Rotoworld.com Forums

Aaron Jones 2018 Outlook

smeeze

1 minute ago, griffin727 said:

In order I generally bet on:

1. Talent

2. Situation (the system/offense/QB/etc)

3. Opportunity (touches/snaps)

4. Matchup 

I tend to agree. So in my case (Jones at CHI, McQuire vs. HOU, Dixon vs. TB), I feel Jones is the play. Sorry if too AC-ish. Just adding for perspective, not opinion on start/sit.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RotoGenius said:

So you would've started Goff last week 

That’s a pretty specific example but probably, although with QB’s you’re likely to have a good backup to switch out (if you carry two). I’m not sure where I rank all the QB’s but Goff would be around 8-10 I’d guess, so it’s debatable that he’s even be my QB for most leagues. Damien Williams is clearly a JAG,  but he’s got every other factor going for him. I’d have have started him over Jones if I had him but it’s easy to say that now. 

8 hours ago, jtbgator said:

I tend to agree. So in my case (Jones at CHI, McQuire vs. HOU, Dixon vs. TB), I feel Jones is the play. Sorry if too AC-ish. Just adding for perspective, not opinion on start/sit.

Kicking myself for not starting D. Williams, but oh well. 

Grabbed McQuire and Dixon is sitting in FA, but I can't imagine starting either of these guys over A. Jones.

I'm just praying he gets some cheap PPR points in garbage time. Maybe gets 50-60 rushing yards, six receptions for 40 yards, and a coin flip's chance at a TD. That would be close to 20 points.

1 hour ago, kyoun1e said:

I'm just praying he gets some cheap PPR points in garbage time. Maybe gets 50-60 rushing yards, six receptions for 40 yards, and a coin flip's chance at a TD. That would be close to 20 points.

I'll take 20 points at my flex, why not 

On 12/14/2018 at 7:07 PM, kyoun1e said:

Kicking myself for not starting D. Williams, but oh well. 

Grabbed McQuire and Dixon is sitting in FA, but I can't imagine starting either of these guys over A. Jones.

I feel like this is a bit over optimistic given what the Chicago d did to Gurley last week. 

Maybe I’m fading him too much but I’m probably starting Boyd over him at my flex 

1 minute ago, Boozted said:

I feel like this is a bit over optimistic given what the Chicago d did to Gurley last week. 

Maybe I’m fading him too much but I’m probably starting Boyd over him at my flex 

Considering K. Dixon over A. Jones now. Rain in Baltimore and Ty Montgomery inactive. Could be a lot of running for Gus/Lamar/Dixon and a lot of opportunities for the BALT offense.

Insane to consider??

3 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Considering K. Dixon over A. Jones now. Rain in Baltimore and Ty Montgomery inactive. Could be a lot of running for Gus/Lamar/Dixon and a lot of opportunities for the BALT offense.

Insane to consider??

I considered this myself too since I also have Dixon but workload concerns would give me pause considering we don’t know who’s going to be the lead back. 

I think you almost have to play Jones and expect more of a floor than a ceiling in that situation though. 

10 minutes ago, Boozted said:

I considered this myself too since I also have Dixon but workload concerns would give me pause considering we don’t know who’s going to be the lead back. 

I think you almost have to play Jones and expect more of a floor than a ceiling in that situation though. 

Dixon with 8 rushing attempts two weeks in a row. I think to start Dixon you have to expect that number to increase to 12-15 range along with 3+ receptions.

6 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Dixon with 8 rushing attempts two weeks in a row. I think to start Dixon you have to expect that number to increase to 12-15 range along with 3+ receptions.

Good point. Now you’ve got me thinking

Archived