J.T. Marlin

Kevin Love 2018-19 Season Outlook

Almost got Tobias for him yesterday but would feel too much like a s--- bloke so it is what it is

Hopefully he can come back and play well after.

Maybe his next doctor visit uncovers a short term fix that will enable him to keep playing.

Who knows. Depression.

Just now, Kamura said:

Almost got Tobias for him yesterday but would feel too much like a s--- bloke so it is what it is

Hopefully he can come back and play well after.

Maybe his next doctor visit uncovers a short term fix that will enable him to keep playing.

Who knows. Depression.

you shoulda did that 

1 minute ago, COBBLEPOT said:

you shoulda did that 

Yeah he didn't go for it so it's a moot point now.

Will still look to offload for 50c on the dollar.

This dude is getting paid so much over the next 5 years it's insane. Lucky guy.

8 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

I'm just saying plenty of people yourself included were warning of injuries and shutdown... 

Thanks for the credit.   I thought it would happen more like with one month left of the season not one month into the season.  Watch them trade him to a contender and he magically gets cured :rolleyes:

I don't think it's a shutdown. I think it's just the Cavs and KLove wanting to make sure he's 100% before they trade him away to a contender when he's eligible in January.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

I don't think it's a shutdown. I think it's just the Cavs and KLove wanting to make sure he's 100% before they trade him away to a contender when he's eligible in January.

It may not be a complete shutdown but it's not encouraging that they are resting him for a month one month into the season.  It's foreshadowing things to come.

I  think the best thing to do, if you can, is just deal with him until he gets back, let him put up his stats and then offload him. Right now his value is too low especially in leagues who don't have an inj spot. 

Unless you can actually find someone who will give you a good value(s) player for him. 

Edited by izeroi

I don't think they will be able to trade him with that fat contract. 

On 10/27/2018 at 3:33 PM, bbythepier said:

Out again? It has to be “secretive” plantar fasciitis. I’m not buying it as tank mode, he arguably makes them worse at this time with his inefficiency & lack of defense.

I saw the “perfect” trade for him at this time in one of my leagues.  Otto Porter for Kevin Love. ?

1) I concede what I thought might be “secretive plantar fasciitis” might instead be “secretive turf toe”.

2) Luckily he was a relatively easy 9-cat replacement this year (value-wise) with PF- Bjelica.

3) I don’t buy this is “tanking” in a year where the lottery odds are smushed together. They’ll suck with or without him.

4) I will never understand real life people who think “If he just comes back and puts up a couple of solid lines, the Cavs can trade him.”

Do people actually think today’s GMs, with Synergy videos and Ivy League assistants, are just going to fall for some inflated garbage stat lines on a terrible team? Is Isaiah Thomas still a GM or something?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, K50K said:

This. That contract is going to be hard to move. With his injury history and how he fades when he's the 2nd or 3rd best player on a team, that will be tough for another GM to take on. How many contenders even have cap space to make it work? It will be a bit of work to get him out of Cleveland.

On 10/25/2018 at 8:21 PM, crocp said:

This guy is 100% getting shut down later this year. No questions asked.

InfantileGlamorousAngelfish-size_restric

Edited by Stefan
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bbythepier said:

1) I concede what I thought might be “secretive plantar fasciitis” might instead be “secretive turf toe”.

2) Luckily he was a relatively easy 9-cat replacement this year (value-wise) with PF- Bjelica.

3) I don’t buy this is “tanking” in a year where the lottery odds are smushed together. They’ll suck with or without him.

4) I will never understand real life people who think “If he just comes back and puts up a couple of solid lines, the Cavs can trade him.”

Do people actually think today’s GMs, with Synergy videos and Ivy League assistants, are just going to fall for some inflated garbage stat lines on a terrible team? Is Isaiah Thomas still a GM or something?

You don't follow the NBA?

Bad Signings:

Joakim Noah

Luol Deng

Timofey Mozgov

Chandler Parsons

Tristan Thompson

Evan Turner

Bad choices:

Thunder keeping Russll Westbrook

KG & Pierce Nets trade

Jimmy Butler Rockets offer

It just takes one idiot and even in a room of 30 professionals you can always find one idiot.

Edited by bballshinobi
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, XOrad10 said:

SMFH NEVERRRRR drafting this loser again. How has Gallinari survived more games than him? ughh

whats a decent trade for an Injured Klove right now? im willing to offload him for anything with semi-decent value. Even if the player doesnt fit my roster well

1 minute ago, Iceylike10-17 said:

SMFH NEVERRRRR drafting this loser again. How has Gallinari survived more games than him? ughh

whats a decent trade for an Injured Klove right now? im willing to offload him for anything with semi-decent value. Even if the player doesnt fit my roster well

In roto I would calculate his expected output then subtract 25% of that for missed games which probably means a top 50 pick.  In H2H I probably wouldn’t trade much for him.  Solid second rounder when healthy but I would be too concerned about injury and possible shutdown during fantasy playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

In roto I would calculate his expected output then subtract 25% of that for missed games which probably means a top 50 pick.  In H2H I probably wouldn’t trade much for him.  Solid second rounder when healthy but I would be too concerned about injury and possible shutdown during fantasy playoffs. 

agreed which is why Im trying to offload this hunk of junk as soon as possible! especially with 1IR spot and me already rostering Boogie. 
The craziest thing is that I drafted him in an auction league for $60 (decent) but refused to pay $58 for Drummond. My My how the tables have turned. Fantasy Gods are having a huge chuckle at my expense :angry: lol

18 minutes ago, Iceylike10-17 said:

agreed which is why Im trying to offload this hunk of junk as soon as possible! especially with 1IR spot and me already rostering Boogie. 
The craziest thing is that I drafted him in an auction league for $60 (decent) but refused to pay $58 for Drummond. My My how the tables have turned. Fantasy Gods are having a huge chuckle at my expense :angry: lol

Is that $200 budget.  Even in my highest buying leagues I was able to get Drummond for sub $30 and Jordan for sub $20 and I’m not even first in those leagues.  I can’t imagine paying $60 for love with a $200 budget.

11 hours ago, K50K said:

Woj and Zach Lowe talked about this yesterday on the pod and thought there would be a market for him even with the contract.

On 10/30/2018 at 8:30 PM, srb said:

Woj and Zach Lowe talked about this yesterday on the pod and thought there would be a market for him even with the contract.

Yeah personally I don't see why a team wouldn't trade for him if they think they're an elite rebounder & stretch 4 away from a title. I could see him fitting in a place like Philly or Houston. The contract is bloated but if he can play like he did on the Cavs the last few years it would be worth it for a win-now team, and Love just turned 30 with a game that will age very well. 

I was one of the people who cautioned against drafting him too high or spending too much $ on him in this thread, but I think this is an overreaction to the toe injury right now, I honestly believe they want to trade him and this is to make sure he is 100% healthy for then. You have to think this might've been the plan all along for the Cavs, to see how the team looked and if it looked bad, trade Love. People forget that free agents who didn't grow up in Akron generally don't sign with the Cavs, CLE has got to be a bottom 5 destination in the NBA for FA's, so the way they get players is via draft or trade. Letting Love walk away for nothing would've been stupid for a team like the Cavs and this isn't Blake Griffin (aging athlete with lower body injury history and no history of winning playoff games really) and his massive deal we are talking about, regardless of what you think about Love he has a game that will age very well and is an NBA champion with multiple finals experience, also a guy who is respected in the locker room and around the NBA as a leader since getting involved in his mental health campaign.

I think most would be surprised at the amount of teams that would be interested in him. The 76ers with Love at PF instead of Dario (who's my boy but no K Love) nailing 3's stretching the floor next to Simmons/Embiid (who could also cover his deficiencies) throwing full court passes dominating the boards when Simmons/Embiid sit would be scary for opposing teams. The 76ers are my team and I've never been a huge fan of Love but I wouldn't be upset if they traded for him, they're certainly not winning anything with their current squad and we have seen Love can be really successful when he doesn't have to be the man. 

He's had some injury issues but a lot of it has been upper body which is generally more flukey than lower body, I mean most of his time missed was from a hand injury and Kelly Olynyk ripping his shoulder out of the socket haha unless I'm misremembering. I don't have any stake in the game because I avoided him in drafts generally, and maybe I'll sound stupid in 3 months when he is out for the year with a toe ouchie but I feel like instead of the off-season hype train slowing down like it should've, it derailed and is now killing all the villagers! I get it if your team is losing without him, and a lot of people crazy over-reacted to what he was going to do as the guy on the Cavs this season in the off-season so this is the natural response to that in the other direction, but I still maintain this toe thing likely is about making sure he's 100% for a future trade or at least that it doesn't linger if the team is able to put together a string of W's without him. 

• Like 2

Cavaliers just trying to get Zion to replace to Lebron..Would never trade for this guy not even at a buy low price, unless he gets traded..If he stays in Cleveland, they WILL shut him down the stretch...You have been warned!! Get rid of him!!