Saucy

Robert Covington 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Chandler still injured so we dont know yet but he looked great. Some of his 3s looked off tho. Defense looked as good as ever

2 minutes ago, SnackilleOatmeal said:

Anyone see the game last night? How did he look? He dropped to me at #76 in my draft, are the concerns of Chandler affecting his PT valid?

Playing time was solid and Fultz sucked.  I’m not saying this because of one preseason game, I’ve said it all along, Fultz isn’t going to impact his playing time.  The bad news is he was typically inefficient and didn’t score much.  The good news is his 2 threes/2 steals/1 block.  As for how he looked?  Idk you’re not going to get any hot takes on that.  He mostly sat around the 3point line and played excellent defense which is what he does and why he ranked as one of the top players for DPRM last season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StifleTower2 said:

Playing time was solid and Fultz sucked.  I’m not saying this because of one preseason game, I’ve said it all along, Fultz isn’t going to impact his playing time.  The bad news is he was typically inefficient and didn’t score much.  The good news is his 2 threes/2 steals/1 block.  As for how he looked?  Idk you’re not going to get any hot takes on that.  He mostly sat around the 3point line and played excellent defense which is what he does and why he ranked as one of the top players for DPRM last season. 

Yeah, I saw that the stocks were there, it's his low FG% that scares people off. Stocks are hard to find though, so that's good to hear. 

Brothers and sisters, blessings be upon you. May the Lord bring a rain of threes and a bountiful harvest of steals and blocks tonight so we can all eat well this season!

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Death to the naysayers bore false tidings of a lord names "Fultz" who they swore would destroy our Great Lord and take from him his beloved playing time.

• Haha 3

I made the noob mistake of benching our Lord after the 1st game.

Please Lord, forgive me for I know not what I do.    I shall place thee back into the starting lineup immediately.

Edited by alexstr
  • Haha 3

encouraging usage tonight, every time simmons touched the ball he immediately passed to Bob. Philly wants him involved in the offense. they need his shooting. 

52 minutes ago, alexstr said:

Please Lord, forgive me for I know not what I do.    I shall place thee back into the starting lineup immediately.

You peasant! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alexstr said:

If we confess our sins, The Lord will grant thee forgiveness.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, alexstr said:

For shame, drop him or never make the same mistake, you are not worthy, only special kind of people have that honor, better pray and hope that Lord's forgiveness and kindness will be greater than your sins

• Like 1

Just saw an article saying that he’s only 27% owned in ESPN. There’s no way. And this isn’t the first time I’ve seen weird ownership numbers for espn leagues. Is it really like that in espn leagues 

8 minutes ago, andy1234 said:

Just saw an article saying that he’s only 27% owned in ESPN. There’s no way. And this isn’t the first time I’ve seen weird ownership numbers for espn leagues. Is it really like that in espn leagues 

he's only 76% ownership in Yahoo leagues

Covington isn't a big name and his stats don't exactly scream "TOP RANKING PICK!!!"

53 minutes ago, andy1234 said:

24.2%

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, fantasm said:

Covington isn't a big name and his stats don't exactly scream "TOP RANKING PICK!!!"

Actually 95% on Yahoo.

The 2nd part of your post is traditionally true, but I couldn't get the Lord at a discount in any of my leagues this year unfortunately.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, andy1234 said:

I think Covington had been ranked outside of 120 in ESPN for a bit. On top of that, If you have a lot of inactive users during draft, Cov may not be the most popular pick.

1 hour ago, RCRanger03 said:

Dropped in my league... am I missing some bad news?

Not really, except that you play in a bad league. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, fantasm said:

76 and 27 is a bit difference though. Covington should surely be at least 70% owned. Even in a shallow league. I thought I was missing something.

10 hours ago, dekciw_1 said:

Not really, except that you play in a bad league. :)

That would be good news, easy money is never a bad thing. Although it's been a pretty competitive league for 5 years... I just assumed the guy knew something I didn't

I'm unlikely to get him from last position waiver, but if the crazy happens then farewell Bazemore I never even got to see you follow up your big game with a dud haha