Saucy

Robert Covington 2018-2019 Season Outlook

52 minutes ago, dorwell said:

Just a reminder what's going on on ESPN 

http://imgur.com/a/js0Xj1C

That is blasphemy right there!   Any league where the good Lord is on waivers shall be burned down by the Spanish Inquisition!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

Unless your league counts personal fouls, that’s irrelevant for fantasy purposes. If he gets 5 stocks it’s irrelevant whether he did in on 45 minutes and 0 fouls or 5 minutes and 5 fouls.  

Steals/PF and blocks/PF and stl+blk/PF are crucial indicators for fantasy purposes.

Two guys may average 2 blk per 48 min. But if one averages 1 blk per PF and a other averages 0.5 blk per PF there's a big difference.

You risk fouls the majority of the time in pursuit of stocks. The best fantasy assets get the stocks--and limit the fouls.

Can't rack up the stocks--or any other stats--when you're on the bench in foul trouble.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dorwell said:

Just a reminder what's going on on ESPN 

http://imgur.com/a/js0Xj1C

On the one hand, I would bet most ESPN leagues have been inactive since like the second week, because of the UI, so owned %s are all ****** up there anyway.  On the other, he should've been drafted in 90% of leagues anyway, so I dunno what to say.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Steals/PF and blocks/PF and stl+blk/PF are crucial indicators for fantasy purposes.

Two guys may average 2 blk per 48 min. But if one averages 1 blk per PF and a other averages 0.5 blk per PF there's a big difference.

You risk fouls the majority of the time in pursuit of stocks. The best fantasy assets get the stocks--and limit the fouls.

Can't rack up the stocks--or any other stats--when you're on the bench in foul trouble.

You're talking in circles because I'm saying that if he gets 5 stocks it doesn't matter how many fouls he has.  It seems your argument is that if he gets 5 fouls it will impact his stocks, but that's a strawman because so far it hasn't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

You're talking in circles because I'm saying that if he gets 5 stocks it doesn't matter how many fouls he has.  It seems your argument is that if he gets 5 fouls it will impact his stocks, but that's a strawman because so far it hasn't.

I could be wrong, but i think his argument is that people that get a lot of fouls could be streaky due to having foul trouble some games

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jimmy21 said:

I could be wrong, but i think his argument is that people that get a lot of fouls could be streaky due to having foul trouble some games

Thank you.  I understand his argument but it’s a bad one unless Covington has displayed that to be the case, which he hasn’t.  Covington got 5 stocks last game. When Covington gets 0 stocks due to fouling out after 15 minutes then I’ll entertain that viewpoint. 

• Like 2

So I know what can lead to more 3PM (more open looks, better ball movement, etc), but what in you alls opinion has lead to the decrease in the blocks he was getting? Was he just getting them at a high clip and due to regress - or did he defend different positions in PHI than he is now in MIN? 

P.S - I can't remember a trade more perfect for all teams involved (my fantasy team included since I have Lord & KAT lol)

19 hours ago, hoopnking24 said:

So I know what can lead to more 3PM (more open looks, better ball movement, etc), but what in you alls opinion has lead to the decrease in the blocks he was getting? Was he just getting them at a high clip and due to regress - or did he defend different positions in PHI than he is now in MIN? 

P.S - I can't remember a trade more perfect for all teams involved (my fantasy team included since I have Lord & KAT lol)

Blocks are fickle. Covington is a wing player who leads the NBA in deflections. That’s where his blocks come from, they’ll come and go in bunches. Nothing to worry about really, don’t count on them in your matchups but know that at any point he can get 11 blocks in 3 games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CFN said:

Blocks are fickle. Covington is a wing player who leads the NBA in deflections. That’s where his blocks come from, they’ll come and go in bunches. Nothing to worry about really, don’t count on them in your matchups but know that at any point he can get 11 blocks in 3 games.

Good points - Not worried at all, more so just curious. I also haven't really watched the T'Wolves since the trade. Thanks!

• Like 1

On 22.11.2018 at 5:06 AM, hoopnking24 said:

His blocks in PHI were basically a statistical anomaly, by seasons end he will be somewhere between 0.6 and 1.0 bpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

His blocks in PHI were basically a statistical anomaly, by seasons end he will be somewhere between 0.6 and 1.0 bpg

I tend to agree but if thibs keeps giving him major minutes, he could average higher than his career suggests 

Steals needed ✅

low TO needed ✅

LORD giveth ✅

:) 

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1

there goes my slight fg% lead. hopefully he can get hot after 2nd half to make it somewhat respectable

• Haha 1