Saucy

Karl-Anthony Towns 2018-2019 Season Outlook

8 hours ago, alclayno said:

So with all things considered after Jimmy did what he did... where are you guys drafting KAT now?

Have the 3rd pick in a 14 team 10 cat (9 cat + OREB) league on Sunday, and I'm almost certain that AD will for sure be gone by the time I draft, so I'm probably going to end up deciding between Harden, KAT, and Giannis.

What would be the top four in that format?

Edit: I'm having difficulty with these 14 team mocks drafting Giannis and making a decent punt FT% team afterwards, so it probably won't be him... but also can't find enough rebounds and blocks drafting Harden in a punt FG% & TO format.

ci

I am also having a hard time deciding who to pick using my 3rd Pick.. I think AD and Giannis will be our 1-2nd Pick so I need to decide between Harden and KAT.. Im leaning toward KAT but due to this circus happening in Minn I kinda hesitant...

2 hours ago, buboytorre said:

ci

I am also having a hard time deciding who to pick using my 3rd Pick.. I think AD and Giannis will be our 1-2nd Pick so I need to decide between Harden and KAT.. Im leaning toward KAT but due to this circus happening in Minn I kinda hesitant...

KAT has the ability to dominate every game just like the Brow, but he doesn't.  I'd almost go Harden with the pick.

3 hours ago, buboytorre said:

ci

I had the 3 in mine and wanted harden but got left with AD. Wouldn’t touch Kat over those 3 imo 

At this guys full potential he should be hugging the 3 spot right after AD and Giannis. Being prone to possible duds and some uninspired lines (Points and rebounds only) which only get magnified when making such a big investment really has to make you think when a top 5 mainstay like KD or Curry is still there. 

"Upside" and "breakout" are thrown around everywhere here. "Boring" and "steady" should be getting more love.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Crazycanto said:

At this guys full potential he should be hugging the 3 spot right after AD and Giannis. Being prone to possible duds and some uninspired lines (Points and rebounds only) which only get magnified when making such a big investment really has to make you think when a top 5 mainstay like KD or Curry is still there. 

"Upside" and "breakout" are thrown around everywhere here. "Boring" and "steady" should be getting more love.

Agreed, except there is a better chance Mr. Boring will play every game in the playoffs while guys like KD/Curry are very  likely to be rested  a few games late and possibly shut down dealing with an "injury" towards the end of the season. 

• Like 1

So with the third pick... what's the consensus here?

Imo, it's obviously AD at 1.

2 is where it gets tricky... because you could do Giannis or Harden, but for a league with OREB as a category, it's so hard building around Harden and still being competitive in rebounds and blocks.

So assuming AD and Giannis are gone with the first two picks... do you roll with Harden or KAT?

Or someone that fits multiple builds like Steph?

7 hours ago, Crazycanto said:

No way I take KAT over Harden.  That's crazy talk.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, PAX said:

Until Jimmy is there, KAT can't focus. Expect his stats to be a roller coaster

17 hours ago, dekciw_1 said:

Yeah this is a disaster.

Try and trade for Kemba Walker before its too late.

So...Drop City, USA? ?

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, AndreSplash said:

So...Drop City, USA? ?

If there is a Siakam on the wire, we should do it before its too late.

• Haha 2

This has to be the funniest board this summer. He sent from solid top 5 to people saying pick him over AD when the Jimmy thing went down. Then people stressing about rose to now Jimmy still being around and the team a disaster and towns being drop city... Lol

Almost as fun as watching the actual minny situation. 

just so everyone is clear KAT was brilliant last year as the fourth option behind Butler, Wiggins & Gibson. He did brilliant, no doubt had games like that last pre season game but ultimately when all the stats were collated at the end of his 82 GAMES, he was brilliant.

What is the problem? What is different to suggest he cant handle what he has handled before.

10 minutes ago, heatnation said:

just so everyone is clear KAT was brilliant last year as the fourth option behind Butler, Wiggins & Gibson. He did brilliant, no doubt had games like that last pre season game but ultimately when all the stats were collated at the end of his 82 GAMES, he was brilliant.

What is the problem? What is different to suggest he cant handle what he has handled before.

Are you just having a laugh about him being the fourth option? Cause that was definitely not the case my man haha

10 hours ago, PaddyAustralia said:

Are you just having a laugh about him being the fourth option? Cause that was definitely not the case my man haha

Yep i was but at same time he def had to battle through instances where he def wasn't the primary option on offence and it might appear frustrating if you looked at it from a singular game point of view but in the scope of a season he was brilliant the stats were there.

Just spent $72 on him in my auction league....with double-doubles as a category, I'm pretty excited to see what he can do, especially once jimmy butler is traded.

11 hours ago, heatnation said:

Yep i was but at same time he def had to battle through instances where he def wasn't the primary option on offence and it might appear frustrating if you looked at it from a singular game point of view but in the scope of a season he was brilliant the stats were there.

Thibs' idiotic coaching.  KAT under a coach like Carlisle would be incredible.  Having said that Carlisle can be a bit of a hardass so he might break KAT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 Shots. 3. Are you freaking kidding me? It's laughable. Dieng, Tyus Jones, and D Rose have all taken more. Wiggins has 12. Jimmy has 13. Its a joke. 

• Like 2

I only own KAT in 2 of my 8 leagues this year, but it honestly makes me so mad every year how little the Wolves use him, even from a real life standpoint.

It's clear that alongside Jimmy Butler, he's your best offensive option. Treat him like it!

Think I might consider trading him. I don't get why he just doesn't be more assertive and take possessions away from Wiggins. Home boy was like this last year too. It irritates me.

Edited by ejaggit

its the same script so far as last year. i owned him all of last year and experienced this before. end of day hes gonna be just fine but if your relying on him solely WOW your in for a ride

10 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

Think I might consider trading him. I don't get why he just doesn't be more assertive and take possessions away from Wiggins. Home boy was like this last year too. It irritates me.

Bruh chill... Don't trade him yet. It was the first game of the season. I promise he will have value... Jimmy WILL get traded and KAT may have a career year when that happens. Hang strong my friend

Edited by JBizFree
  • Like 1