Sign in to follow this  
4catztoomany

Goldy/JD trade in Dynasty 100% WHIR

Recommended Posts

8 team dynasty with 31 man rosters.  One little important factor is that the team I'm trading to is not overly invested this year but I don't wan tto take advantage because I want to make sure whomever takes over the team next year has a competitive team. 

 

Looking to really upgrade my team.  I'm in 7th but not doing as bad as it sounds. I keep losing each week in HR, RBI, runs  My team is: 

1b: Votto

2b: Gordon (Hiura keeper)

SS: Machado/Escobar (Tatis Jr. Keeper)

3b: Using Escobar there now (Senzel keeper)

OF: Castellanos

OF: Acuna

OF: Conforto

Util: Justin Turner

Util: Aguilar

Bench: Meadows, Myers, Pham gives me a lot of outfielders.

Farm: Tatis jr., Hiura, Sixto, Kopech, Vladdy, Senzel

 

SP: Pivetta, Beuhler, Soroka, Heaney, Peralta, Happ, Bundy, Archer and Sixto and Kopech on my farm. 

 

My team is really behind in homeruns, RBIs, runs

 

I'm looking to trade away Votto/Conforto or Myers/Minter/Sixto or Kopech for Goldy and JD martinez.  I could alternatively Sub in for Newcomb  or my other prospect for Conforto or Myers but it might make me lag in high upside SP depth, and gives me excess at the offensive positions.  

 

What do you guys think?  Is it a fair trade overall? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, burty1 said:

You are getting Goldy/JD?  You could give Myers and Minter?  Am I reading that right?

 

If yes, run to the computer and do it!

 

2

Just to be clear.  It is Votto + Myers OR conforto + Minter + Sixto or Kopech

 

Alternatively, instead of Myers OR Conforto it could be Newcomb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, 4catztoomany said:

Just to be clear.  It is Votto + Myers OR conforto + Minter + Sixto or Kopech

 

Alternatively, instead of Myers OR Conforto it could be Newcomb. 

 

All of the above are fantastic steals for you.  I'd probably do the Votto/ Conforto / Minter / Sixto version.  How does AJ Minter have any value in an 8-teamer?  And Conforto?  Really that's an absurd deal for you.  JD = Votto (give or take a bit) so you are really getting Goldy for three marginal players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We include holds as a category so Minter carries value there, and in fact, I keep more Hold guys than saves guys because there are a ton of hold guys with great peripherals and I get a ton of value from them.  Plus, I'm trading to a guy who is a huge Braves fan who thinks he's the next closer for years.  I personally will trade any RP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta hold onto Votto, Conforto, Myers on you're team. Next find a couple other pieces to dangle for the Goldy/JD side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it doesn't seem to be enough.  What about making it: Votto/J. Bell/Meadows/Minter (he really wants Minter)/Newcomb/Sixto for his JD and Goldy.  He is severely lacking in SP depth and while both of those are nowhere near aces,  they both offer a ton of upside. His best SP is Wacha.  He's not getting studs but I'm thinking the volume can make up for it.  Keep in mind, he's essentially given up this year so I don't want to trade to seem totally lopsided.  Is it at least a bit more balanced? 

 

That leaves me with an OF of Casty, Acuna and JD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 4catztoomany said:

8 team dynasty with 31 man rosters.  One little important factor is that the team I'm trading to is not overly invested this year but I don't wan tto take advantage because I want to make sure whomever takes over the team next year has a competitive team

 

I'm looking to trade away Votto/Conforto or Myers/Minter/Sixto or Kopech for Goldy and JD martinez.  I could alternatively Sub in for Newcomb  or my other prospect for Conforto or Myers but it might make me lag in high upside SP depth, and gives me excess at the offensive positions.  

 

What do you guys think?  Is it a fair trade overall? 

 

Those offers you're suggesting are more than taking advantage of him. They really aren't relatively close. Like, not even close to being close. I don't think either package is enough for just 1 of Goldy or JDM, let alone both. 

Those trades are robbery. If you really want to not take advantage, you need to move on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sngehl01 said:

 

Those offers you're suggesting are more than taking advantage of him. They really aren't relatively close. Like, not even close to being close. I don't think either package is enough for just 1 of Goldy or JDM, let alone both. 

Those trades are robbery. If you really want to not take advantage, you need to move on. 

 

Maybe I'm just overvaluing some of my players but I guess I don't see my last offer as not being "relatively close."  It might not be ideal but it fills several holes for him and whomever takes over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 4catztoomany said:

Yeah, it doesn't seem to be enough.  What about making it: Votto/J. Bell/Meadows/Minter (he really wants Minter)/Newcomb/Sixto for his JD and Goldy.  He is severely lacking in SP depth and while both of those are nowhere near aces,  they both offer a ton of upside. His best SP is Wacha.  He's not getting studs but I'm thinking the volume can make up for it.  Keep in mind, he's essentially given up this year so I don't want to trade to seem totally lopsided.  Is it at least a bit more balanced? 

 

That leaves me with an OF of Casty, Acuna and JD. 

 

There's no way that should happen, yet again. Votto turns 35 this fall. He's shown some strong signs of regression. Josh Bell shouldn't be starting in an 8 team league and I don't think he has much appreciable upside. Meadows is a solid get. I like Newcomb. Sixto I can take or leave. 

 

An 8 team league with only 31 man rosters isn't that deep. There is plenty of prospect pitching he can go jump in on. Marginal depth (which you're sending him) comes with an opportunity cost to not be able to add other young guys. Someone like Bieber who comes along, or adding a guy like Paddack off the WW. 

 

I know if I looked at your WW for 5 minutes I could tell you 4 guys he could add that would make that trade severely skewed in your favor. That's not even counting the fact he's gonna have to cut 4 guys. 

Getting back two top 25/30 dynasty bats for that is insane man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 4catztoomany said:

Maybe I'm just overvaluing some of my players but I guess I don't see my last offer as not being "relatively close."  It might not be ideal but it fills several holes for him and whomever takes over. 

 

Well, yeah, you are. 


I mean, Votto is gonna get you name value. But he and goldy, especially in a dynasty, aren't close. 

 

Let's say it's Votto/Conforto : Votto is 34, soon to be 35. He's on pace for career lows. He's 4 years older than Goldschmidt at not producing anywhere near as much. There's a very real chance that what we're seeing out of Votto is very well what you get ROS and next year, and downhill even more after that. 

Conforto was at risk of being sent down earlier in the year. He has struggled hard again this year. Not what you want to see out of a guy who is injury prone, had production questions concerning him before last year (and questions if he could keep it up). FWIW : I just added Conforto off my very competitive 12 team dynasty money league (we roster 30). I added him last week. On the other hand, JD hasn't been a pillar of health either, but has been an absolute stud when playing. He his 45 homers with 104 RBI in 120 games last year (batted .303). Year before that he hit 22 hr and 68 RB and batted .307 in 120 games. Year before that he hit 38 homers and batted .282 in 158 games. Year before that he hit 23 homers and batted .315 in 123 games. Conforto isn't even a little bit close to that, especially considering 2018 where JD is on pace for 50 homers, 130 RBI, and a .326. 

Votto/Conforto for Goldschmidt/JD is obscenely bad, no matter how you slice it. 

 

So, that's the first deal. 

 

The second deal is 

 

Myers/Minter/Sixto for Goldy/JD

 

First, let's compare Myers + Minter or Sixto for JD -> See notes abotu JD above, but no way. Myers you are trying to sell for this "upside" everyone dreamed of 2 years ago when he was 25 and hit 28 hr and stole 28 bases with a .260 BA. He took a step back last year, adding 2 hr but swiping 8 fewer bases, but the BA dropped off 16 points and he struck out more. Fast forward to this year : he's been hurt, but ineffective. Minter nor Sixto is enough to close the gap to move Myers for 1 of Goldy or JD. 

That leave the other player (whoever isn't part of the myers + (minter or sixto) deal) for Goldy. Do i have to really defend why AJ Minter or Sixto Sanchez isn't enough for Paul Goldschmidt? 

Again man, just giving you my advice. I'm rooting for you to take these deals, but if you are truly concerned about the balance in the league, or the new owner taking over a competitive team, do not do these two deals. They are beyond bad. Everyone gets too attached to their prospects. Prospect ranking means nothing. I honestly think both are still skewed way in your favor even if you add Vlad Jr. and Tatis, and I absolutely love Vlad Jr. and Tatis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sngehl01 said:

 

There's no way that should happen, yet again. Votto turns 35 this fall. He's shown some strong signs of regression. Josh Bell shouldn't be starting in an 8 team league and I don't think he has much appreciable upside. Meadows is a solid get. I like Newcomb. Sixto I can take or leave. 

 

An 8 team league with only 31 man rosters isn't that deep. There is plenty of prospect pitching he can go jump in on. Marginal depth (which you're sending him) comes with an opportunity cost to not be able to add other young guys. Someone like Bieber who comes along, or adding a guy like Paddack off the WW. 

 

I know if I looked at your WW for 5 minutes I could tell you 4 guys he could add that would make that trade severely skewed in your favor. That's not even counting the fact he's gonna have to cut 4 guys. 

Getting back two top 25/30 dynasty bats for that is insane man. 

 

Thank you.  Should also add in we have 6 player farm teams.  Thanks for the feedback.  Part of this is that the mentality of the league is that they are obsessed with young guys.  Bieber and Paddack are both already snagged up and there are a bunch of MiLB guys just sitting on rosters and we don't have N/A slots.   Older guys that probably should be on teams aren't because everyone wants the young guy.  Markakis sat on the WW for a couple of months despite the season he's having because he was deemed too old.  I understand from a pure analytics standpoint it looks pretty poor so I'm just trying to explain the personality dynamics of the league.  No one wanted to even consider my Morton this year to push them into a possible championship because he was deemed too old, same for Justin Turner.

 

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.  I really do appreciate it. This team in last has churned through 3 owners in the last 3 years so it's basically become a pile of crap.  I'll keep thinking of ways to add something back to the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sngehl01 said:

 

absolutely love Vlad Jr. and Tatis. 

 

 

Just to add in how the league values prospects, an owner was considering my Vlad + Tatis for Arenado and the only reason he wouldn't do the deal is that it left him without a decent 3b option.  

Edited by 4catztoomany

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are a con man looking for a mark.  Make no mistake, all these deals are ridiculous.  If he falls for this, congrats, you conned him.  A good commissioner will exercise his veto power.  Oh, let me guess, you ARE the commissioner and you are playing with your wife's girlfriends and trying to justify these deals as being fair.  Have a nice weekend pick-pocketing old ladies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, 4catztoomany said:

 

Thank you.  Should also add in we have 6 player farm teams.  Thanks for the feedback.  Part of this is that the mentality of the league is that they are obsessed with young guys.  Bieber and Paddack are both already snagged up and there are a bunch of MiLB guys just sitting on rosters and we don't have N/A slots.   Older guys that probably should be on teams aren't because everyone wants the young guy.  Markakis sat on the WW for a couple of months despite the season he's having because he was deemed too old.  I understand from a pure analytics standpoint it looks pretty poor so I'm just trying to explain the personality dynamics of the league.  No one wanted to even consider my Morton this year to push them into a possible championship because he was deemed too old, same for Justin Turner.

 

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.  I really do appreciate it. This team in last has churned through 3 owners in the last 3 years so it's basically become a pile of crap.  I'll keep thinking of ways to add something back to the team.

 

Really not surprised with them etiher. 6 man farms make a tiny difference, but not much. I knew Bieber was rostered, I'm saying I bet he wasn't at the start of the year. Same for Paddack. Rogelio Armenteros, Lewis Thrope, Nolan Jones, Hudson Potts, Carter Kieboom, Kohl Stewart, there's a lot of not top 100 guys who are great holds. Then you get guys called up who aren't top 100 (Bieber, Loaisaga, Kingham, Pivetta, Lucchessi, Lauer, Peralta for pitchers off the top of my head for this year, guys like Haniger, Hoskins, Luis Castillo last year). That's not including the guys who just bust out of nowhere (Judge, Severino, Ray, Bewcomb, Muncy, Foltynewicz, Wacha, Godley, Didi, Ozuna, Eddie Rosario and Eduardo Escobar, Whit MErrifield, Suarez, etc). Holding depth costs you shots at guys like those. Yes, the depth guys you're moving could be those guys, but you are consolidating your talent into upper tier players, leaving you 4 empty spots what you can take pot shots. On the other hand, the other guy would have to cut a guy who is about equal value to take that shot. It makes it easier to take those shots with the high end talent. 

 

I'm just saying, there are so many guys right now not rostered or ranked that are going to be impact players in the next calendar year. 


Not shocked no one wants Justin Turner. Morton you should be able to move for a nice little return but idk what you're asking for. You also have to realize with only 3 OF spots and 2 UTIL teams are probably gonna have a lot of hitting, to where rostering Markakis for an upside bat doesn't make sense. He sat a while in my league too. if he had so much value, why didn't you or I add him? 

 

53 minutes ago, 4catztoomany said:

 

Just to add in how the league values prospects, an owner was considering my Vlad + Tatis for Arenado and the only reason he wouldn't do the deal is that it left him without a decent 3b option.  

 

It's not uncommon for things to get like that. I routinely capitalize on it, but it's never for a guy like Arenado. It always takes major league talent + a prospect or two to get him. For instance, if you were sending back a decent 3B option the deal would have gotten done, right? So Vlad/Tatis wasn't enough for Nado, but if somehow he owned Suarez/Rendon/Castellanos or even a guy like Moustakas, does he take it? Essentially it'd be Tatis/Vlad/Mous for Nado. That's a good deal both ways, depending on wants/needs. I'll gladly lose a deal "in a vacuum" if I have the piece on my bench I need to even it out. For example : I have Rhys Hoskins blocked pretty much everywhere in my dynasty I mentioned earlier. But I could use another SP. So i'm looking at offering Hoskins for Morton. Bad deal for me? Sure, in a vac, but my other bats are just nuts and I need an arm. 

Anyway, good luck with your dealings man. I'll shut up now. ha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're probably just better off going after one of Goldy or JD Martinez, not both. To get both, you'd probably have to include more than one of Machado, Acuna, Vlad, Votto, Gordon, etc. which is something I don't think you're willing to do (and probably doesn't make sense to do). The offers you've mentioned so far are more in the realm of what it would take to get just 1 of them. So that might be the better approach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of this makes sense, I may try and work out a deal for Goldy then.  Thanks for the feedback and glad I didn't just jump on something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay.  Last bit of advice.  I"ve settled on preferring Goldy.  Votto+Dee+one of my pitchers like Newcomb or Kopech or Sixto for Goldy.  Am I finally pretty close or pretty far off?  I'm sucking in steals anyway so I'm good punting it and can shuffle around my other players to fill the void he's left.  He is running out Kipnis right now at 2b. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup I'd say that's a decent offer. I'd go with Sixto for the pitcher. And then just see what the other guy says and what he's looking for. But that's a good starting point anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.