Sign in to follow this  
Brol79

Would you trade Chris sale for Freddie freeman in keeper league?

So got sent this offer of my Chris sale for Freddie freeman. I think I need the extra bat more than i need sale. But I love the idea of having two top aces in Severino and sale on my team. Here’s my team  

c-Ramos 

1b- bird

2b-rizzo

ss- Bregman

3b- beltre 

Of- Harper, peralta, Haniger

ut-Jose Martinez, meadows 

bn-Gardner 

Sp-Severino, sale, clevinger, Skaggs, Mikolas, freeland, Guerra, minor, 

Rp-kimbrel, Morrow, kela, minter, roe

we keep 6 forever w no restrictions or penalties. 

If you are in last place with no chance of winning I'd make that deal. If not, I don't think your pitching staff will hold up for a deep playoff run without Sale.

Def get the Tomahawk chop. He's a beast and will always give ya plenty of awesome stats each season! 

On 6/29/2018 at 10:48 AM, collucho said:

If you are in last place with no chance of winning I'd make that deal. If not, I don't think your pitching staff will hold up for a deep playoff run without Sale.

I’m definitely looking to go deep in the playoffs. I feel like My offense  can be better with the guys I have in place already. I’m still struggling with this one 

On ‎06‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 3:17 PM, astarlist said:

i think the gap between bird and freeman is bigger than between sale and a waiver wire pitcher. 

This is an excellent point.  Massive upgrade at 1B for you.  I would trade Sale for Freeman, who is one of the best all around hitters in the game.  I could see both ways, just depends on how you want to build your team.  

Typically, I'm a big believer that bats are worth more than SP and I'd tell you to trade for Freeman.  However, those elite Aces are near impossible to find - really there's a few of them... Kershaw, Scherzer, Sale, Sev, Kluber (you can probably even potentially toss Verlander in there).  I'd strongly consider holding onto Sale.....

Edited by IlliniGuy76

2 hours ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

Typically, I'm a big believer that bats are worth more than SP and I'd tell you to trade for Freeman.  However, those elite Aces are near impossible to find - really there's a few of them... Kershaw, Scherzer, Sale, Sev, Kluber (you can probably even potentially toss Verlander in there).  I'd strongly consider holding onto Sale.....

Yea and I have two of them (Severino & sale) which is a huge advantage. As much as I want to add a bat I think I’d be better served to get a medium tier guy like Jose Abreu and keep sale and Severino together.