said:

No, but Saquon Barkley is one RB. i said his rb spot moron!

Aaron Jones is also one RB last I checked. If you have 3 study RBs why wouldn't you start all 3?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mmurph20 said:

They are? And the Giants wouldn't?

You think Rodgers will continue to try hard for MM? If they lose next week could see a lot of bad GB games after.

Edited by Zak0221
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mmurph20 said:

Compare that to Barkley...he is the most important piece on his offense, but at risk of being shut down bc since G Men are going nowhere

Because that's happened so many times this year...oh, wait.

Yes, you are right in that you can trade away Saquon for a top-tier WR...congratulations, I guess?  But I'll take the two stud RB's every time and walk into the championship.

2 minutes ago, mmurph20 said:

You should DEFINITELY trade an elite RB for a position(s) of need if you can replace them with Jones.

Saquon is the number 6 RB in 0.5 PPR.  Julio Jones is the number 6 WR.  

Make that trade and come find me after Week 16.

Just now, mmurph20 said:

Well, in my case in my keeper league, I habe Gordon, Barkley, and Mixon. And Jones. So I guess I'm in an enviable position but that comes with the territory of being smarter than other people.

You sound: 1) really obsessed with Aaron Jones; and 2) sadly obsessed with proving how smart you are to random strangers on an Internet forum. 

Good luck with all that - I’ll come back here another time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

You think Rodgers will continue to try hard for MM? If they lose next week could see a lot of back GB games after.

When. FIFY.

14 minutes ago, mmurph20 said:

You can totally trade a top RB like Barkley or Gordon away for an elite WR, and put Aaron Jones in that RB spot. You'll get more points. Beyond that, Jones is on a good offense with a growing and important role..necessary to his team's success as they chase a playoff spot.

I am nearly certain the Redskins will not win the NFC East; they may not win another game looking at their schedule, tho they could beat the Giants. The Giants are 2 games behind the Cowboys and Eagles who are more likely to win the division in my opinion than the Skins. All that to say, the Giants still have something to play for.

14 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Because that's happened so many times this year...oh, wait.

Yes, you are right in that you can trade away Saquon for a top-tier WR...congratulations, I guess?  But I'll take the two stud RB's every time and walk into the championship.

He's right period. He's 9-1 in his college buddy league that everyone cares about. Don't question it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, timexsocialclub said:

I am nearly certain the Redskins will not win the NFC East; they may not win another game looking at their schedule, tho they could beat the Giants. The Giants are 2 games behind the Cowboys and Eagles who are more likely to win the division in my opinion than the Skins. All that to say, the Giants still have something to play for.

Plus Shurmur is prolly coaching for his job. Even if they miss the playoffs, he’s going to want to put in a good effort every game. I’m not sure he’s a lame duck coach. They might give him another year. After all, it is his first year...

• Like 1

Great game from Jones! Every time he touched the ball he was explosive. 

Bad coaching and play calling. They went away from the run and lost the tempo of the game. They’ll definitely look back to this game as one that got away from them. If this keeps up i find it hard to believe the coaching staff stays the same. 

There is no creativity. Man what i wouldn’t give to have a coach like mcvay on The packers 

• Like 1

The worry with Jones is the coaching. While he’s put up two beast games in a row, man I’d be nervous with him as my RB2 in a one and done playoff. 

McCarthy is a total fool. We saw Seattle stick to their guns and win while Green Bay abandoned the run like it doesn’t exist. This is with them having a lead. I wouldn’t be shocked if that excuse for a coach found himself down early and Jones ends with 5 carries.

Let’s get away from the guy who carried us in the first half.

Let's just hope they win next week so they don't tank and our newly minted RB1 stops being utilized.

That said, why do they keep McCarthy? Wtf?

Edited by Sticky2

I think another problem was Rodgers was literally looking for adams almost every play... other people were open

I don’t get what Rodgers problem is. They kept showing his face after every time he threw a garbage uncatchable pass and he was all shaking his head like a jag that they didn’t go-go-gadget-arms and catch it before it bounced six feet in front of them. His body language was BS towards his teammates and it was invariably his fault every time. When did this guy become such a prima donna d!ck?

• Thanks 3

Didn’t think MM would ever fully go away from the committee. Congrats to you and whoever else held!

Like most of you, I watched last night's game and was amazed at the lack of usage for Jones in the second half (even despite being very aware of McCarthy's inexplicable coaching). 

In the first half, Jones had 7 rush attempts for 27 yards, 3 catches for 61 yards, and 2 TD's. GB was ahead 21-17 headed to halftime.

In the second half, Jones had 4 rush attempts for 13 yards, and 2 catches for 2 yards. GB didn't score another TD and lost.

(Jones did also have an 18 yard rush in the second half, that was called back due to a penalty)

It just made no sense. The game script was there to utilize Jones. Their best drive of the game was in the first half, when they passed to Jones 3 times and were able to take the lead. But instead, they barely use him in the second half. It's not like he was getting negative rushes in the second half either (his rushes went for 2, 0, 7, 4 yards). And as many of you noted, he was wide open on several plays in the passing game, but Rodgers ignored him. It truly was bizarre.

With all that said, if somebody said before the game that he would get 103 total yards, 5 catches, and 2 TD's, we certainly would have signed up for that...and that's what we got :) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Corleone said:

Like most of you, I watched last night's game and was amazed at the lack of usage for Jones in the second half (even despite being very aware of McCarthy's inexplicable coaching). 

In the first half, Jones had 7 rush attempts for 27 yards, 3 catches for 61 yards, and 2 TD's. GB was ahead 21-17 headed to halftime.

In the second half, Jones had 4 rush attempts for 13 yards, and 2 catches for 2 yards. GB didn't score another TD and lost.

(Jones did also have an 18 yard rush in the second half, that was called back due to a penalty)

It just made no sense. The game script was there to utilize Jones. Their best drive of the game was in the first half, when they passed to Jones 3 times and were able to take the lead. But instead, they barely use him in the second half. It's not like he was getting negative rushes in the second half either (his rushes went for 2, 0, 7, 4 yards). And as many of you noted, he was wide open on several plays in the passing game, but Rodgers ignored him. It truly was bizarre.

With all that said, if somebody said before the game that he would get 103 total yards, 5 catches, and 2 TD's, we certainly would have signed up for that...and that's what we got :) 

Agree to an extent. But Seattle’s D had a lot to do with play calling in the 2nd half. Hawks had 5 sacks last night. Pocket collapsed often, Rodgers hurried a ton.

6 minutes ago, Corleone said:

Bitter taste that he got 22 in the first half. ?

7 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Agree to an extent. But Seattle’s D had a lot to do with play calling in the 2nd half. Hawks had 5 sacks last night. Pocket collapsed often, Rodgers hurried a ton.

But if the opposing team has a solid pass rush, you would think GB would say "let's utilize the running game" and "let's throw quick passes to Jones when he's wide-open, before the pocket has completely collapsed". 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, FUM said:

Bitter taste that he got 22 in the first half. ?

It certainly could have been a monster game. But in both leagues I have him (one with .25 PPR and one with 1 point PPR), he almost doubled his projection, so I'm trying not to be greedy.