RedDogNamedClippers

Kristaps Porzingis 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I hope it's the case that he is 'healthy' but would be shocking to not have the Knicks play him some minutes every game if HE truly wanted to play. 

It will be interesting to see if Dallas plays him.  If I was them, even if he was cleared, I would still sit him just to be on the safe side.  But Dallas has absolutely no reason to tank, so if he is fully cleared and they still have a chance at the 8 seed, I can definitely see him playing.

45 minutes ago, Chrizz said:

If hes healthy and cleared there is no reason for the mavs not to play him. 

I don’t think you guys realize how banged up Zingis had been even before he his major injury last season. He has had so many lower body injuries it was getting tiresome at times. The Knicks were right to be cautious and POSs hold him out all year with nothing to play for and the Mavs are essentially tanking this season now. I would not be surprised at all if he doesn’t play this season for the Mavs either. 

I'll make the add for couple of a days. f--- Jabari.

3 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I don’t think you guys realize how banged up Zingis had been even before he his major injury last season. He has had so many lower body injuries it was getting tiresome at times. The Knicks were right to be cautious and POSs hold him out all year with nothing to play for and the Mavs are essentially tanking this season now. I would not be surprised at all if he doesn’t play this season for the Mavs either. 

They owe their pick to Atlanta if it`s 6-30. They def. are not tanking, because they can`t be in bottom top 5 with these Tank machines - Suns, Knicks, Cavs, Bulls and Hawks. With Grizzlies and Pelicans in the play, too, Mavs pick will be 10-14, if they don`t make the playoffs. Currently they are 11th. There is no way, they will tank this season.

1 hour ago, CheeseUgly said:

I hope it's the case that he is 'healthy' but would be shocking to not have the Knicks play him some minutes every game if HE truly wanted to play. 

In my most competitive league we have 1 move per week. I’ve got this week in the bag so I had the luxury of doing some light research. Obviously, nothing can amount to being in the mix and seeing how things are going down first-hand, but the clues definitely point to Porzingis wanting to play in a situation that’s holding him back. But to your point, it actually wouldn’t surprise me that the Knicks wouldn’t play him—they have an abismal rotation and are clearly stunting each player for the tank.

I burned my move picking him up because I do think Mavs will play him. To this point we’ve been given the date of Mid-February for an evaluation, but that date was set by the Knicks. There was that GQ article in November where Porzingis said he’s already taking contact drills. Fiz declined that he was taking any contact at all, which is peculiar. Then there was that talk about him ramping his rehab, going all in and the report that he was “essentially cleared to play.”

Timeline-wise, I think it’s conceivable that he wanted to get onto the court, got the run-around, sat there and watched them stunt a healthy Enes Kanter and realized the only way he’s playing this season is to tell his bro to get him the hell outta there. His cryptic post about the truth coming out could be about any aspect of his tenure, but for a guy in a competitive league with multiple IR spots, I choose to believe he’s suiting up sometime this month.

The guy is 23 and isn’t on a long-term deal. It makes sense (if, like the reports imply, he truly is healthy) that the mavs would start to build that bond with Doncic now at the most basic level with preliminary minute-restrictions until he can build his way back up by the end of the season. This way the new dynamic duo can hit the ground running for a run in 19-20.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, montanski said:

They owe their pick to Atlanta if it`s 6-30. They def. are not tanking, because they can`t be in bottom top 5 with these Tank machines - Suns, Knicks, Cavs, Bulls and Hawks. With Grizzlies and Pelicans in the play, too, Mavs pick will be 10-14, if they don`t make the playoffs. Currently they are 11th. There is no way, they will tank this season.

They just traded 3 starters oof, ofcourse the front office is sacrificing the season. The players and coaches obviously Won’t have that mentality but.. Well two cause they got Hardaway back but you don’t do that and still Want to compete for a playoff spot. 

Edited by chud12

5 minutes ago, chud12 said:

They just traded 3 starters of, ofcourse the front office is sacrificing the season. 

They also got some guys back. What makes me think that they plan to play Porzi , is the fact without deandre, they have no big guy left other than porzingod and that guy that Lloyd called a must add. Oh and dirk.  

Edit: they cant really tank so playing their two young studs to build chemistry makes perfect sence.

Edited by manolo_

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

They just traded 3 starters of, ofcourse the front office is sacrificing the season. 

I don’t necessarily think that’s true unless you’re referring to the Knicks here. Mavs have been shopping DSJ with the emergence of Doncic. The guys just don’t fit right together/there could be a better lineup and trading him for picks or an asset made sense. Matthews was an expiring contract guy that, like Ariza, was always in the mix to be moved at the deadline. To me, the trade is really Deandre and two first-round picks for Zingis, which is a price I’d pay to bring in a young star and fire up your fan base.

Plus, they got back THJ. It’ll be like Wes never left. It would be a different story if they completely exploded the roster and Barnes was gone as well (which may still happen by the deadline).

Obviously I’m just speculating here but Zingis has been banged up a ton way before he tore his knee up. If he did come back this year, maybe 10-20 min tops a night?? Is that worth it for the final 15 games or so when u need production playoff time. I love the guys skill set as much anyone but it pains me what happened In NY. Did the Knicks make mistakes sure but don’t act like Zingis didn’t mess up many times as well. Not showing up for that exit meeting with Phil two years ago was a horrid sign. He was the first player ever not to show up for one in Phil’s career. Let that marinate for a second and think about who Jackson has coached. 

Edited by chud12

5 minutes ago, chud12 said:

They just traded 3 starters oof, ofcourse the front office is sacrificing the season. The players and coaches obviously Won’t have that mentality but.. Well two cause they got Hardaway back but you don’t do that and still Want to compete for a playoff spot. 

If Porzingis is ready to play, their starting 5 is Brunson, Doncic, THJ, Barnes, Zing or Doncic, Lee, THJ, Barnes, Zing. They traded 3 starters and got 3 starters (or 2 starters + 2 solid bacups). And they have trade exception worth 12 mil., which they can use for some role player for playoff push. The point is, if you don`t have a reason to tank, you will give him mins, even limited. They haven`t much time to convince him to their team culture and desire to win, so they will def. play him this season. And i think that`s his desire, too, especially, if he wants to bet on himself and sign only QO after the season.

This guy is likely playing this season, no? 

When was the last time an injured star player was traded in this manner? 

Also really, as I said he should be ready to play 20+ mins at this point. A year is a long rehab time. If he put the work in it he is def ready to play. Boogie came back faster than that even and he alrdy played 25 mins 

If he is healthy I believe not playing him would be a big mistake. He needs to play some games to be mentally prepared since day 1 of next season. If he will have value in fantasy? Not that much since they will probably have a mins limit on him. He can still be a top70-80 player though.

He no longer has the Knicks curse on him. So you can safely expect the Unicorn to develop bionic knees, never miss a game and be an MVP candidate by this time next year.

Tweet by Thomas Duffy saying: KP is “essentially cleared to play” but was concerned about how the Knicks would handle his return, per @SBondyNYDN. Damn. There it is.

Thoughts? Considering dropping zizic/powell for him, even on limited minutes KP is a potentially league winning addition

Edited by finte

3 minutes ago, finte said:

Thoughts? Considering dropping zizic/powell for him, even on limited minutes KP is a potentially league winning addition

source.gif

28 minutes ago, finte said:

Tweet by Thomas Duffy saying: KP is “essentially cleared to play” but was concerned about how the Knicks would handle his return, per @SBondyNYDN. Damn. There it is.

Literally the only guy on the universe reporting this so I’ll wait for more confirmation from more credible sources before I make add. I don’t feel like holding a guy and waiting, and waiting, and waiting some more anymore hoping they might play soon. 

Edited by chud12
  • Like 1