linkr

Luka Dončić 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Says a lot about him as a player when his thread does't catch fire after such a performance and a win against current champions. 

We're used to it by now and it's been 15 games of his NBA carreer only :D

7 hours ago, Wise guy91 said:

Still not athletic enough for my liking 

Serious thoughts I had watching him at the FT line last night:

"I wonder if he's wearing that black compression shirt to hide his undefined arms."

"Wow he's only 19, and he's this clutch?"

"Damn he's good looking, can't blame the women for wanting him."

Edited by SkalChriston
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Wise guy91 said:

Still not athletic enough for my liking 

The common comment about white players, doesn't look much different than Bird or Nowitzki, it worked out pretty good for them, if he doesn't get hurt he's a lock for ROY, playing better and can do more than Ayton

1 hour ago, azeri98 said:

The common comment about white players, doesn't look much different than Bird or Nowitzki, it worked out pretty good for them, if he doesn't get hurt he's a lock for ROY, playing better and can do more than Ayton

That poster was being sarcastic though. He is loling at the critics that said doncic wont be a good NBA player because he is not athletic enough. Watching Doncic...he is athletic in his own way, he isnt high flyer athletic but he uses his body extremely well and his movements are super fluid. He makes little juke moves to free up space or get to the rim that look easy but most players are not nearly creative enough to pull them off. He is disgustingly good, not even for a rookie. He controls games and puts games away, its unreal. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

His stat line looks better w/o DSJ, who's questionable to start this game. Too bad JJB a bit too old to play extended minutes. 

Just dropping 15 pts/8 assists to the Celtics and nobody is really impressed. Too bad he wasn't playing against tough competition like Buffalo Bulls and Creighton Bluejays last year so it was difficult to see this coming....

• Thanks 1

On 11/21/2018 at 11:29 PM, sickrookie said:

His stat line looks better w/o DSJ, who's questionable to start this game. Too bad JJB a bit too old to play extended minutes. 

Carlisle needs to bench DSJ and free Doncic.  If the reigns are handed over for him to be the full-time PG he will be the European Magic Johnson.  Carlisle needs to move DSJ to a 6th man role and start Doncic at PG.  Last night the Mavs played extremely well with Doncic at PG playing with 2 elite 3 & D wings like Finney Smith and Wes Matthews.  Let DSJ come off the bench and stagger his minutes with Doncic.  DSJ is too high usage and ball-dominant to be effective with Doncic and reduces the effectiveness of both players.  Sadly I doubt the Mavs do this though because of DSJ's ego and draft position.  

3 hours ago, linkr said:

And he's not just playing gor stats. The Mavs are winning :o

Agreed.  Best lineup is Doncic at PG and Finney-Smith and Wes playing elite 3 and D on the wings.  Bring DSJ off the bench as a microwave 6th man type and stagger his minutes with Doncic since he needs the ball in his hands to be effective.

4 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

Carlisle needs to bench DSJ and free Doncic.  If the reigns are handed over for him to be the full-time PG he will be the European Magic Johnson.  Carlisle needs to move DSJ to a 6th man role and start Doncic at PG.  Last night the Mavs played extremely well with Doncic at PG playing with 2 elite 3 & D wings like Finney Smith and Wes Matthews.  Let DSJ come off the bench and stagger his minutes with Doncic.  DSJ is too high usage and ball-dominant to be effective with Doncic and reduces the effectiveness of both players.  Sadly I doubt the Mavs do this though because of DSJ's ego and draft position.  

It is obvious that Doncic and Mavs play better when the ball is in Doncic hands. The coaching staff, the GM, the owner, the fans, everyone see this. So if they want to trade DSJ (maybe even next season), they will showcase him as much as possible. The move to 6th man role is good for fantasy purposes for Luka`s owners and in short term for Mavs, but in long term it will be smarter to play both and try to hide the inefficiency of DSJ with Luka. In 2 years with good defender at C and 3 versaitle 3 and D players, Mavs will be scary.

I've seen him doing this here in Europe so many times it's almost routine, but hey, you some of guys might be interested.. especially those concerned about.... athleticism.

Edited by doomz
  • Haha 1

On 16.11.2018 г. at 5:11 AM, ellejamil said:

I didn't because I needed what Luka can give me. While Garris is one of my favorite fantasy players, he didnt fit my team's build

I just traded Gary, Dinwiddie and WCJ for Luka. The price was very high, but my team is deep and needed room for Barton from IR spot. Gary really struggles this season with FG, 3s and stls, and i believe in 8cat roto, Luka deff. will finish top 30. I am on the train!

40 minutes ago, montanski said:

I just traded Gary, Dinwiddie and WCJ for Luka. The price was very high, but my team is deep and needed room for Barton from IR spot. Gary really struggles this season with FG, 3s and stls, and i believe in 8cat roto, Luka deff. will finish top 30. I am on the train!

lol cmon man. you got killed in this trade. Gary will recover. At least it's 8cat.

Edited by RipCity0

On 11/28/2018 at 3:34 PM, Zsocca said:

HALLELUKA!!!

5 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

lol cmon man. you got killed in this trade. Gary will recover. At least it's 8cat.

The funny thing is that i am leading and 5 hours after the other owner accepted the deal, we`ve got 2 veto votes already. I did it for barton activation and to add Dunn and LeVert from the waivers. The other owners think that i will be stronger after the deal :lol:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

i think he won it the waiver wire adds are good 

23 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

i think he won it the waiver wire adds are good 

Well yes if he can add Dunn from the wire (how he is not owned in a league with IR??) a nd can weather the storm for 1-2 weeks he is ok.