Sign in to follow this  
Idoolittle

Should I shop Vlad Jr.?

10 team, keep 3 league. 7 x 5 (OBP, Hits)

My full team is in my sig. Keeper candidates right now are Trout, T. Turner, Soto, Vlad Jr., Bellinger, etc. So right now, is Vlad Jr. a keeper? Should I try to move him to get help this year if he's not?

Edited by Idoolittle

i would. try soto and vlad jr for a top 3 player if possible. who are the best players on the bottom teams that could use keeper help. go after mookie, areando, jo ram

tough in 10 teamer with only 3 keepers but maybe one team needs 2 great keepers 

• Thanks 1

Stick put with Vladdy Jr. Once he hits Toronto look out!!!!! Taters will be flying around! And you don't want to miss out on that action! 

• Thanks 2

I’m possibly thinking of Vlad Jr. + Aguilar + Price for Goldy + Kluber. The other owner offered me Springer for Vlad Jr. in the past, which I declined. So he has interest in him. But i’m just trying to figure out if Vlad Jr. is a keeper on not in my situation. I know he has shown a ton of potential, but he does also take up a roster spot for the rest of the season, I know I can get a good return for him, and I have other keeper options. So i’m wondering if that would be the better move for me or not. 

If someone is willing to overpay for Vlad Jr, then shop him around.  Otherwise hold on to him and see what happens the rest of the year.  He might be worth keeping over Turner or Soto depending on how things play out.  Just remember, Vlad is known more for his pure hitting skills rather than his power.  You are looking at a .320 hitter with 20-25 HR's probably which will play very well in your league settings.  Dont trade him just for the sake of trading him.  I would try Soto+Turner for Betts.  Having Betts + Trout is a huge keeper advantage right out of the gate

Edited by TheTruth024
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, TheTruth024 said:

If someone is willing to overpay for Vlad Jr, then shop him around.  Otherwise hold on to him and see what happens the rest of the year.  He might be worth keeping over Turner or Soto depending on how things play out.  Just remember, Vlad is known more for his pure hitting skills rather than his power.  You are looking at a .320 hitter with 20-25 HR's probably which will play very well in your league settings.  Dont trade him just for the sake of trading him.  I would try Soto+Turner for Betts.  Having Betts + Trout is a huge keeper advantage right out of the gate

Thanks! The guy that has Goldy and Kluber actually has Betts as well. I tried for him earlier in the year (right before Vlad got hurt when he was really hot) and he wasn’t interested. So I don’t think that’s going to happen. I’m just struggling where to gage Vlad compared to Turner/Soto, and whether trying to get Goldy + Kluber for Vlad + Aguilar + Price would make sense or whether I should just hold on to Vlad Jr.

37 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

Thanks! The guy that has Goldy and Kluber actually has Betts as well. I tried for him earlier in the year (right before Vlad got hurt when he was really hot) and he wasn’t interested. So I don’t think that’s going to happen. I’m just struggling where to gage Vlad compared to Turner/Soto, and whether trying to get Goldy + Kluber for Vlad + Aguilar + Price would make sense or whether I should just hold on to Vlad Jr.

yes that trade is good and makes sense if you can get it. helps this year and goldy is a better keeper than vlad and soto. 

trea is a lock for a keeper, and i would lean towards vlad jr over soto just because of the hype and pedigree and how he absolute make a joke of AA this year

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

and i would lean towards vlad jr over soto just because of the hype and pedigree and how he absolute make a joke of AA this year

Im not so sure about this.  Soto made a complete joke of all minor league pitching he saw as well, and so far has been the BEST hitter Washington has right now at the MAJOR LEAGUE level.  Vlad is going to be good, but is unproven at MLB.  Soto is hype AND proven.  Going to be a tough call on who to keep, but a nice spot to be in

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure what else Vlad needs to do to prove he needs to get promoted once he's healthy. I like Vlad over Soto long-term too, but I would still try to move him for a surefire keeper like Sale or Betts or JRam. Trea+Trout should win you SB almost every year so I would keep the two of them as well.

• Thanks 1

I would definitely shop him as great as he is he isn't proven.  If you can package him with a smaller piece for a top 20 type player-go for it.  And his name cache is high enough where it's possible to get that.  I am also intrigued by the previous poster saying to package him with Soto for a top 3-5 player. If you could get an Arenado, Altuve type for both of them, do it in a heartbeat.  I love Soto and Guerrero, but both have a ways to go before they are lockdown stars-even though it is very possible it will happen.

Thanks for helping with mine.

• Thanks 1

Since you only keep 3 I'd shop him for some SP or 1B help.  If you can land Goldy and Kluber I think you have to go for it.  If you're in the hunt for a title I think it's worth the sacrifice.  There's no proof that he'll dominate the MLB immediately anyway.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/705284-dynasty-trade-offer-go-for-it/

• Thanks 1

I'm a huge Vlad homer and personally wouldn't move him in my leagues. With your league settings if you can move him and soto and even another piece (that you wont keep) if need be for Betts or a top 5 hitter I'd do that all day and keep Trout along with them. Even if you miss out on soto and vlad reaching their potential you'd have 2 top 5 bats on your team to put yourself in a win now position. 

• Thanks 1

Like the idea of packaging him with Soto for an elite guy - doesn’t hurt you this year and gives you three nice keepers. I certainly wouldn’t give him away cheap - even if you aren’t planning on keeping him. 

I also think hed have to show something this year at majors for me to drop soto who has already done it (assuming he stays near what he’s done so far).

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone! I don't think I'll have much luck getting one of those top 5 players for Vlad Jr., but I might be able to get a couple top 20. Is that enough for Vlad given I have Trout, Turner, and Soto? Or do I just keep Vlad? Made a new post here:

no way

Shop Bellinger

I like Soto, but shop him while value high

I know he is elite, but i have Vlad above everybody/ Acuna/Soto/Torres

Only guy with a 80 grade hit tool, 65 grade power tool, combined 145

Bryant and Correa were 135

• Thanks 1