J.T. Marlin

Kevin Love 2018-19 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, Kamura said:

Yeah thats very low.

I am trying to get a guy to offer Tobias for him and if he offers, I might have to take it.

I feel like the cavs are trying to shop him but also wouldn't be surprised to see him come back next week...

Just don't know what to think right now.

luckily I still managed to get the W for the last 2 weeks. I may just gonna stay with it until more info is coming from the cavs... just wanted to add larry nance asap now I really need the damn O tag..

p.s I think thts a good deal for love tbh I would rather sacrfice the potential from love for the safe stats of tobias

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sasuke7201 said:

luckily I still managed to get the W for the last 2 weeks. I may just gonna stay with it until more info is coming from the cavs... just wanted to add larry nance asap now I really need the damn O tag..

p.s I think thts a good deal for love tbh I would rather sacrfice the potential from love for the safe stats of tobias

Yeah I won last week and tied this week considering I have AD, kyrie, Collins, Otto and Love. Guess the silver lining is my team should be awesome if they all play to their averages?

Can't lie it's been absolutely brutal and disheartening but it's a challenge I'm willing to take on.

Back to Love, I really get the feeling he could play if he/they wanted him to....really wish they would get their s--- together.

2 hours ago, Kamura said:

Yeah thats very low.

I am trying to get a guy to offer Tobias for him and if he offers, I might have to take it.

I feel like the cavs are trying to shop him but also wouldn't be surprised to see him come back next week...

Just don't know what to think right now.

Tobias for Love would be decent enough IMO, also with LAC playoff schedule and all. As a Love owner, he is someone I singled out as a "replacement". But will wait to see how things evolve. At least the INJ tag should be there after next game. Opens up a streamer spot, but obviously nothing of Love's potential value out there.

I knew it was going to be a mistake drafting this guy. Should have just listened to my gut but I had hopes he'd put up huge numbers this season....not sit out with a sore foot and possibly have extended rest time. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. 

Now it's going to be hard to get anything of real value back...

• Like 1

I guess you have to pick up guys like TT, Nance and indirectly Sexton (tanking and development) asap. Nance is obviously the best pickup.

I don't think they will give him big minutes after, Cavs might have the worst record in the league by the time he is back.

Edited by rob0403

16 minutes ago, megaplayboy said:

remind me to never draft this guy again

Don't say you weren't warned...

On 2018-07-24 at 7:26 PM, Stefan said:

One more important question is... will he be healthy ? 

I wouldn't bet on it. .. 

On 2018-09-25 at 3:07 PM, PAX said:

Signed an extension. Now CLE's #1 option but still, his durability is the real risk.

On 2018-09-25 at 4:05 PM, richg24 said:

so is the heavy shutdown risk in h2h playoffs. love will crush this year but will it matter to you in h2h leagues if he doesn't play in the home stretch?

On 2018-09-25 at 4:38 PM, StifleTower2 said:

24/12 with 2.5 3pg.  Top 10 player if you’re punting FG and really THE center to target if you’re punting FG.  Otherwise a safe second round pick.  He is a shutdown candidate for H2H but should be really solid in roto.

On 2018-10-03 at 6:44 PM, krupocin said:

Ive always been a fan of his game for fantasy the only thing I worry about him though is injury and tanking. He has been very injury prone and with his now smaller body I’m not sure how he holds up over 82 with all the banging down low for defensive rebounds. I also don’t see him putting up MIN level assists anymore either. I still will target him but not pre-3rd 

On 2018-10-04 at 6:35 AM, Gdupm6 said:

His durability has always been an issue. With Lebron gone he has even more responsibility now which can make him more vulnerable to an injury. Other than the durability/injury risk he should have his best season as a Cav barring no injuries. 

On 2018-10-10 at 10:13 AM, Jake the snake said:

Three words people seem to be completely ignoring on this thread. He is now 30 and the "injury prone" tag is now firmly attached to his name after back to back seasons of 60 games. He'll be useful when healthy but injury and shut down are real with this guy. Cavs are going to stink. His FG% will drop without LeBron and a team basically void of scorers and guys that can create their own shots or even looks for others. Talk of love in the 2nd round is a recipe for disaster. In a punt FG build he is useful but that also comes with the caveat you're on your way to pointing blocks also. 3rd round guy for roto or any sort of balanced build and even then you're likely to be well frustrated with him over the season with injuries and DNPs

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

What pisses me off is that the public was left in the dark about this foot injury. Ya he missed some preseason games with "foot soreness" but hes a vet and what vet doesn't usually take some games off during preseason. 

Also it was always listed as foot soreness. wtf is it? when i think of soreness i think of temporary pain but this is going to take a month + to heal?

If i had any idea that he was remotely hurt to start the year I never would have drafted him. Kinda bull**** how they really didn't explain this situation prior to the season. 

41 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

Don't say you weren't warned...

Well I didn’t draft him anywhere so I guess that’s a hollow victory. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Packerguy55 said:

What pisses me off is that the public was left in the dark about this foot injury. Ya he missed some preseason games with "foot soreness" but hes a vet and what vet doesn't usually take some games off during preseason. 

Also it was always listed as foot soreness. wtf is it? when i think of soreness i think of temporary pain but this is going to take a month + to heal?

If i had any idea that he was remotely hurt to start the year I never would have drafted him. Kinda bull**** how they really didn't explain this situation prior to the season. 

Its another word for "tanking"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Well I didn’t draft him anywhere so I guess that’s a hollow victory. 

I'm just saying plenty of people yourself included were warning of injuries and shutdown... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Packerguy55 said:

the injury is obviously fake

its something he could easily play through if he wasn’t on a tanking team 

1 hour ago, COBBLEPOT said:

the injury is obviously fake

its something he could easily play through if he wasn’t on a tanking team 

Totally agree. This is bullsh*t. 

4 hours ago, Dusticle said:

Trade him for Jimmy Butler, throw in Wiggins too for a laugh

You know you joke but... Minny has good memories of Klove beasting and Thibs  desperately wants to be relevant this year (otherwise he might get canned). Butler wouldn’t want to go to Cleveland though so it would be a three teamed. They can’t trade him until Jan 23 anyways so who knows what situations arise between now and then.

Man, a trade with Butler for Love would be fair for both teams, and could be great for the Wolves getting to the playoffs. Thibodeau has been really vocal about getting talent that is ready right now to contribute in exchange for Jimmy.   KAT and Love would be an awesome big man combo on offense that can both knock down the 3 and rebound.  KAT would really need to protect the rim better, but I love the idea of MIN acquiring him back, again.

I can't imagine Butler not freaking out while Cleveland stacks up losses though so the Cavs would need to acquire another starter that can score.  Sexton / Butler / Osman / Nance / Vucevic could work. Vuc is dominating without a PG / playmaker to help so who knows what he could do with Butler getting him the ball in opportune spots.  Maybe they'd be competitive while they let young guys develop.  Cavs would be using a strategy similar to what Boston did back when Pierce / Garnett left town...remain competitive, develop young talent, and execute a small rebuild while letting their under 30 year old veterans shine ( Isaiah / Horford compared to Butler / Vucevic ).

The Magic could use a pick from Cavs to fit in with their young, talented core in return for Vuc.  Or Magic could trade that acquired pick using it towards acquiring a playmaker they desperately need. 

Minnesota needs a little Love right about now!

• Like 1