smeeze

Aaron Jones 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, Corleone said:

But if the opposing team has a solid pass rush, you would think GB would say "let's utilize the running game" and "let's throw quick passes to Jones when he's wide-open, before the pocket has completely collapsed". 

I hear ya. But Rodgers was laser focused on Adams.

All.

Night.

Long.

Lionel Richie?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Corleone said:

But if the opposing team has a solid pass rush, you would think GB would say "let's utilize the running game" and "let's throw quick passes to Jones when he's wide-open, before the pocket has completely collapsed". 

Amongst other options...yes.    Rodgers had open guys short almost every pass play and he just didn’t see them.   Poor performance- he was throwing tantrums all night.   If you don’t trust WRs to make simple 5-8 yard receptions...they shouldn’t be on the field.  

• Like 4

Just now, Impreza178 said:

Amongst other options...yes.    Rodgers had open guys short almost every pass play and he just didn’t see them.   Poor performance- he was throwing tantrums all night.   If you don’t trust WRs to make simple 5-8 yard receptions...they shouldn’t be on the field.  

Yeah I'm hoping the QB coach or someone sits him down and points out all the dump-off's he could have taken.  Dump to an elite RB like this and there is a good chance he can make someone miss.  Do like Brady does just pass it 1-2 yards to White and let him generate all your passing yards after the catch.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, lla887 said:

Good game for Rogers fantasy wise but bad footballwise.  He choked when they needed him which is the opposite of the Rogers we are used to

9 hours ago, Bish0p said:

Did you watch the game? Or did you just check the box score? Honest question.

I was responding to the following post

9 hours ago, Bish0p said:

Solid game by Jones IN SPITE of McCarthy/Rodgers.  Imagine if he had a competent coach and a QB that wasn’t slumping.

"Oh imagine if aaron jones didn't have to play with the burdensome rodgers"

get some perspective guys. aaron jones has a generational qb in the backfield with him. and you are complaining about it.

wow it really sucks that the RB i drafted in the middle rounds is blowing up and has to deal with having arguably the greatest qb of his generation 

Edited by Cotton Jones
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cotton Jones said:

I was responding to the following post

"Oh imagine if aaron jones didn't have to play with the burdensome rodgers"

get some perspective guys. aaron jones has a generational qb in the backfield with him. and you are complaining about it.

wow it really sucks that the RB i drafted in the middle rounds is blowing up and has to deal with having arguably the greatest qb of his generation 

Rodgers had a bad game. It impacted all but 2 players on the GB offense. Why can't we complain about the supposed "greatest QB of his generation" having a bad game? 

The "greatest" didn't look like the "greatest" last night, and hasn't all season. 

Edited by oliminator123
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Rodgers had a bad game. It impacted all but 2 players on the GB offense. Why can't we complain about the supposed "greatest QB of his generation" having a bad game? 

The "greatest" didn't look like the "greatest" last night, and hasn't all season. 

how would aaron jones statlines look if rodgers had torn his acl against the bears instead of spraining it?

10 minutes ago, Cotton Jones said:

how would aaron jones statlines look if rodgers had torn his acl against the bears instead of spraining it?

We probably wouldve saw all those check downs and had 30 points but adams wouldve had 8 targets for 60 yards lol

• Like 2

His usage will likely NEVER make him elite. BUT if his efficiency remains high then there's no reason to think he can't be a low end #1 moving forward. Reminds me a lot of Kamara early last year. 

3 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Did Rodgers ever advocate for Lacy to get more carries?

No. But he did advocate for more cheeseburgers for him. ?

He had 20 fantasy points at the half and I thought he would have a monster day. Didnt happen

1 minute ago, pdizzle710 said:

No. But he did advocate for more cheeseburgers for him. ?

Lol. Very telling. Could be watching a Star emerge. Don’t own him anywhere but he now has my attention.

40 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

Zeke has scored 20+ in standard only 2 times this season.  Jones had 20 at halftime.  

So? 

Does your league only use first half stats? 

Agree Rodgers missed several open players... then complained at them like their fault when he did throw it... when he's wrong he's right:blink:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

He had 20 fantasy points at the half and I thought he would have a monster day. Didnt happen

He had a monster day.  His 24.8 half-PPR points would have been RB6 in Week 8, RB8 in Week 9, and RB9 in Week 10.  This will almost certainly be a top-10 finish once everyone else goes.

He easily could have had the RB1-overall finish if Rodgers had looked his way more often in the second half, but this game cemented his status as an RB1.

So I guess I was right to question his usage.  Thankfully he saved our butts with the two TDs.

Best thing to me was the increased usage in the passing game.  I don't think any of us really expected that but IMO is huge.  That gives him a safer floor even if McCarthy keeps trying to torpedo Jones/the Packers season.  It also shows Rodgers is really dedicated to keeping him involved.  Plus he showed some decent receiving skills specifically on his TD reception.  It was a long rec by RB standards and he was covered decently but showed great concentration to complete the process.

• Like 1

Couldn't be happier with last night's performance. Increased usage in the passing game a pleasant surprise and hope it sticks.

That said, it's like McCarthy still doesn't get it. GB had a golden opportunity to open the 2nd half. Continue running the ball, start controlling the game. I don't have the playcalling in front of me, but it sure seemed like Rodgers kept dropping back to pass every time and there were numerous three and outs. 

And not one screen pass called.

This coach is a dummy. Pure and simple. And next week's MN matchup is going to be tough. Would like A. Jones to be a "must start" no matter what the matchup but I'm not sure he's there understanding the above.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

So I guess I was right to question his usage.  Thankfully he saved our butts with the two TDs.

Best thing to me was the increased usage in the passing game.  I don't think any of us really expected that but IMO is huge.  That gives him a safer floor even if McCarthy keeps trying to torpedo Jones/the Packers season.  It also shows Rodgers is really dedicated to keeping him involved.  Plus he showed some decent receiving skills specifically on his TD reception.  It was a long rec by RB standards and he was covered decently but showed great concentration to complete the process.

Strange considering he received all but 2 carries and had 5 receptions- second on the team.  

This game answered any questions I had about his usage.   He’s now the 3 down workhorse and rb1 is right there for the taking.  

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

Strange considering he received all but 2 carries and had 5 receptions- second on the team.  

This game answered any questions I had about his usage.   He’s now the 3 down workhorse and rb1 is right there for the taking.  

Right, he is absolutely the lead back.  No question there.  My point is that they ran the ball 12 times (not counting Rodgers 1 attempt) in a game that was competitive literally from buzzer to buzzer.  Realistically they should have run the ball 20+ times with Jones getting 15+ of those.  That's the usage I'm concerned with, not him vs. other RBs.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Did Rodgers ever advocate for Lacy to get more carries?

No, but Lacy was a high draft pick and was never competing with other RBs for touches. His conditioning is what did him in after the first couple seasons.

4 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Right, he is absolutely the lead back.  No question there.  My point is that they ran the ball 12 times (not counting Rodgers 1 attempt) in a game that was competitive literally from buzzer to buzzer.  Realistically they should have run the ball 20+ times with Jones getting 15+ of those.  That's the usage I'm concerned with, not him vs. other RBs.

16 touches though....I’m not going to assume that’s his cap by any means.    Agreed though they should have run the ball more period.    

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Not to nitpick but you can't be considered a workhorse until the team actually leans on you to close out games. He's a 3 down back now.....a step in the right direction. Gurley, Hunt, Conner, Barkley, Gordon, Zeke for example.....those are workhorses. They are entirely script proof

Just now, Joe Odam said:

Not to nitpick but you can't be considered a workhorse until the team actually leans on you to close out games. He's a 3 down back now.....a step in the right direction. Gurley, Hunt, Conner, Barkley, Gordon, Zeke for example.....those are workhorses. They are entirely script proof

Disagree-  you’re a 3 down workhorse when you dominate touches in both facets of the offense. That doesn’t make you an elite rb1 or the focal point of the offense late in games necessarily...that is out of his hands.