Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lord_Varys

2018 QB Rankings

Trying to rank these QB's have resulted in sleepless nights for me. Luckily for me and the entire fantasy football universe, we have Jalen Ramsey to clarify, rank and provide expert opinions on the QB position. All is saved :unsure:

Jalen Ramsey's "expert" QB Discussion:

Now let's get to the Jalen Ramsey "expert" rankings for 2018. The most notable rank goes to Josh Allen. Ranked 100. That would put him behind the worst 3rd string QB in the league. Make sure that you draft Mariota before Brees, Rodgers and Brady folks. Oh, and Kap would be a nice fringe starter for you as well as your backup QB2

If you want the full run down to see where YOUR QB stands with Jalen, just visit the GQ link above for "expert" insight. LOL

I look forward to watching Ramsey line up against other top WRs this year, just for the kicks of it. And the trash talking he does.  He's the DB version of TO/Moss all wrapped up in one.

As for QBs, He has Rodgers and Brady at 5-6 with Bortles a close 7!

Lol @ the fact that Jalen has Mariota #4 above guys like Brady/Brees/Rodgers - this is hilarious.

Also, what the heck did Matt Ryan do to deserve that? The guy is the most vanilla character in the league but Jalen finds a way to trash him.

43 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Lol @ the fact that Jalen has Mariota #4 above guys like Brady/Brees/Rodgers - this is hilarious.

Also, what the heck did Matt Ryan do to deserve that? The guy is the most vanilla character in the league but Jalen finds a way to trash him.

I bet if you ask Jalen today he couldn't remember what he said yesterday.

Curious to see everyone's updated rankings. Watson falls out of top 12 for obvious reasons. Is Goff a QB2 due to limited upside with Gurley? Are Winston and Trubisky QB1s?

On 6/27/2018 at 8:14 PM, Axe Elf said:

1.  Deshaun Watson

2. Everyone else.

Deshaun Watson? That’s not how you spell Patrick Mahomes. 

I'll attempt at ranking them ROS

1. Mahomes- duh

2. Rodgers- getting healthy, their defense and running game sucks

3. Brady- bad defense, no Michel, tons of weapons in the passing game

4. Newton- his ROS schedule is an absolute joke after this week

5. Ryan- horrible defense means tons of shootouts

6. Brees- RB duo may limit his upside like last year

7. Luck- passing at an epic pace

8. Cousins- having a great year. Some lopsided games have limited his #s in recent weeks

9. Roethlisberger- tough schedule ROS

10. Wentz- its weird they havent been playing great but hes putting up good #s

11. Goff- Gurley and defense kind of limits his upside just like last year

12. Winston- terrible defense and tons of weapons in the passing game but turnovers limit upside

Just missing the cut:

Trubisky- their defense kind of fell off and his running #s help but I have a feeling the defense will get better again.

Rivers- Gordon and Bosa return will limit his upside

Wilson- Seahawks actually have a running game

Watson- I just dont see his offensive line improving and I can see coach playing conservative to win a terrible division.

44 minutes ago, yanksman said:

I'll attempt at ranking them ROS

1. Mahomes- duh

2. Rodgers- getting healthy, their defense and running game sucks

3. Brady- bad defense, no Michel, tons of weapons in the passing game

4. Newton- his ROS schedule is an absolute joke after this week

5. Ryan- horrible defense means tons of shootouts

6. Brees- RB duo may limit his upside like last year

7. Luck- passing at an epic pace

8. Cousins- having a great year. Some lopsided games have limited his #s in recent weeks

9. Roethlisberger- tough schedule ROS

10. Wentz- its weird they havent been playing great but hes putting up good #s

11. Goff- Gurley and defense kind of limits his upside just like last year

12. Winston- terrible defense and tons of weapons in the passing game but turnovers limit upside

Just missing the cut:

Trubisky- their defense kind of fell off and his running #s help but I have a feeling the defense will get better again.

Rivers- Gordon and Bosa return will limit his upside

Wilson- Seahawks actually have a running game

Watson- I just dont see his offensive line improving and I can see coach playing conservative to win a terrible division.

I don’t own Goff but I strongly disagree with your assessment on him. Last year Gurley had 788 receiving yards and 6 receiving TD’s. At the end of the day (season rather) those yards and TD’s account for a significant portion of Goff’s total numbers. Same thing for Rivers. 

Goff thru 7 games (not a small sample) is on pace for over 4,800 yards. Even if he has a a few more slow weeks he should finish with like a minimum of 4,400 yards. Rams defense has been hit or miss and there’s really been no correlation to his numbers and weeks where the defense was good or bad. I do think as the defense gets healthier it will benefit him not hurt him though. A good defense/stud dual threat RB  are helpful for any QB but especially a young one that’s still relatively inexperienced. 

12 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

I don’t own Goff but I strongly disagree with your assessment on him. Last year Gurley had 788 receiving yards and 6 receiving TD’s. At the end of the day (season rather) those yards and TD’s account for a significant portion of Goff’s total numbers. Same thing for Rivers. 

Goff thru 7 games (not a small sample) is on pace for over 4,800 yards. Even if he has a a few more slow weeks he should finish with like a minimum of 4,400 yards. Rams defense has been hit or miss and there’s really been no correlation to his numbers and weeks where the defense was good or bad. I do think as the defense gets healthier it will benefit him not hurt him though. A good defense/stud dual threat RB  are helpful for any QB but especially a young one that’s still relatively inexperienced. 

Gurley for sure helps Goff in the passing game but once they get in the red zone his TD upside is limited because Gurley is so good there. Last year, Goff finished as QB10 with 23.7 PPG in my scoring system. This year even on pace for the 4800 yards he is still only QB14 with 26.9 PPG. Ive actually ranked him HIGHER than he is currently. That's the thing nowadays. EVERY QB throws for over 4000 yards. His TD upside is definitely limited. In my league he's scored 23, 24, 35, 54, 19, 9, & 22. Outside of two weeks not exactly QB1 #s.

now that chad kelly has been booted from the broncos, are there any other late season potential QB upgrades? it seems like most of the rookie QBs already have the job (rosen, allen, darnold, etc.), so barring injury i'm not seeing a lot of replacement possibilities due to performance.

maybe cody kessler in JAX or alex tanney in NYG. any other obvious candidates?

obviously, i'm talking deeper leagues where even lower ranked guys like bortles are rostered.

4 hours ago, Asian Sensation said:

Deshaun Watson? That’s not how you spell Patrick Mahomes. 

If you want to win your league I suggest you do a ton of research on all of Axe Elf’s posts and then do the opposite.

QB1

Mahomes, Brees, Ryan, Brady, Rodgers

QB2

Newton, luck, Rivers, wentz, cousins

QB3

Winston, roeth, Stafford, Wilson

QB4

Goff, Watson, Dalton

QB5

Flacco, Prescott, carr, Smith

Theres no point in ranking QB1s, but I'm curious how you guys would rank QB2-4 or if any should be in a different tier

20 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

QB1

QB2

QB3

QB4

Goff, Watson, Dalton

QB5

Theres no point in ranking QB1s, but I'm curious how you guys would rank QB2-4 or if any should be in a different tier

Watson should be in your QB2 tier

27 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

Watson should be in your QB2 tier

Only if he keeps up a shade of what he did Thursday.  He's been getting yards for the most part, but his TD count needs to improve.  For now, he's a tier 3 for me.  Trending up though.

14 minutes ago, Jgcarolina said:

Only if he keeps up a shade of what he did Thursday.  He's been getting yards for the most part, but his TD count needs to improve.  For now, he's a tier 3 for me.  Trending up though.

And he just lost Fuller. Hes ranked properly. 

Rodgers 5th? Packers are still pass heavy with no run game and poor defense.  With their schedule, tons of shootouts incoming and he is only getting healthier.

1 hour ago, pbjfb said:

QB1

QB2

QB3

QB4

Goff, Watson, Dalton

QB5

To me, the guys in your 3 & 4 tiers should be combined into one, and I’d put Watson at the top of that tier due to upside. Losing Fuller hurts his value slightly, but as long as Keke is back I think he’ll have enough weapons.  He has a mini-bye this week, and then the full bye coming up, so I think that will do wonders for his health.

Wilson would be at the bottom of that tier... he just hasn’t been that good, and he doesn’t run anymore.

Rivers should be in tier 3 because his defense is going to improve with Bosa back, and his volume will go down. We’ve already seen it trending this way.

I would also move Brees down to the top of Tier 2, and Cam up to the bottom of tier 1.  The Saints will go run heavy, and Cam’s schedule is extremely favorable.

To me, Mahomes and Rodgers should be in a tier of their own. Ryan has home/away splits, and Brady has gamescript issues affecting his volume. Cam would be just below Ryan and Brady in Tier 1B due to what I mentioned above.