EmbargoLifted

Fantasy Football Resources 2018

9 hours ago, not an nfl scout said:

rotoworld is a nice place to get tidbits of info. fantasypros is nice also. helps me form my OWN opinions on where i want to go......but nothing like fantasy football calculator mock drafts....its the closest thing to the real thing to me. you can get on there with 11 other guys and draft and chat. i like it because there are guys on there that are just like the guys in our league. no big money leagues to think about, just everyday joe's looking for some enlightenment on your adps????maybe boring to some, but it gives me a handle on where an average draft will go???

Yeah, I have no issues with mocking. Just not for me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bgar15 said:

The app called Sleeperbot. Thank me later. 

they were off the friggin' charts in 2016 - amazing up to the second ish, readily digested via one's mobile device - i made quite a few lightning quick moves due to their diligence - consistently got the drop on my league mates - it was an invaluable tool.

last year? meh.  they focused a tad too much on the "start a league up on here with us!!11!!11" schtick.  still a very nifty gig, but a bit of the luster wore off.

• Like 2

How good is Chris Harris? I remember him being very good at ESPN but how has he been the last few years? 

12 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

How good is Chris Harris? I remember him being very good at ESPN but how has he been the last few years? 

A million times better since he doesn't have to just spout out hot takes demanded by ESPN. 

If he still worked at ESPN his only rankings would include Kaepernick, Manziel, and pictures of guys kneeling. 

He's at Harris Football now. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
  • Haha 1

I think Chris Harris is decent at film breakdown when it comes to individual players and their skills, but not great at understanding schemes and nuances of the game.

Brett Kollmann, on the other hand, is by far the best film watcher I've seen.

• Thanks 1

Yeah I got Harris's almanac. I just worry that he seems to have a vendetta against other analysts, which may lead him to some contrarian takes. 

All that said, the film stuff is important. He was the only analyst on ESPN who got Andre Johnson right in 2012, for example. What I have read so far is solid.

On 8/16/2018 at 9:07 PM, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

A million times better since he doesn't have to just spout out hot takes demanded by ESPN. 

If he still worked at ESPN his only rankings would include Kaepernick, Manziel, and pictures of guys kneeling. 

He's at Harris Football now. 

He's just as much a blowhard now as he was at ESPN. Except he now actually acknowledges non-ESPN analysts. 

Lots of hot air.

10 hours ago, Ace_King said:

Yeah I got Harris's almanac. I just worry that he seems to have a vendetta against other analysts, which may lead him to some contrarian takes. 

All that said, the film stuff is important. He was the only analyst on ESPN who got Andre Johnson right in 2012, for example. What I have read so far is solid.

Save your money. Silva, Paulsen are far better.

• Like 1

Silva is my favorite. His top 150 is gold: astute, pithy observations that lead to finding many gems throughout the draft and avoiding mines. The best "cheat sheet" for drafts too.

52 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

He's just as much a blowhard now as he was at ESPN. Except he now actually acknowledges non-ESPN analysts. 

Lots of hot air.

I don't think he's great, but I do think he's much improved from when he was on ESPN. 

He has a segment on a local radio show during FF season and I respect the way he breaks down film and provides analysis. I respect him more than Matthew Berry I guess I should say. 

54 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I don't think he's great, but I do think he's much improved from when he was on ESPN. 

He has a segment on a local radio show during FF season and I respect the way he breaks down film and provides analysis. I respect him more than Matthew Berry I guess I should say. 

Well, that's like saying Brett Hundley was decent last year because he was better than Kizer...

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

Well, that's like saying Brett Hundley was decent last year because he was better than Kizer...

Lol. Fair enough, but it sounds to me like you hate the "new" Chris Harris more than I do. 

I'll be real with you, if you weren't already aware, I'm super arrogant in my football knowledge as is and rarely listen to "experts" to begin with. I never seek out their opinions, but when they find me I will see if I can disagree with them or justify my rationale. 

Chris Harris finds me on ESPN radio Houston during football season, and the way his analysis has evolved has me believing he's substantially better than the Chris Harris espn I used to know before I became an arrogant prick and actually read advice. 

You may hate him, but I'll say he's decent. 

The best resource is your own eyes. Don't pay attention to other pundits, as you don't know who they're working for or what their incentive is. Just trust your own eyes. The internet makes it possible to see every game or review highlights on your own. Be your own resource. :) (And definitely don't pay for someone else's opinion.)

Can some of you advanced interwebbers help me out with something?

I want to know how many plays an NFL team ran in 2 wide sets in 2017 (specifically the Lions).

Then on top of that, I want to know how many 2 wide sets were a run play vs. a pass play.

Is there a place on the internets that this can be found?

Thank you advanced interweb users.

29 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Can some of you advanced interwebbers help me out with something?

I want to know how many plays an NFL team ran in 2 wide sets in 2017 (specifically the Lions).

Then on top of that, I want to know how many 2 wide sets were a run play vs. a pass play.

Is there a place on the internets that this can be found?

Thank you advanced interweb users.

https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/personnel-grouping-frequency.html

Edited by confusedmrkrabs
  • Thanks 2

Looking for one (or two) sources that is the best for breaking news relevant to Fantasy Football so I can be the first to add/drop players.

Setting a twitter notification for Adam Shefter’s tweets seems like a good one but he seems to post a lot off topic. Any better solutions?

i apologize if this belongs in the Assistant Coach section.

Edited by thb0307

Sleeper app, the comments are unbearable but the notifications are usually relevant and timely

Sleeper is my go to app for receiving breaking news (both major and minor), I also use The Score and follow each of my players on there to get every bit of news pertaining to them. 

7 minutes ago, pennstateugk said:

I find checking Rotoworld 266383663 times a day has been quite effective 

That s not enough! Lol

On 8/15/2018 at 5:10 AM, bgar15 said:

The app called Sleeperbot. Thank me later. 

Thanking you later. Especially in weeks where I didn't have the time to follow this forum (or even Football at all), Sleeperbot has alerted me early about a lot of things. 
1509785325_zach-galifianakis-thank-you.g

• Like 1