smeeze

Aaron Jones 2018 Outlook

On 12/16/2018 at 11:54 AM, kevstew13 said:

Just unreal 

first in standings first in points 

i have melvin, james conner, spencer ware, keenan allen and aaron jones - im sure others have this combo but man I dont think this bad luck will ever happen again

Gordon, Conner, Hunt, Ware, Ekeler, OJ Howard. Season's been absolutely BRUTAL for some people this year. 

1 minute ago, dlee33701 said:

Any chance he plays this week. Safe to drop for someone on the waiver wire?

They signed Kapri Bibbs, probably not gonna play 

3 minutes ago, dlee33701 said:

Think they already pretty much ruled him out. Shame. Can't wait to see him again next year. He will be on my radar as probably a 3rd rounder. 

56 minutes ago, dlee33701 said:

I keep looking, but haven't really seen any info.  I just don't think you can trust him at this point after what happened last week.  I might scoop up Williams in case Jones is out, but if Jones does play I am going to avoid this backfield against a pretty decent Jets D.  

3 minutes ago, chief79 said:

I keep looking, but haven't really seen any info.  I just don't think you can trust him at this point after what happened last week.  I might scoop up Williams in case Jones is out, but if Jones does play I am going to avoid this backfield against a pretty decent Jets D.  

Jets D is pretty meh. They've faced some pretty trash running games last 3 weeks. I'd fire him up if he was healthy but I don't see him playing. 

I see zero reason why they would want to put Jones out there. They're already eliminated and there is no reward for playing him, only risk. Sucks because many of us were excited to use him this week. On to other options.

Philbin is a beast!! From Rotoworld per ESPN:

"In the general sense, my philosophy is football players are paid to play football games," Philbin said. "That's my general philosophy and overall philosophy whether it's Aaron Rodgers or anybody else."

Meant this for the other Aaron on the team, but I guess this could possibly pertain to Jones also. Although I believe Jones is much more likely to sit than Rodgers.

Edited by tpat30

From actual league winner to season killer.

Looking forward to 2019 with Jones. Hopefully whoever the next HC is fully commits to him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, munde53 said:

From actual league winner to season killer.

Looking forward to 2019 with Jones. Hopefully whoever the next HC is fully commits to him. 

What's ADP you think? 3rd rounder next year? late 2nd? I'll certainly be eyeing him. Coaching staff does need to shake out, hopefully a coach that historically allows a lead back to flourish. Also, with no one emerging opposite d adams this year, Jones was quietly gathering targets and almost pushed for the no2 passing option in some games. You can easily get excited about him for next year.

It’ll be very interesting to see Jones’ ADP next year. Somehow ESPN’s Mike Clay has him going in the early fourth if the draft were today which baffles me. If he gets an innovative coach I could see Jones really breaking out as an elite RB1 next year, similar to Gurley with McVay. That’s a big if because if the new coach is someone like Phlibin I see him as a high-end RB2.

1 minute ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah he's an RB1.

Might get priced a bit below that...

Depending on the coaching staff he has the potential for elite RB1 in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, akooreman180 said:

Depending on the coaching staff he has the potential for elite RB1 in my opinion.

So is it fairly certain that Williams is relegated to being the back up?  

21 minutes ago, K197040 said:

So is it fairly certain that Williams is relegated to being the back up?  

I would assume so but who knows with the way they handled it earlier. Jones was clearly outplaying him most of the year.

• Like 1