Rotoworld.com Forums

Aaron Jones 2018 Outlook

smeeze

@Zekepeak86

Chargers promoted RB Troymaine Pope from their practice squad.

This is a bad sign for Melvin Gordon (knee, game-time decision). Pope carried the ball 12 times in 2016 for the Jets and Seahawks, but he has bounced around practice squads since. He will back up Justin Jackson if Gordon is not able to play.
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m benching this week but it all depends on our options.  I would say Jones is still a solid flex play against a stout Bears D.  He’s been really consistent in the last few games and like others have mentioned his touchdown potential is high

I think I am going with D. Williams instead of A. Jones.  If Jones was up against any other D, I would be playing him.  I can't chance him putting up 5 points like Gurley did last week.  The team with Gurley lost last week to the worst team in the playoffs because of it.  With Williams having a better matchup and on the Best offense in the league, I will need his upside especially since it looks like M. Gordon is going to be out and I will be relying on J. Jackson too.  

41 minutes ago, chief79 said:

I think I am going with D. Williams instead of A. Jones.  If Jones was up against any other D, I would be playing him.  I can't chance him putting up 5 points like Gurley did last week.  The team with Gurley lost last week to the worst team in the playoffs because of it.  With Williams having a better matchup and on the Best offense in the league, I will need his upside especially since it looks like M. Gordon is going to be out and I will be relying on J. Jackson too.  

I have the same choice -- A. Jones or D. Williams. Classic "don't sit your studs" vs. a fringe player with a much better matchup. 

A. Jones would be in my flex (with Gurley and Chubb locked in as RB1 and RB2). Still, you have to go ceiling most of the time in the playoffs. "Tempering expectations" doesn't help you score points when you're up against Mahommes and other top point producers.

There is risk that D. Williams shares with the other D. Williams and possibly C. West. West being active or not a key consideration. But with T. Hill banged up, S. Watkins out, and LAC being great against TEs (and Kelce historically) I've got to think all KC RBs will be heavily involved.

1 hour ago, Zekepeak86 said:

This. But i think i have to roll Justin Jackson out if gordon sits. I almost hope they list gordon as active so i dont have to chase some points with jackson and lose out on playing Jones. I could see Jones getting somewhere along the lines of 14/60/.4 3/30/.2 Pretty close to what I feel jackson may do.

I'm in the same boat. 

I currently have Jones slotted in at FLEX and Jackson on the bench, but once Gordon is announced OUT, I think we have no choice but to make that switch.

5 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

We'll they HAVE to get him into the endzone then right? Rodgers will want to get that of the way early so he can sling it with no remorse the rest of the game.

HOT TAKE: Does Aaron Rodgers have Aaron Jones on his fantasy team?  More at 7.

After stressing out all week on whether to play Ware then Williams over Jones, I finally decided to keep Jones in this week.   Hopefully, he gets a TD or two and catches some dump offs for some good yardage.  Really just hope it doesn't turn in to a 6-3 stinker like the Bears/Rams game last week.  

10 minutes ago, chief79 said:

After stressing out all week on whether to play Ware then Williams over Jones, I finally decided to keep Jones in this week.   Hopefully, he gets a TD or two and catches some dump offs for some good yardage.  Really just hope it doesn't turn in to a 6-3 stinker like the Bears/Rams game last week.  

Landed on the same decision as well with the same choices. 

Could see Jones getting a few dump offs at minimum. Who knows. In blowout mode by Chicago, maybe he gets a ton of cheap points.

1 hour ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Welp benched D Williams for this turd.  No way I get half the production from Jones this week.  I hate fantasy.  

Regretting it right now too, might cost me a repeat this year.  Hopefully Jones can pull a Gore or Blount on the Chicago D and have a decent day.

1 hour ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Welp benched D Williams for this turd.  No way I get half the production from Jones this week.  I hate fantasy.  

2 minutes ago, chief79 said:

Regretting it right now too, might cost me a repeat this year.  Hopefully Jones can pull a Gore or Blount on the Chicago D and have a decent day.

Bad posts. Guy hasn't even played yet and you're already whining like toddlers. He will do fine and hit a floor of 12 standard. 

28 minutes ago, chief79 said:

I did the same thing:wacko: Lets calm down.  Hasn't played yet.   

13 minutes ago, youngrice said:

I did the same thing:wacko: Lets calm down.  Hasn't played yet.   

I agree but imagine starting off with Daimen’s performance today.  I’m willing to bet Aaron Jones has a mediocre performance Sunday that most likely costs us a win whoever is in this similar situation.  I’ll glady get my words if I’m wrong.  

45 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

I agree but imagine starting off with Daimen’s performance today.  I’m willing to bet Aaron Jones has a mediocre performance Sunday that most likely costs us a win whoever is in this similar situation.  I’ll glady get my words if I’m wrong.  

Lol.  Trust me I'm so pissed.  Just trying to make myself feel better.  Its not working:angry:

7 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Bad posts. Guy hasn't even played yet and you're already whining like toddlers. He will do fine and hit a floor of 12 standard. 

Agree. Always will be should’ve, would’ve, could’ve. Sticking with Jones is/was the right call. He hasn’t played yet. And who knows, maybe he scores more than D Williams, or close to. Ya just never know.

16 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

This means he will get at least one TD. Unless the Packers hate Aaron Jones more than we thought.

9 minutes ago, Nah85 said:

I moved Jones to the flex as I had Damien Williams.   Few more days to decide what to do, I think ultimately I will sit him and play Gordon, I think the wide receivers will be getting the points, not jones.

Smart move there. Had Williams too but for my bench..  I don't know about starting Gordon over Jones. I like his production over the last 7 games. Unless you think the Bears dominate this game, I'd feel OK about him getting at least 17 touches and making something out of it. Rodgers only has Adams to rely on in the pass game, and Jones is also involved there. It's not impossible to run on the Bears run D either. Gurley's performance gives us pause, but others like Barkley, Gore, Kerryon, James White, and Blount have done well vs them. Anyway, I'm convincing myself to start the guy.

Archived