Rotoworld.com Forums

Aaron Jones 2018 Outlook

smeeze

10 hours ago, Asapjoshy said:

Who are some RBS value wise you’d play over Jones. And some you’d play Jones over ? For value sake this week

I am contemplating Justin Jackson if Eck and Gordon are out just based on the Bears D and I worry Jones might be in line for 60 yards and 3-4 catches only

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't get too cute on Jones, I'll say that much. You're not crazy for sitting him with what they did with Gurley, i concede that, and for what they've done all season for that matter. But he's been too productive, and basically has somewhat emerged as the no2 receiving threat behind Adams, especially in a game like this where a fierce pass rush needs to be neutralized - enter dumps to Jones.

You better have some really good options if you have the guts to sit him. Jones is too good in reality, think twice before you let him burn a hole on your bench.

I'm torn on Jones this week. Bears have been elite vs RB this year...Week 1 in GB they allowed 17 rushes for 54 yards and 2 receptions for 21 to Ty and Williams. There have been a few exceptions, Pats, Dolphins, Giants and Lions all had good games and gave up solid stats to backs, specifically through the air. I'm leaning towards other options like Samuels/Miller/Less than 100% Conner.

How do those who have both Jones and the Bears def looking at this match up.  Hard to sit bears def, but i hate playing my rbs against my def.  Only other options are Michelle,Ingram,Dixon.  tough week, especially being so high on Jones and Bears for the last 6 or so weeks

19 minutes ago, CrimsonGhost said:

How do those who have both Jones and the Bears def looking at this match up.  Hard to sit bears def, but i hate playing my rbs against my def.  Only other options are Michelle,Ingram,Dixon.  tough week, especially being so high on Jones and Bears for the last 6 or so weeks

I doubt I would play AJones v. Bears.  Did Gurley do much?  Only the GREAT SAQUON RAN through these guys....but he is the best RBin the NFL period. 

22 minutes ago, CrimsonGhost said:

It's certainly a conundrum to play players against your own defense.  But in fantasy, you have to play your best players, regardless of matchup, unless you have other good options.  I wouldn't sit Jones just because he's playing your defense.  But maybe for peace of mind, perhaps you can pick up a streaming defense for this week.  Maybe a one week rental with Atl, who has a great matchup against the cards.  Buffalo, Tennessee, Washington are also good streaming defenses this week.

1 hour ago, Ticklefight said:

I'm torn on Jones this week. Bears have been elite vs RB this year...Week 1 in GB they allowed 17 rushes for 54 yards and 2 receptions for 21 to Ty and Williams. There have been a few exceptions, Pats, Dolphins, Giants and Lions all had good games and gave up solid stats to backs, specifically through the air. I'm leaning towards other options like Samuels/Miller/Less than 100% Conner.

Same here. Torn on Jones (have Ware and will try and add Williams tomorrow). But KC backs seem so risky this week. Someone earlier posted that Rodgers should be scrambling around a ton due to CHI pass rush. So hopefully those will mean more dump offs to Jones. For that reason, I will likely stick with Jones.

45 minutes ago, CrimsonGhost said:

11 minutes ago, nbay23 said:

It's certainly a conundrum to play players against your own defense.  But in fantasy, you have to play your best players, regardless of matchup, unless you have other good options.  I wouldn't sit Jones just because he's playing your defense.  But maybe for peace of mind, perhaps you can pick up a streaming defense for this week.  Maybe a one week rental with Atl, who has a great matchup against the cards.  Buffalo, Tennessee, Washington are also good streaming defenses this week.

I have Jones and CHI D and don't really care. I don't normally look at that. I tend to just start the guys that got me here. DST points are usually most generated by sacks and turnovers anyway. PA doesn't negate much.

Sitting him for either Cohen or DJ.  Jones could still produce solid #'s but that requires a TD and probably a handful of catches.  He's a great runner, but I think the Bears are just too much.  

12 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

Sitting him for either Cohen or DJ.  Jones could still produce solid #'s but that requires a TD and probably a handful of catches.  He's a great runner, but I think the Bears are just too much.  

For DJ?  Ok

11 hours ago, mikeflavaz said:

gross

On 12/10/2018 at 1:51 PM, griffin727 said:

I think we have established that based on one game we really don't know if there is or not. Williams started the game and played more snaps in the first half. The reasoning we have no idea. I'd like to believe Philbin suddenly realized Williams is a JAG and he should be playing Jones but do we really know?

nothing was established, all there is, is conjecture based on the fact that Williams started, which could be for any number of reasons that people outside the team won't know about

16 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

So whats everyone doing this weekend? Massive struggle trying to decide jones from Jackson and ware.

Read above where your comment is, as there are many takes on Jones listed in the last several pages...and don't think about Ware (he's doubtful for tonight). 

1 minute ago, jtbgator said:

I’m rolling with Jones at my flex. PPR, hoping for a few catches and dump offs from Rodgers to offset CHI pass rush. I can see 50 yards rushing, 30-40 receiving.

And a 50% chance at a TD.

Starting with confidence just tempering expectations.

2 minutes ago, munde53 said:

And a 50% chance at a TD.

Starting with confidence just tempering expectations.

Agree. Will for sure get GL carries. I know CHI D is tough, but he’s always a threat to bust one on talent alone. Plus I think game script is in his favor. I don’t see CHI going up big forcing GB to abandon the run.

8 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Agree. Will for sure get GL carries. I know CHI D is tough, but he’s always a threat to bust one on talent alone. Plus I think game script is in his favor. I don’t see CHI going up big forcing GB to abandon the run.

This. But i think i have to roll Justin Jackson out if gordon sits. I almost hope they list gordon as active so i dont have to chase some points with jackson and lose out on playing Jones. I could see Jones getting somewhere along the lines of 14/60/.4 3/30/.2 Pretty close to what I feel jackson may do.

40 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

So whats everyone doing this weekend? Massive struggle trying to decide jones from Jackson and ware.

flexing. 15-20 touches with a chance of TD as always.  always a threat to take one to house.  If Green Bay stays with run aaron jones will have a couple of big plays.  I read a stat he's faced the lowest percentage of stacked boxes in the NFL( due to Rodgers).  Should be running room.

4 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

This. But i think i have to roll Justin Jackson out if gordon sits. I almost hope they list gordon as active so i dont have to chase some points with jackson and lose out on playing Jones. I could see Jones getting somewhere along the lines of 14/60/.4 3/30/.2 Pretty close to what I feel jackson may do.

Dang that's a tough one, Jones or Jackson. My semifinal opponent has Gordon and hope he's active and doesn't get his full workload. In your case, if Gordon is out, go Jackson. If Gordon is in, go Jones.

Archived