Rotoworld.com Forums

Aaron Jones 2018 Outlook

smeeze

12 minutes ago, devaster said:

No, but Lacy was a high draft pick and was never competing with other RBs for touches. His conditioning is what did him in after the first couple seasons.

hmm, I wonder what good ole Lacy looks like these days ...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

Disagree-  you’re a 3 down workhorse when you dominate touches in both facets of the offense. That doesn’t make you an elite rb1 or the focal point of the offense late in games necessarily...that is out of his hands.   

fair compromise 

1 hour ago, Corleone said:

But if the opposing team has a solid pass rush, you would think GB would say "let's utilize the running game" and "let's throw quick passes to Jones when he's wide-open, before the pocket has completely collapsed". 

I kept screaming for a screen play! Gosh, I love McCarthy.

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

Disagree-  you’re a 3 down workhorse when you dominate touches in both facets of the offense. That doesn’t make you an elite rb1 or the focal point of the offense late in games necessarily...that is out of his hands.   

I disagree with your disagree to an extent. I wasn't high on Aaron Jones early in the season, but I quickly dropped all shares on Williams noticing it was never going to happen. The RBBC is mostly gone. He may not be seeing 20+ touches feature back, but not many RB's do in the entire NFL these days. He is the 3-down RB for the Packers now. He is seeing early down carries, receptions, work at the GL, and 3rd down work. They trust him now.

Rodgers will always skew the statistics towards the passing attack. So 15-18 touches is probably Aaron Jones' ceiling in this offense. But that is 80-90% of the RB touches. And he is in a high scoring offense with Rodgers. He isn't script proof, but he is in Mixon's territory now.

4 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Perhaps Aaron Rodgers realized that Aaron Jones was talking with his family during halftime

Yeah you're right.  Danica probably messed around with the wrong Aaron, and Rodgers got pissed.

6 minutes ago, devaster said:

I disagree with your disagree to an extent. I wasn't high on Aaron Jones early in the season, but I quickly dropped all shares on Williams noticing it was never going to happen. The RBBC is mostly gone. He may not be seeing 20+ touches feature back, but not many RB's do in the entire NFL these days. He is the 3-down RB for the Packers now. He is seeing early down carries, receptions, work at the GL, and 3rd down work. They trust him now.

Rodgers will always skew the statistics towards the passing attack. So 15-18 touches is probably Aaron Jones' ceiling in this offense. But that is 80-90% of the RB touches. And he is in a high scoring offense with Rodgers. He isn't script proof, but he is in Mixon's territory now.

K.... so where’s the part you disagree with?  Lol

1 minute ago, TTo34 said:

Yeah you're right.  Danica probably messed around with the wrong Aaron, and Rodgers got pissed.

I meant Aaron Jones family...Since Aaron doesnt want to talk with his

4 hours ago, TheForearmShiver said:

I don’t get what Rodgers problem is. They kept showing his face after every time he threw a garbage uncatchable pass and he was all shaking his head like a jag that they didn’t go-go-gadget-arms and catch it before it bounced six feet in front of them. His body language was BS towards his teammates and it was invariably his fault every time. When did this guy become such a prima donna d!ck?

he's been a little bit of primadonna dick for a while now. I think he kind of sort of always was.  He's always been a blame deflector and a guy who points at teammates like he's infallible.  I think the guy is great but personality wise it's obvious he's kind of an insecure dick who rarely takes accountability.

It was just less noticeable before because he was having team/individual success and still making the playoffs.

It's just intensifying as the Packers become more mediocre/bad by the year.  Him and McCarthy have had a crumbling relationship the past 2-3 years.  So the negative traits have intensified/become more noticeable as the Packers have gotten worse.

3 hours ago, Corleone said:

But if the opposing team has a solid pass rush, you would think GB would say "let's utilize the running game" and "let's throw quick passes to Jones when he's wide-open, before the pocket has completely collapsed". 

Or at the very least, a "GOAT" QB like Rodgers would dictate that, right?  Check to some runs or hot routes.

6 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Was drinking little to much last night and don't remember the second half.  But how does jones only get 6 touches second half when GB was up most of the game??  Just doesn't make any sense.

Making no sense does kind of make sense...no?

scary thing is points were actually left on the table when Rodgers failed to convert the 3rd down with a bad pass in the 4th quarter.  with plenty of time left in that game Jones would have had at least a few more touches as they tried to get into the end zone

1 minute ago, urban2014 said:

Green Bay should have won that game . Blame Aaron Rodgers,  Blame McCarty, because this was something else 

GB shoulda won Minny game, GB shoulda won Rams game, GB shoulda won this game.... ( they likely wouldn't have won Pats game no matter what)

Yeah, MM is donezo.

4 hours ago, shakestreet said:

So? 

Does your league only use first half stats? 

With all due respect, you missed my point. At least several posters expressed disappointment with Jones’ final point total.  I’m just saying that 20+ out of an RB2 is amazing considering that a guy like Zeke has only done it twice this season. 

I still can't believe they didn't go for it on fourth down. I mean you have Aaron Rodgers as your QB facing a 4th and 2, down by 3, with 4 minutes left. If you don't make it, you can still hold to a field goal and have a chance to win. 

1 minute ago, griffin727 said:

I still can't believe they didn't go for it on fourth down. I mean you have Aaron Rodgers as your QB facing a 4th and 2, down by 3, with 4 minutes left. If you don't make it, you can still hold to a field goal and have a chance to win. 

Agree

It was also strange seeing Rodgers trot off the field w/out making a big stink about it. Just weird....sort of a look of acceptance that this team just doesn't have it.

11 hours ago, meverett85 said:

Agree

It was also strange seeing Rodgers trot off the field w/out making a big stink about it. Just weird....sort of a look of acceptance that this team just doesn't have it.

Well it's easy to trot away to your millions at home. Being the highest paid QB in the league allows you this luxury. Trot, trot ,trot. Either way, im proud to be an Aaron Jones owner, even if the other Aaron rather lose than share the spotlight with who would've been the MVP of the game if Rodgers would've passed to him for his 3rd TD 

23 hours ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

With all due respect, you missed my point. At least several posters expressed disappointment with Jones’ final point total.  I’m just saying that 20+ out of an RB2 is amazing considering that a guy like Zeke has only done it twice this season. 

Yeah, yo should never complain once your non QB player hits the 20 point mark, IMO.  The great thing from this game is that his usual ground efficiency wasn't there, but he still put up 20 plus.

23 hours ago, meverett85 said:

Agree

Isn't that what we're used to seeing from him, though?  He's either the hero and doing his championship belt celebration, or he has a blank stare and no emotion whatsoever.

On 11/16/2018 at 2:08 PM, griffin727 said:

I was in awe at the coaching decision there. McCarthy truly is the worst coach in football. They had 1 TO left. 1 first down give up and the game was over. 

3 hours ago, biggquis said:

Yeah, yo should never complain once your non QB player hits the 20 point mark, IMO.  The great thing from this game is that his usual ground efficiency wasn't there, but he still put up 20 plus.

Isn't that what we're used to seeing from him, though?  He's either the hero and doing his championship belt celebration, or he has a blank stare and no emotion whatsoever.

I disagree. It’s not like Gurley where he’s trying to win the game. This is Jones getting 20 points at the half and if the coaching was not horrible and if Rodgers would actually take the open checkdown, Jones SHOULD have had a much bigger day. We’re complaing about those two things which are valid complaints.

One other comment....it seems like the defense had no respect for Rodgers' running ability right now. They would show overhead footage during replays and if the Packers had their wide outs going up the field or into the flats, there were zero defenders in the middle of the field/near the box. 

Arod seems reluctant to run and the defense is keying on that. Seemed he could have picked a lane up the middle and picked up an easy 8 yards before needing to slide. As we also noticed, he seems unwilling to take the 5 yard gimmes that he could get with check downs to the RB.

A really poor game from him.

Archived