RedDogNamedClippers

Kristaps Porzingis 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Yeah, that is what Fiz is downplaying. It's a fine line. You don't want the fans to think you're holding him out even if that is what's best for the franchise and you don't want to frustrate your star because they will always want to play. Did Porzingis receive or take a new contract already? He's eligible for an extension right?

he's not coming back this season, some poster said big men heal faster...that's just delusional lmao. big men heal much slower cause they have more cells to heal (theyre bigger obviously).

he also didn't sign an extension

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/10/17/no-contract-extension-for-kristaps-porzingis-is-that-a-problem-depends/

7 minutes ago, fantasm said:

he's not coming back this season, some poster said big men heal faster...that's just delusional lmao. big men heal much slower cause they have more cells to heal (theyre bigger obviously).

I have no idea if Porzingis plays this year or not.  But this is medically unproven and dubious speculation at best.  And more like crackpot internet doctor....

Edited by VaTerp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, VaTerp said:

I have no idea if Porzingis plays this year or not.  But this is medically unproven and dubious speculation at best.  And more like crackpot internet doctor....

the fact is, how many nba big men do you see recover fast?

yao ming, shaq, kevin love, greg oden, the list goes on and on. when a big man gets injured, he almost never comes back.

I mean its the Knicks. They don’t have any reason to play him till they get a chance for a high draft pick 

• Like 1

Value question who would you rather hold on an IL spot porzingis or somebody like a caris levert 

10 minutes ago, Asapjoshy said:

Value question who would you rather hold on an IL spot porzingis or somebody like a caris levert 

A guy who got injured 9 months ago or a guy who got injured 9 days ago? Give me the guy that has been rehabbing longer

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

A guy who got injured 9 months ago or a guy who got injured 9 days ago? Give me the guy that has been rehabbing longer

I'm 99% sure Levert will come back before Porzingis.

36 minutes ago, yeet said:

I'm 99% sure Levert will come back before Porzingis.

Imo I’d trust levert back before porzingis which sounds crazy lol 

knicks won’t rush him back and want a High draft pick plus he’ll probably have a huge minutes restriction if he somehow does come back this season

4 hours ago, bballshinobi said:

Why are people still so hung up about Jeremy Lin? He has proven to be an average point guard in the NBA who is always injured. Even though it sucked to let him leave for nothing, but with the poison pill contract Houston offered him at the time, I said good riddance! 

I think Porzingis will come back this year though. When you are a player you want to play, so if he feels both mentally and physically ready I think he will play. Most players return after 10 months (December) and 12 month (ASG) if you want to be conservative, but apparently there's really no added safety past 12 months.

https://nypost.com/2018/09/27/doctors-arent-sure-about-kristaps-porzingis-acl-hesitation/

Lin was working with whatever was out there with the knicks.

i wouldn’t say the guy sucks, ever see some of the tackles people had on him while he drove in the lane?

sure porzingis wants to play but this isn’t some pick up game in grade school. It’s a pro league and he’s the knicks only blue chip cash cow.

its a losing season, they obviously suck and they’re benching kanter because they need to make sure he’s healthy for the trade deadline.

On 11/19/2018 at 10:51 PM, NBA_OG said:

Let him play one game first at least...chill

Haha I meant nostalgia from watching the past Knicks teams play on Sunday mornings. Those msg games need to come back, I remember watching Marcus camby lol 

20 hours ago, fantasm said:

yao ming, shaq, kevin love, greg oden, the list goes on and on. when a big man gets injured, he almost never comes back.

Valid point, I just have a good feeling he will play this season. His shooting will improve and most likely added different parts to his game in the meantime. Lavine came back last year because after surgery you have to play in real game time situation to see how the knee responds, If they don’t play porzingis this year it would make no sense to even rehab him but we’ll see how it plays out. I could be wrong , I’m rooting for the youngin to come back

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2018-11-20 at 11:39 AM, CityBaller8 said:

Valid point, I just have a good feeling he will play this season. His shooting will improve and most likely added different parts to his game in the meantime. Lavine came back last year because after surgery you have to play in real game time situation to see how the knee responds, If they don’t play porzingis this year it would make no sense to even rehab him but we’ll see how it plays out. I could be wrong , I’m rooting for the youngin to come back

Berman has pretty good sources and said that the Knicks expect KP to come back this season. Question is when. If he comes back too late he may not be ramped up enough to be fantasy relevant.

Apparently Porzingis is held in just over half of yahoo leagues. 

Out of curiosity, what kind of leagues are you owners holding him in? I am stashing in a 14 team 9 cat H2H. Hoping that we get some news here in the next few weeks about when he might practice again.

There's no way he'll be fantasy relevant this season. If he does come back, it'll be post-ASB and he'll be on a 15-20 minute limit, no b2bs.

1 hour ago, Eltoro said:

Berman has pretty good sources and said that the Knicks expect KP to come back this season. Question is when. If he comes back too late he may not be ramped up enough to be fantasy relevant.

Hey I've been trying to keep up to date with KP news, where did Berman say this?

2 hours ago, morinphen said:

Hey I've been trying to keep up to date with KP news, where did Berman say this?

November 8th column. 

https://nypost.com/2018/11/08/fizdale-utters-the-worst-case-porzingis-scenario-for-first-time/

I feel like the breadcrumbs are out there. I am like 80% certain he'll be back but 50/50 on whether he'll make an impact.

He won’t be worth owning even if he comes back. Expect a PG 13 like usage if he comes back. Pg came back the final month from that nasty broken leg and played around 15-20 min per at his peak.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, chud12 said:

He won’t be worth owning even if he comes back. Expect a PG 13 like usage if he comes back. Pg came back the final month from that nasty broken leg and played around 15-20 min per at his peak.  

Tbh I’d like holding him , get good news of a comeback , then trade him lol

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:14 PM, fantasm said:

Such an ignorant post. Four examples over the last 10 years, all cherry-picked to make your point. Give me a break.

He'll be back in as much time as it takes and his size obviously makes 0 difference.

This feels like the exact same situation as Zach Lavine from last year. No timeline. Tanking team. Player saying they are close and the team saying there is no timeline for a return. Then they have minutes capped, held out of B2Bs, and shut down early. Having held Lavine all of last season it isn't worth it. Porzingis is much better than Lavine, but you need a very specific league setting to be able to hold him and make sense of the opportunity cost. Just speaking from experience, these rehab situations take longer than you expect and produce much less of a contribution than you anticipate. 

On 12/6/2018 at 2:07 PM, thezing1 said:

This feels like the exact same situation as Zach Lavine from last year. No timeline. Tanking team. Player saying they are close and the team saying there is no timeline for a return. Then they have minutes capped, held out of B2Bs, and shut down early. Having held Lavine all of last season it isn't worth it. Porzingis is much better than Lavine, but you need a very specific league setting to be able to hold him and make sense of the opportunity cost. Just speaking from experience, these rehab situations take longer than you expect and produce much less of a contribution than you anticipate. 

He's in one of my ILs, got him with the last pick in the draft. Would be dope if he gets in some games without restrictions. But I'm not expecting him to play at all this season. Completely useless if you don't have an IL slot imo. 

Picked up this lottery ticket when his previous owner dropped him to put Horford on IL. 

Any indication he's ramping up practice? As far as I can tell, the last update was exactly a month ago when he told GQ he is doing 1-on-1 contact drills and feels like his rehab is coming to an end.