J.T. Marlin

Kevin Love 2018-19 Season Outlook

14 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Hm Kevin Love to Denver rumors, would be nice fit to Jokic

And Milsap goes to the bench?

14 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Hm Kevin Love to Denver rumors, would be nice fit to Jokic

Can you provide the source? That is intriguing as hell.

3 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Can you provide the source? That is intriguing as hell.

Some NBA front office personnel believe Cleveland Cavaliers star Kevin Love is "available for the proverbial right price," the New York Times' Marc Stein reported Tuesday.

Stein speculated the Denver Nuggets could be one team that makes a run at Love, based on their "longstanding fondness" for the five-time All-Star.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

And Milsap goes to the bench?

I'd assume milsap will be part of the trade if it happens with his team option next season.

1 minute ago, DezedandConfused said:

Milsap+Barton+1st for Kevin Love+JR? Thoughts

As a Barton and Klove owner, I’d love it. But the glaring thing would be us not having to worry about getting shut down.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I just dropped Kent Bazemore to stash Kevin Love. We don’t have IR in our 12 team H2H league. I also dropped Dedmon for Jerami Grant. Thoughts?

Edited by wachek14

6 hours ago, wachek14 said:

I just dropped Kent Bazemore to stash Kevin Love. We don’t have IR in our 12 team H2H league. I also dropped Dedmon for Jerami Grant. Thoughts?

Wrong sub forum 

What’s everyone’s guess on his ETA? He started going through shooting drills today.

• Like 1

End of January maybe? Or early Feb. They are going to be extra careful and look for trades at the same time.

If they are gonna trade him, I could see them rushing him back to boost his trade stock. I thought I read a report last week that he was gonna return sometime during cavs upcoming 6 game road trip?

20 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

End of January maybe? Or early Feb. They are going to be extra careful and look for trades at the same time.

They would need to showcase him before the Feb 7th deadline if they want to trade him.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

They would need to showcase him before the Feb 7th deadline if they want to trade him.

I don't think Kevin Love needs showcasing. You know what you get. The only showcase would be to show he is healthy and you only need few games for that.

Exactly.. so in order for him to be showcased he would need to come back in late January at the latest.

john-wall-rolling-his-eyes-wizards-suck.

Edited by JormaJormala

Just now, JormaJormala said:

I don't think Kevin Love needs showcasing. You know what you get. The only showcase would be to show he is healthy and you only need few games for that.

Exactly.. so in order for him to be showcased he would need to come back in late January at the latest.

• Like 1

What is this ish? Every update has said returning mid January and now all of a sudden AT BEST the all star break? Is that just unfounded conjecture by the blurb writer?

Kevin Love - F/C -  Cavaliers

Kevin Love (left foot surgery) will now progress with select basketball activities and continue to advance his therapy and strength and conditioning program.

He had surgery way back on Nov. 2, and recently had an exam on Jan. 2 to check on his progress. The team adds a return to play timeline will be established as progression through this phase of his rehabilitation is complete. This isn't exactly a clear update, and it doesn't sound like he's anywhere close to taking on contact. At best, he might be hoping for a return after the break and there's still a chance he just shuts it down.

1 hour ago, RCRanger03 said:

What is this ish? Every update has said returning mid January and now all of a sudden AT BEST the all star break? Is that just unfounded conjecture by the blurb writer?

Kevin Love - F/C -  Cavaliers

Kevin Love (left foot surgery) will now progress with select basketball activities and continue to advance his therapy and strength and conditioning program.

He had surgery way back on Nov. 2, and recently had an exam on Jan. 2 to check on his progress. The team adds a return to play timeline will be established as progression through this phase of his rehabilitation is complete. This isn't exactly a clear update, and it doesn't sound like he's anywhere close to taking on contact. At best, he might be hoping for a return after the break and there's still a chance he just shuts it down.

The speculation is excessive but this is not a positive update. They aren't giving a timeline until his current phase of rehab is done. Which means practice is probably a couple weeks away and then he probably needs a couple weeks after that. 

I'd say at best another three weeks and at worst after the ASB. Unless there is a setback, and then all bets are off.

On 12/28/2018 at 5:08 PM, Padilla814 said:

I bought in but it cost me Collins and Dunn.. rolling the dice I guess.

I wanted to quote this and bump it.. Rolled the dice and lost.

I was able to get Payton off of FA wire to help offset losing Dunn.. but definitely undervalued Collins.

I’m hoping he gets traded which then they’d showcase him over a couple of games which would be end of january

Kevin Love (left foot surgery) "seemed to back off of his goal of a mid-January timeline" according to Joe Vardon of The Athletic.

Vardon's story will drop soon, but this doesn't sound very encouraging. We'll wait for additional details, but Love is obviously going to take his sweet time and the Cavs probably don't mind so they can increase their odds in the Zion Williamson sweepstakes. Stay tuned.
Jan 7 - 1:55 PM

What a waste of a draft pick. f--- this guy, I'm not even gonna look at him next year.

Posted (edited)

tenor.gif?itemid=5630596

I pulled a 2 for 1 specifically to prepare for his return... For the first time I'm feeling unsure if he will

Edited by RCRanger03