Saucy

Robert Covington 2018-2019 Season Outlook

4 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

is that cause you a fringe playoff team or you think he is going to be out for another month or something?

They're keeper/dynasty leagues where I'm in the top 3 and I can get almost full value from teams that are tanking and don't care about this year.

for everyone wanting a time table, bone bruises are slow to heal which is why they haven't released a possible return date. It could be anywhere from 4-10 weeks to heal up, if he's getting close we'll hear about it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GarbageTyme said:

Anyone know why on BBM it says expected return 2/5/19? Not seeing any reports but this would be great news. 

Original timeline was 4-6 weeks from the date of his injury which happened on I believe January 4th. I am just hoping no news is good news and the timeline is still accurate.

1 minute ago, RafiBomb said:

Original timeline was 4-6 weeks from the date of his injury which happened on I believe January 4th. I am just hoping no news is good news and the timeline is still accurate.

Ah darn so nothing definitive and official, okay. I've been using BBM daily this week and it was the first time this popped up so I was hoping for some good news. 

37 minutes ago, GarbageTyme said:

Anyone know why on BBM it says expected return 2/5/19? Not seeing any reports but this would be great news. 

bbm isn't the best when no timeline is given. they had levert returning on 1/25 up until a week or two before when they changed it to 2/24 or something (and now it's up to 2/27).

there was a timeline for him? just thought he was out indefinitely. doensn't seem even close .

2 minutes ago, brosephd said:

there was a timeline for him? just thought he was out indefinitely. doensn't seem even close .

Ya I guess a timeline was given, but it wasn't really concrete right? Just seemed like a random estimate. Looks like they're just playing it by ear

1 hour ago, hardyharhar said:

Ya I guess a timeline was given, but it wasn't really concrete right? Just seemed like a random estimate. Looks like they're just playing it by ear

Yeah, was just that it’s a multi week absence and can vary a lot with bone bruises. 

I've got playoffs starting Feb 5, currently in first but have 3x 2 week matchups. Starting to really worry Covington won't be back for the first matchup now, does anyone know of other NBA players who had similar bone bruise issues and the timelines they had?

19 minutes ago, PaddingtonBear said:

I've got playoffs starting Feb 5, currently in first but have 3x 2 week matchups. Starting to really worry Covington won't be back for the first matchup now, does anyone know of other NBA players who had similar bone bruise issues and the timelines they had?

The only one I can remember off the top of my head is Bagley. He was out 12/14 until 1/8, but I don't know if his was less serious than Covington's.

hopefully some positive news of light jogging or so in the next week or 2 otherwise its looking like a 2 month absent and my teams already banged up in which i can swap them with the IR slot but been holding lord for so long itd be a waste to drop now.

Think I'm gonna pull the pin on cov boys. Got Clint in the ir, been missing Jimmy and kawhi all week (good to see kawhi back) and there's only 3 weeks left in our season of which I'm tied for top spot with 2 other blokes. Last I read he's only just been able to start doing work on a bike? Sounds a while off to me. Unless anyone else knows something I don't? 

40 minutes ago, Rook said:

Think I'm gonna pull the pin on cov boys. Got Clint in the ir, been missing Jimmy and kawhi all week (good to see kawhi back) and there's only 3 weeks left in our season of which I'm tied for top spot with 2 other blokes. Last I read he's only just been able to start doing work on a bike? Sounds a while off to me. Unless anyone else knows something I don't? 

If you have 3 weeks left in your season (i dont these leagues) why are you keeping Capela? 

Fair question. I'm banking on him being closer to 4 weeks than 6 which puts him back at the start of playoffs. As his injury is a yhunb, he shouldn't be on much of minutes limit, if any where as cov being a knee, he could take a couple of weeks until his minutes are back. 

1 hour ago, Boshiaw said:

The only optimism is that he was seen jumping at practice. 

I'll take it honestly

Edited by hardyharhar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

A little light @ the end of the tunnel? Need this guy locked and loaded by mid March.

Interim head coach Ryan Saunders said that Robert Covington has been "ramping things up" in his recovery from a right knee bone bruise.

Covington didn't accompany the team on their recent road trip, so Saunders didn't know the specifics of what RoCo has been doing, but he did say he's been doing more work on a stationary bike. While he may be ramping things up, being confined to work on a stationary bike would indicate he still has a long ways to go, and the Wolves haven't offered many updates on where he's at. Still, he offers too much upside to cut in most scenarios.

40 minutes ago, razgul said:

A little light @ the end of the tunnel? Need this guy locked and loaded by mid March.

Interim head coach Ryan Saunders said that Robert Covington has been "ramping things up" in his recovery from a right knee bone bruise.

Covington didn't accompany the team on their recent road trip, so Saunders didn't know the specifics of what RoCo has been doing, but he did say he's been doing more work on a stationary bike. While he may be ramping things up, being confined to work on a stationary bike would indicate he still has a long ways to go, and the Wolves haven't offered many updates on where he's at. Still, he offers too much upside to cut in most scenarios.

i need him mid february...

• Like 1

Same here. Currently fighting for the 8th seed but we are only a game away from each other until the 5th seed. But I also cannot find someone better on the wire.

If he can come sooner it would be much better. 5 weeks until our playoffs.