Sign in to follow this  
floppy

My Lester for his albies?

Team in sig

i would slide him into the infield spot then acuna or Moreland or Eaton into utility.

pham has been s--- so maybe bench him. My offense has actually not been great surprisingly but also this hurts my staff. Would need to pick up a SP off waivers 

Weaver Castillo Roark Gonzales pivetta Lynn gausman ehh

Edited by floppy

No, do not do the trade.  You do not need Albies since you have Altuve.  Albies value is at 2B, and he has cooled off considerably in the power department so there are better options for the IF spot.  I dont mind trading Lester, but try and get someone better to fill that IF spot.  Moreland will now only hit against righties with the acquisition of Pearce.  Time to cut bait on Moreland.  Put Acuna in Util spot, he has the higher upside over Eaton IMO.  I would grab Pivetta off WW once Lester is traded.  He has good upside.

trade Lester for anything

Albies is a steal

Lester .234 babip is not sustainable

Lester 4.08 FIP

Pivetta 3.68 FIP

Dear god YES Ozzie is a beast and will give you a great 2B upgrade. Lester is 40 years old and terrible. 

Yes to the trade!

While you don't need Ozzie, he's still an awesome young player to have as MI.

Pick up Pivetta. Him alone isn't much of a "downgrade".

Best of luck, 

Albies is objectively more valuable than Lester, so it is a win for you even if you have some more shuffling to do afterwards. I prefer Pivetta's upside to Lester lol.

Albies is good.  If you need him,  go and get him, but don't think for a second that this wont hurt your pitching. 

Here are the comments from the last 3 posters:

"trade Lester for anything"

"Pick up Pivetta. Him alone isn't much of a downgrade".

"I prefer Pivetta's upside to Lester lol."

Lester is 11-2 with a 2.25 ERA.  In his last 6 starts, he is 6-0 with an ERA of 1.46.  All he does every time he pitches is hold the opponents to very few runs and win games.

Pivetta is 5-7 with an ERA of 4.66 and he just keeps getting worse.  In his last 6 starts, he is 0-4 with an ERA of 7.71.

These genius posters want you to believe that Lester and Pivetta are close in value.  Either they are on serious drugs or they have some swamp land to sell you.

28 minutes ago, Mobdad said:

Albies is good.  If you need him,  go and get him, but don't think for a second that this wont hurt your pitching. 

Lester is 11-2 with a 2.25 ERA.  In his last 6 starts, he is 6-0 with an ERA of 1.46.  All he does every time he pitches is hold the opponents to very few runs and win games.

Pivetta is 5-7 with an ERA of 4.66 and he just keeps getting worse.  In his last 6 starts, he is 0-4 with an ERA of 7.71.

These genius posters want you to believe that Lester and Pivetta are close in value.  Either they are on serious drugs or they have some swamp land to sell you.

Agree with this poster. Lester is still the crafty vet. Pivetta's upside is not that attractive! Altuve at 2b and therefore Ozzie not needed. However, if you do do that, I don't mind picking Roark or Gonzales. Both have better numbers that Pivetta. I wouldn't do the trade. I'd drop Moreland and add a SP. Like you said, your offense has be fine.

Edited by JonathanGunz12

2 hours ago, Mobdad said:

This is both insulting as well as being poor advice. Sure, you are a Cubs fan, but it is no secret that Lester is radically outperforming all of his peripherals, and is inching towards an inevitable implosion. His ERA and winrate are both phenomenal so far this season, yes. That is why you sell him high while you still can and hope that your trade partner believes his performance is legit. The dude's strand rate is absurdly unsustainable, his ground ball percentage tanked, his hard hit rate is higher than ever, his xFIP is a career high, the BABIP is far too low for his career, the walks are slightly up, the strikeouts are notably low, and his SIERA is higher than it has been since he first entered the majors. Literally every single performance metric is saying that Lester isn't pitching well, and is getting luckier than any other pitcher in the league. The ONLY good metrics here are his ERA and winrate, and those are also coincidentally the only metrics that are largely less related to pitching performance. Jason Vargas comes to mind from the first half of last year, and I think we all remember how he did after the ASB.

What's more, saying that Pivetta is "0-4 and getting worse" is also very misleading. He is 0-2 in his last 4 starts with 2 no decisions, and in one of those starts he had a career high 13 strikeouts over 7.1 innings before the bullpen lost the game for him. And aside from two big blowups against the Washington offense which seems to be his kryptonite (which cannot be excused, but should be noted), Pivetta is sitting at a mid 3s ERA with one of the best K/9 and swinging strike % in the league. Now, none of this necessarily means that Pivetta is guaranteed to finish the season with better stats than Lester, but given the advanced stats, Pivetta should be seeing better results than he has as the season goes forward, and Lester should see his ERA and winrate normalize as he stops getting so outrageously lucky. Now is the time to sell Lester for whatever you can get for him, and getting back Albies is a STEAL for value. Getting Pivetta for free afterwards is just an added bonus.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2018 at 10:23 AM, JonathanGunz12 said:

Lester is still the crafty vet. Pivetta's upside is not that attractive!

Crafty is cute. Fortunate is more accurate.:rolleyes:

Anyone who thinks a .246 babip is sustainable, is dreaming. Career .296

A strand rate % of 85% Career 75%

A 7.11 K/9 which is below league average, and below Lesters career average

FIP 4.16

xFIP 4.51

With a minimum of 60 innings, Lester ranks 2nd in run support per 9, with  6.41

That is a big reason for 11 wins

All these signs, point to every possible thing going more then right for him.

Once these luck factors even out, you won't see Lester end the year at a 2.25 era.