linkr

Luka Dončić 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I see only WCJ as the only one who can arguably compete with him for the ROY award but Luka will win out because Mavs will have the better record. 

I feel like every game Luca comes out of it with another injury. Seeing him questionable for each and every game the last 2 weeks is giving me agita. Its been a joyous ride so far but worrisome at times if you follow this thread. 

• Like 1

Gotta give the kid credit for toughness but I do have a ? on any possible games missed going forward.

Wonder if I should sell high on this dude. Obviously love his play but he's going to hit the rookie wall at one point.

7 hours ago, Kobe824 said:

Wonder if I should sell high on this dude. Obviously love his play but he's going to hit the rookie wall at one point.

disagree on the rookie wall.  pre-season everyone's like 'he can't play nba level'. now he's ballin. the man was a euroleague mvp 

8 hours ago, Kobe824 said:

You have to consider the fact he is used to playing 80 games/year.

Sell high folks!! 

Obviously kidding, yall are right but teams will game plan for the kid the 2nd half of the season, hopefully he can keep these stats up.

On 2018年11月12日 at 6:13 PM, ellejamil said:

In like 3 leagues I got offered Gary Harris for this guy

Did you accept it? Gary Harris was drafted top 50 and Luka is still top 90 at this point. I think I'd have to take it. Anyone? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sickrookie said:

Did you accept it? Gary Harris was drafted top 50 and Luka is still top 90 at this point. I think I'd have to take it. Anyone? 

I think he’s one of those players where he’s probably valued even higher to a lot of people. 

• Like 1

Is it just me or been under an injury cloud for majority of the season so far? Durability/rest maybe going to be an issue later in the season when the mavs turn their attention to the draft ? 

On 11/14/2018 at 8:45 PM, sickrookie said:

I didn't because I needed what Luka can give me. While Garris is one of my favorite fantasy players, he didnt fit my team's build

• Like 1

On 11/14/2018 at 7:45 AM, sickrookie said:

I wouldn't do it. I payed the Luka price and I'm taking the Luka ride. He's versatile and will getting more experience as the year winds on. I'm excited to see what he becomes in this league.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brandayz said:

So what is this guy's ceiling this year?? Top 50 max?

Why is everyone so damn hung up on a ranking? All that matters is if he produces well in your team build. His ranking is fairly low right now because of the very high turnovers, steals just under 1 and just meh ft% so far. He fills up points rebounds assists and 3s. He is averaging 19 6 and 4 with 2.4 3s. That is beast. He can chip in some blocks and about 1 steal. I'm slightly worried by the fact that since the 2nd or 3rd game every single game he has been a game time decision or questionable. He has played all of them but it's a bit concerning 

Edited by richg24
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, richg24 said:

Why is everyone so damn hung up on a ranking? All that matters is if he produces well in your team build. His ranking is fairly low right now because of the very high turnovers, steals just under 1 and just meh ft% so far. He fills up points rebounds assists and 3s. He is averaging 19 6 and 4 with 2.4 3s. That is beast. He can chip in some blocks and about 1 steal. I'm slightly worried by the fact that since the 2nd or 3rd game every single game he has been a game time decision or questionable. He has played all of them but it's a bit concerning 

Because ranking has a lot do with the overall value and if you want to trade them ranking also helps close a deal in most leagues

3 hours ago, Brandayz said:

Because ranking has a lot do with the overall value and if you want to trade them ranking also helps close a deal in most leagues

This year Luka is one of those players you can exploit the rankings with. I feel he’s a keep right now more than a sell just because I don’t think he’s shown his ceiling yet as a fantasy player this year. The mavs themselves are trying to understand how to use Luka. It’s undeniable his passing is his greatest strength and I don’t think they’ve totally utilize that aspect of him yet. I’d buy Luka and see where he takes you. You got a guaranteed top 50 in him and possibly higher.

I just love that they are throwing him in against the warriors (in which they will lose) even after a slight shoulder niggle.. 

There  is no ‘babying’ this kid and he’s gong to be given every opportunity going forward! 

Gotta love his toughness. Many other players would be resting over these nagging injuries. Kudos Luka ??

8 hours ago, richg24 said:

Rankings are usually silly to cite in the first place but when it's like 1.4 steals shooting a player up 40 spots as compared to 1.2 steals, I accept it. But in situations like this, when turnovers are making a players rank depressed (or inflated), who cares?  Most teams should be playing to lose turnovers in the first place until like Saturday afternoon. 

• Like 1