Saucy

Robert Covington 2018-2019 Season Outlook

concerning that he's been ruled out for tomorrows clash over 24 hours out

Lord Covington is hurt.  Bone Bruise :(

Damnit.  He's such a great player to have on rosters.  Hopefully he recovers fully and is able to play.  I don't mean as far as fantasy, etc but irl.  I enjoy watching him play.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

When to expect O tag? 

The fact they wrote "luckily surgery" isn't required means he should likely have the "O" tag soon...possibly even the "INJ" tag if they know for sure he's going to be out for more than 3-5 games.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Who is the pickup?

Since Okogie isn't really ready I think Tyus Jones retains value and benefits the most with this news,

as they have no problem running 2 PG lineups they could slide Wiggins over to the SF and spread the guard minutes mainly amongst Teague, Rose and Tyus. 

If Okogie takes the bulk of the minutes there may be no pickup as he just doesn't do much apart from getting some steals and his fg% is terrible.

God dang, it was like the last 10 seconds of the previous game too, stupid defender "falling" into his ankle

Last year Blake Griffin and Dennis Schröder injured ankles w/ bone bruises in the end of March and both sat out rest of the season - 2 weeks. Neither team had anything to play for so... Initial timeline for Blake was week and after that they would asses the situation... So 2-3 weeks maybe? 

4 minutes ago, ChefCurryWitDaPot said:

Any other ankle bone bruise injuries we can compare this situation to? Trying to get an idea of how long he's expected to be out.

Bone bruises are tricky. It could be a couple weeks or it could mean months (especially if there's surgery involved). Taurean Prince has been dealing with a severe ankle sprain + bone bruise for a while. His return has kept getting pushed back, and I imagine a big part of that is due to the bone bruise (and symptoms that go along with it). In baseball, Adam Eaton of the Nationals earlier this year suffered an ankle bone bruise. At first they were optimistic and he returned after two games - but after one game he ended up having surgery. He was inactive for two months overall.

He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s out for atleast a month. 

Im no professional athlete but I suffered that same injury not that long ago and bone bruising takes quite some time to heal. 

From what im seeing it could be two weeks or six. I think im gonna have to drop unfortunately - fighting for a playoff spot. If you’re in a comfortable lead id probably hold though.

1 minute ago, Soccer8098 said:

From what im seeing it could be two weeks or six. I think im gonna have to drop unfortunately - fighting for a playoff spot. If you’re in a comfortable lead id probably hold though.

no injury spot? this dude's a top 20 player in standard 9-cat what format you playing?

8 minutes ago, kev777zero said:

no injury spot? this dude's a top 20 player in standard 9-cat what format you playing?

Ya but, but he only averages 13!

15 minutes ago, kev777zero said:

No IR and im holding Cousins. Gonna wait a week and hope for a time table i guess. 

Fk me, all this time carrying cp3, Otto, Teague and Miro..... Now the Lord smites me too 

2 hours ago, Soccer8098 said:

No IR and im holding Cousins. Gonna wait a week and hope for a time table i guess. 

A little bit off topic but I would hold Covington over Cousins, and you shouldn't have held Cousins in no IL situation whole season, that may have costed you playoff spot.

• Like 1