J.T. Marlin

Kevin Love 2018-19 Season Outlook

like i said in the other thread (merge), love is being overlooked due to lebron hindering his stats.....wouldnt be surprised to see him go back to minnesota form, back when he was being drafted in the first round.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2018 at 6:22 PM, scienze said:

like i said in the other thread (merge), love is being overlooked due to lebron hindering his stats.....wouldnt be surprised to see him go back to minnesota form, back when he was being drafted in the first round.

Bingo! Minny KLove is back!

1 hour ago, ShopHeirlooms said:

Bingo! Minny KLove is back!

I'm not sure he still has that athleticism any more. 

(I'm still expecting a big year )

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quazza said:

I'm not sure he still has that athleticism any more. 

(I'm still expecting a big year )

he’s 30 years old lol .. dominique wilkins won a dunk contest at that age 

On 26/09/2018 at 3:51 AM, jmoney23 said:

Why does everyone assume he's a shutdown risk?  That's not just a blanket statement you can put on every star on every bad team.  Only bush league franchises pull that crap (see:  Phoenix Suns and Eric Bledsoe).

The Cavs ARE a bush league franchise. LeBron’s place or birth was the only reason they weren’t and he’s gone again.  

23 hours ago, ShopHeirlooms said:

When did he ever have athleticism? ?

I think his athleticism was really under rated in Minny. No, not a high fligher, but athleticism isn't just dunking 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RCRanger03 said:

Will he play in full tonight? I've heard he'll be limited...

Lue says he's planning to play him in shorter bursts because he doesn't think his cardio will be there after not playing since the 2nd.  I think it's reasonable to expect shorter minute allocation for the first game, but if you're thinking about not playing him because you have someone on your bench who will player better than KLove in like 25-30 minutes, then you're winning a championship anyway.  I wouldn't really stress it.  

1 hour ago, Kriggly said:

Lue says he's planning to play him in shorter bursts because he doesn't think his cardio will be there after not playing since the 2nd.  I think it's reasonable to expect shorter minute allocation for the first game, but if you're thinking about not playing him because you have someone on your bench who will player better than KLove in like 25-30 minutes, then you're winning a championship anyway.  I wouldn't really stress it.  

Thanks for this. I was kinda worried about benching him but I'm going with Middleton over Love tonight. 

Expecting a big year for him.  FG% will definitely take a hit, but his usage will spike up quite a bit and the volume stats will be there.

He took 18 shots and 14 free throws in his first game.  A great sign.  Just needs to stay healthy.

5 hours ago, barbosa said:

FG% will definitely take a hit,

why do you feel this? he should play closer to the basket this year with lebron gone. 

54 minutes ago, barbosa said:

Defenses will collapse on him more with Lebron gone.

his efficiency was higher in minnesota though 

25 points, 19 rebounds, 7 assists tonight. Think we're in for a good year boys...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, atrium said:

25 points, 19 rebounds, 7 assists tonight. Think we're in for a good year boys...

Today was a good day.

14 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

What’s up with the fg%? He’s never been this bad! 

Small sample size. Hopefully he can settle in around 46%–47% eventually. That might be wishful thinking though, in his prime in Minnesota he was usually around 45%.

14 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

What’s up with the fg%? He’s never been this bad! 

No LBJ and still not playing that much in the post. Love lost too much weight compared to his years in Minn cant play in the post as much anymore.

14 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

No LBJ and still not playing that much in the post. Love lost too much weight compared to his years in Minn cant play in the post as much anymore.

He was way more efficient in Minnesota without LBJ, no? The post got weaker since then, he should be eating. 

Edited by COBBLEPOT

Just now, COBBLEPOT said:

He was way more efficient in Minnesota without LBJ, no? 

He was playing more inside in Minn, which he cant really do anymore as much with his build

Sitting tonight with foot soreness..... Who's starting in his place? Is it time for Dekker to be the man?

lol I know it sucks for owners but a buddy of mine drafted him in my league and was like I’ll sell after two months and get a bundle back. I was like the min he gets hurt and those roto blurbs start popping up saying sell high it will be impossible to actually do so. I didn’t think it would start 4 games in ?. My buddy is so salty right now. ? I owned Marc Gasol last year and although he didn’t miss many games I comped his situation to Loves this year. I tried selling Gasol for months and no one would buy. Little did I know this situation is much worse. If I was an owner I’d try to get a top 30-50 guy back ASAP or as soon as he seems healthy if possible (not likely) and avoid the giant tanking situation this year. Why the Cavs signed him for 4 years I have zero clue. 

Edited by chud12
  • Like 2