Saucy

Robert Covington 2018-2019 Season Outlook

3 minutes ago, taenggg said:

SELL HIGH before the come down B)

The thought has crossed my mind. Not sure other owners would bite and that there would be a ton of value out there for him. 

For what it's worth, in an 8-cat roto league, I just offered Caris Levert + Jarrett Allen for him.  Just a random data point as to how he may be perceived in trade offers.

• Thanks 1

The Lord will remember those who sold him high for peasants.  Forgive us Thy Lord for even considering trading you.

Edited by JimboSlice
  • Haha 2

He finished top 40 or so the past two years. Even with regression should be good for that ballpark again this year. Are you going to get anything better by trading him now in the midst of a fire streak?

i had to trade him for mcgee, still feel bad for doing it but it was a smart business move since mcgee is doing damage also

28 minutes ago, L3onD said:

i had to trade him for mcgee, still feel bad for doing it but it was a smart business move since mcgee is doing damage also

You are Lucky that our Lord Covington has no ability to cast witchcraft because McGee would not last long!  However, Lord Covington is kind and will only mildly chastise you for such an act.

In reality, meh.. you gotta do what you gotta do McGee is ridonkulous and fun to watch! :)  

• Haha 2

Every year, the thought of giving up the Lord crosses your mind & every time you forsake him, you regret it and try to return under his guiding light. Be warned heathens for the Lord may be kind but he is vengeful.

5 hours ago, Heavy_Jon said:

This is THE BEST tread in this forum by far.

Yeah the Boban owners were really desperate for their own Cov and they lost out on both fronts.

• Haha 1

In all seriousness he's hard to trade because he's just so damn consistent from year to year. No one thinks he's going to keep this 3-2-2 pace up. And if he goes on a shooting tear people will be wary of regression. By the same token if hes shooting like 29% from three no one's going to be all that excited about acquiring him either.

When he went cold last year he wasn't even startable.

Best case: locate the manager in your league, preferably roto, most desperate for stocks and focus there.

1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

Goals of fantasy draft: draft your studs, draft Covington and other 2/1/1 guys to fill up roster= winning

That's for damn sure.  If you went Stars N Scrubs in an auction and went something like Curry/Durant for sub $140 which was possible this year, got Roco for sub $20 (and he was going for far less this year) then just filled out the rest of your roster with $3 flyers then you're probably crushing it atm.  That's without even drafting some of the mid-range players whom have crushed their ADP this year (Kemba, DeRozan, Lowry, Vuc, Jordan, Gallo, etc.)  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It didn't help that Wilson Chandler was there. I was at the game and after the second quarter, I felt like every time I looked, Chandler was out there and Roco wasn't. But you know how it is, sometimes you pay less attention when you're at the game than you do just watching it on TV (Chandler really only played 10).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Boner said:

5/3/1 with 1 3pt, 1stl, 0blk in 31 mins.

The Lord giveth and The Lord taketh away.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhaahahhahahahahaahahahhhhhhhh

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjdT3mCna2IXfcDLsAnj-

Hmm he still played 32 min, so probably just one of those dud games?

• Like 1

It's a foul plagued game for everyone. He didn't have his long stretches of minutes because of his early 3rd in the first half.

• Thanks 1

Went from beasting to being awful like someone flipped a switch. My H2H matchup did the same thing as him as soon as he switched. :unsure:

18 minutes ago, Walk with me said:

Tbh i don’t even care. This weeks W is sealed for me. He kicked a**. I’ll take the junk game today for the bounce back tomorrow.

It was the game before today's as well.

He starts well every year than falls off the face of the earth. Check the prior year season Outlook threads. I still want him on my squad though :)

Just got him and Vucevic for Simmons and Sabonis

Then I remembered those tough stretches. Cant pass up the opportunity to participate in this thread. 

• Like 1