Rotoworld.com Forums

Aaron Jones 2018 Outlook

smeeze

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, lavaman said:

Top 5 RB the rest of the way? Top 10?

Gurley, kamara, Gordon, Hunt, Elliot, Barkley, White, Johnson, Mixon, and Fournette. That's already 10 guys I rather have ROS. Jones is a very good player but his coach is going to hold him back significantly. Don't get me wrong, he will still be valuable just not nearly as valuable as he should. 

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Gurley, kamara, Gordon, Hunt, Elliot, Barkley, White, Johnson, Mixon, and Fournette. That's already 10 guys I rather have ROS. Jones is a very good player but his coach is going to hold him back significantly. Don't get me wrong, he will still be valuable just not nearly as valuable as he should. 

Mid put Conner in that group too.  Maybe Jones ahead of White and Mixon

7 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I wasn’t finding every RB better than him. I was proving he isn’t top 10.

*proving*

I would take Jones over a few of those guys personally. The two games he's played significant reps have been monster games and plenty of points were left on the table. 

3 minutes ago, kball09 said:

*proving*

I would take Jones over a few of those guys personally. The two games he's played significant reps have been monster games and plenty of points were left on the table. 

Agreed.  I'm taking him over White and Fournette, for sure.  And possibly DJ and Mixon as well.

3 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Agreed.  I'm taking him over White and Fournette, for sure.  And possibly DJ and Mixon as well.

White and Fournette for sure. I would have him right around DJ and Mixon. Both of their schedules are nice during the FF playoffs. If your playoffs start week 14, the matchup against Atlanta is very juicy and he could end up winning people the week like Chubb did last week.

3 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

3 hours ago, Bob69024 said:

White and Fournette for sure. I would have him right around DJ and Mixon. Both of their schedules are nice during the FF playoffs. If your playoffs start week 14, the matchup against Atlanta is very juicy and he could end up winning people the week like Chubb did last week.

Yeah... How about no.

11 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Yeah... How about no.

So you think White and Fournette both our score Jones rest of season? Fournette and his 2.2ypc and balky hamstring? And White with Burkhead coming back and Michele handling all the running plays? Man I wish I could place a bet on that with you, because it’s not happening.

5 minutes ago, KN033118 said:

Anybody worried about firing him up this week? After seeing the Vikings game Sunday, a little nervous not gonna lie, being a Thursday game too.

It's the Sunday night game, but yes....I'm a bit anxious. With that said it's a HUGE bonus that it's inside and not out in the elements vs that defense.

18 minutes ago, KN033118 said:

Anybody worried about firing him up this week? After seeing the Vikings game Sunday, a little nervous not gonna lie, being a Thursday game too.

Yeah, I'm worried.  We're definitely not getting another 25-30 point ceiling game this week.  The Vikings D swallowed up both Howard and Cohen, the latter of which is especially concerning given how Jones bailed us out with his receiving chops last week.  In the Vikings-Bears game, Howard got 18 carries for 63 yards and Cohen caught 3 balls for 23 yards.  So even if you say Aaron Jones would combine their roles and get 21 touches (his season high is 18, when he went nuts), we could be looking at a 90-yard-0-TD game.

Rodgers > Trubisky and Jones > Howard between the tackles, but I don't know, feels like even high volume will yield mediocre results and we're banking on a big play.

Just now, Zekepeak86 said:

Im with you, but i have gordon, barkley and fournette in thats why lol. Minn is a great run d, and idk if 12-15 touches will be enough.

Yeah, I don’t see a lot of volume although goal line chances should be there. Like you, all I have to is play my two best, I can use my WR (Golladay) as my flex.

chubb, Mack, or White I feel better about over Jones. 

8 minutes ago, Power-O said:

last week showed us...he will get passes....i wouldnt be surprised if we see more of that going forward....hope mccarthy watched the saints game last week

If he/Rodgers watches the tape he will see the 4-5 times when Rodgers got hit and sacked he could of checked down to jones. 

contrarian take:

No matter how good Minny's run D is they are not going to put 8 guys in the box to stop Jones. In fact, per next gen stats he faces the 4th fewest 8 man fronts in the league. They will sell out to stop Rodgers and Jones may in fact be the beneficiary  

Archived